1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried Not Well liked in Denver, Should Rockets Be Interested?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 19, 2014.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Are there any well-liked players we can get? After we lost Parsons we are way behind in the liked race.

2. Textroets

Textroets Member

I would prefer Gibson for sure but I doubt he's available. Either player would be an upgrade honestly.

3. chandlerbang21

Stretch 4 crap is overrated, rockets need all the help they can get. Randolph and gasol work together in the paint so why can't Houston strive to get that. This team is a laughing stock when it comes to shooting 3's already

4. smr6

smr6 Member

The biggest reason it works for Memphis is they don't have a player who's game completely relies on getting into the paint like James Harden's does.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Kenneth Faried is all hustle. I would love him in the rotation, but at that salary he has to be a major cog, and I don't see him being that.

As has been mentioned, he's awful defensively. And offensively all he can do is finish around the rim. As his minutes go up, his energy falls and so does his production, so he has to play limited minutes.

Frankly he would be basically lateral move from T-Jones, for a lot more money. Although he would certainly be better than our backups. If we are gonna give up our financial flexibilty, it has to be for a better player than him.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Are we building the new badboys teams?

HOUUUUUUUSTOOOOOONNNN BASKETBALLLLLLLLLL

7. rocketseagles07

Lmao. If we add faried Ariza would be the only starter left either players/fans or both can't stand

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Faried plays worse defense than Harden. He can't even shoot. No thanks

9. King901

King901 Member

Both of them can shoot the mid range jumper consistently, so they don't have to clog the paint.

10. rocketseagles07

Faried would be great next to Howard rebounding wise but other than that meh. Howard can't do anything outside the paint and they'd basically be the same player. Besides fast breaks he'd be a problem on offense and the spacing would be terrible. He's also not the greatest defender

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol too much ganja bro. Denver would never do that.

12. rockets13champs

BAAAAAAD BOY ROCKETS!!!

13. kemah

kemah Member

I was on the Faried bandwagon at first during FIBA but as the tourney went on I saw that Fairied has no outside shot and was horrible at defending the PnR. The PnR is the bread and butter of the NBA offense. Still thought he would make a good addition to our roster if the price was right but that 12.5 million contract makes him over priced. If he had gotten a team friendly contract like Ariza has then yes but now he is too expensive and would lock our cap down. TJ will give us the same production offensively and defensively.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's not getting that much for this season at least.
    [​IMG]

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Gallanari is worth every penny and will draw a big or 2 out of the paint when he shoots his 3s. Howard would appreciate that.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I'm guessing you mean Beverley, but the Rockets need another shot creator, especially when Harden sits. And he'll need to sit more in the regular season. If you hate Lawson's defense, Beverley can always close out games on defense.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Oh since he is still in his rookie deal this year the total salary to get Lawson and faried would be around 15m

We could give up terry, papa, and any of tjones, Dmo, capela, canaan or picks to make salaries work

No need to give up Ariza for 15m worth of contrCts

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Lawson, harden, Ariza, faried, dwight

This team wouldn't struggle on offense.. with a real PG like ty lawson

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Warmly welcome

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

I like Faried. I don't think he's a good fit for our team. And I think he gets paid too much.

I'll pass.