1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried Not Well liked in Denver, Should Rockets Be Interested?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 19, 2014.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Denver may hate Faried but the League loves him. Didn't Fareid get that contract extension because they felt pressure from the outside because he was so loved after his summer with the national team?

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow i have much higher opinion of faried than most poster here.

Yes he cannot shoot and his defense is less than you expect. But he is a tough player who can rebound. With hin cleaning up the boards dwight can focus on rim protection. And we would be the best offensive rebounding team in the nba.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Yes we absolutly should be interested... Won't happen tho

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cyberex said morey would love to get his hands on him...but given this story, why would we want someone people hate. We already got Dwight.:p

5. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

If he isn't well liked, then why the contract extension? Could be setting up for a big trade for some valuable assets, rather than having him on the trading block as a rental. Or, the fans in Denver like him so much that the organization would rather deal with some disgruntled players than risk the loss of the publics interest.

My bet is on the second.

6. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

I'd say Lawson is not needed, Houston already get the best PG in PP to compliment Harden.

7. Ghost_of_Akeem

Have you seen this guy play before? He would not come off the bench for us, he would start at the 4 and he and Dwight would lead the league in blocked shots and rebounds amongst any other starting front court duo and it would not even be close.

Plus, Faried can play in a fast paced system. He excels at getting out in the open court and running the break. This guy is the perfect fit for our team, if we truly want to build a defensive juggernaut.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yuck.

I really need someone to help me understand how a team already struggling with spacing would benefit from pairing Dwight with a guy who can't shoot more than 4 feet away from the basket.

9. Ghost_of_Akeem

Because our half-court defense would be unstoppable, m'kay?

In the playoffs, teams that play the best half court defense usually win the ship. Faried is still young and quite raw, but he has the ability to become one of the league's best rebounders and shot blockers. He's playing on a horrible team right now, a team that isn't defensively focused on stopping other teams. Put him next to Dwight on this Rockets team and we may very well hold opponents to 85 ppg or less and our transition defense would be the best in the league, SHOWTIME baby!

Could you imagine a Faried and Canaan pick and roll? Or Harden and Faried pick and pop? All of the alley oop possibilities with Howard and Faried near the basket?

Dude, you are truly lost if you cannot see the value in acquiring a player like this.

With that said, Faried is never coming here as Denver would never trade him to us, unless we had naked pics of their GM doing the bad bad with 10 yr old boys.

10. nobie

nobie Member

Farried would be great with Dwight. Do want.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Could he teach harden how to hustle?

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Good thing the championship is not awarded based on who are the 'most well liked' players.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You guys do realize that the 3 common complaints about our PF situation have been-

A. Can't shoot consistently from 3
    B. Big enough to defend the likes of LMA, Dirk, BG, etc.
    C. Rebounds

Faried only really takes care of 1 of those 3 big needs that most of you guys complain about consistently with Jones & D-Mo.

Faried is not.... I repeat... is NOT an adequate defensive big and has very bad habits at that end that will have to be considered.

However what he does well is run the floor like a mad man, and he gets a ton of extra possessions fighting for offensive rebounds. Oh... and he dunks... alot.

I'd love to have him, but I'm just warning you guys that constantly complain about Jones, Faried doesn't upgrade the areas that you have been complaining about Jones for the past 2 years. Be careful what you wish for.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Crazy. Faried is quite good. He is just what we need.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He would be another tweener 3/4. Why not aim for Mozgov? He's the only 1 that can actually give Howard some rest. JJ Hickson and possibly McGee...

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm really confused on how a premiere player is only paid that much?

17. CertifiedTroll

I think Taj Gibson fits the bill better. Swing dat 3 way trade Muray

18. dobro1229

Horrible defense. Undersized. Limited offensive game.

and he agreed to the extension. He took a potential pay cut from what the open market would have given him to get his money earlier. Kind of scares me that he was a bit impatient with his next contract, and so far has come out the gate with a so-so performance thus far this year.

I'd say based on his performance, for an 11PPG/7Reb PF with limited offense & poor defense, getting paid 12.5 mil per year is pretty good for him.

19. dobro1229

This. Not sure why people would want Faried instead of Gibson. Much better defender, and has an offensive game that is evolving much better. Also probably a better role player next to H&H who will fit right in, and give what is needed to win as he's done his whole career in Chicago with no complaints about coming off the bench, or consistent PT.

People want Faried because of the hair, Manimal reputation from his dunks on SC, and popularity from team USA.

If you really pay attention to whose out there, and look at production, Taj Gibson would be a no-brainer choice if you had a chance to choose.. especially when you factor in that Gibson would be a value contract.

Still... that being said, Faried might be available sooner than Gibson, and I'd gladly trade for Faried if the price was right. Give me Gibson any day of the week though.

20. Textroets

Textroets Member

Faried's hustle and fire alone would help this team out more than people here are realizing. Seems like 99% of you guys on here always want someone who can spread the floor and shoot. He'd be great for this current Rocket team, no doubt about it.