1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried out for "personal reasons"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 8, 2019.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

they're not very playoff tested compare to river and shump

2. mastan

mastan Member

Does anybody know if Faried available for today's game?

napalm06 likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Faried should get some minutes these next two games. Especially with Durant out. He brings that PJ Tucker-type hustle this team so badly needs.

I'd give him Shunperts minutes, to be honest.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should both be more playable now with KD out and, theoretically, one less shooter on the floor for GSW. Easier to show and swap coverage when it is Jerebko/McKinnie/Looney/Livingston as the 5th versus KD when the W's have the Curry/Thompson/Green/Iggy quartet on the court. They can be even more effective when one of Curry/Thompson sits and there is only one Splash Brother shooting threat is on the floor.

jcmoon likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

I hate cryptic stuff. I mean, it's not like I have a right to know what Faried's personal reasons are. And if there are any major problems, I really wish him the best. I think it's natural for ambiguous explanations to cause a certain amount tension in people that care about the situation being described as such. And as basketball fans whose team is on the verge of playoff elimination, not having a player available for "personal reasons" is incredibly uncomfortable. And I think a lot of us just like Faried and get concerned that way as well.

That said, my one speculation is that it doesn't have anything to do with Ramadan. There is no other team in American sports history that has more experience with a Muslim player figuring out personally and physically how to play through Ramadan. AND that particular player has been in the stands every single game. Faried can literally walk up to the legend himself and discuss these matters with the greatest expert in the world on this very specific matter.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kanter said he texted Hakeem and got his advice on it for these playoffs.

Whatever the reason is, we have to just accept he has a good one and put it out of mind. Its too easy to forget that these people have lives outside of basketball.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

If I was Harden i would tell pringels to bench Capela after three missed point blank layups. Its his legacy at stake and hes not even trying to show up... Faried may miss or make but he wont shrink like Clint

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice idea , although i would like to see lineup of tucker faried and capela

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Seems like just a few months ago I claimed that Kenneth Faried was Daryl Murray’s greatest midseason pick up

mockster likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m convinced from past situations that Feigen knows what the personal reasons are, and here he steadfastly shoots down the idea that it is player discord.

tmoney1101, whiskeyred and Vivi like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With the Warriors likely to be setting twice as many screens at twice the speed, Faried/Shumpert/Green start becoming less and less playable.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let Rivers run through all of them

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As with every MDA team ever, the more you strain the players, the less surprised you should be if they miss open 3's. Can't escape it.

If I'm MDA I go with 8 or maybe even 9 for this game, though I stick with our top 7 in the second half. The Warriors will run out of steam.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

can't afford him next year, let's make him the bad guy

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Still no answer as to if Faried is available tonight? Is he? What about House?

17. dwhite

dwhite Member

Faried has been available each game and so has House. It’s just BS from the team to avoid the obvious questions as to why they aren’t playing.

18. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

You talking about Capela? Because that's what I've been seeing the whole series. Outside of the nice Block on Iggy, Capela looks timid and scared out there. Especially in Game 5. I think Faried's hustle, energy, and rebounding, can make up for his defense and he can actually hit three's If needed.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just stop man..he is not playable in this series... he is a huge liability on defense...we will be useful in the next series just like CC.

Just stop talking about KF.....its done....

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kenny is here to win it all.

Trust that.

WarEagleRockets likes this.