1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried 27 pts, 17 rebs in 24 minutes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fostate, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Fostate

Fostate Member

Dude is going to be an all-star probably in a year or two. Imagine if we would have picked him instead of Morris...our bench would be absolutely stacked

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Imagine if Morris played for 24 mins every night...

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't want to. Why cause nightmares?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I stand by Morris is going to be a good player in this league. I just hope it is with the Rockets. The guy has all the tools to at least be a 6th man offensive spark type...

Basketball is a mental game too and Rockets can't always hope to just toss a player out there give him 3 minutes than yank him...

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can argue that point about a boatload of rookies that don't get playing time. Perhaps Morris hasn't done enough in practice to deserve more time, which is proven by how sorry he is when he does play.

Thabeet supporters argued this.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I hate watching him patty more than D. Blair. Why Murray? Why you no drafts strong big man who is big?

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Ficksed. Derp!

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Perhaps but no one really knows for sure. It's funny that at the start of the year he looked much better than he does now. Most teams when they want to develop a NBA player they play the guy and see what happens.

There is a reason that Twill has played better for the Kings than the Rockets and it's mainly because you can't expect good performances out of players and give them shaky minutes. Even Clyde has said this over and over and also numerous other coaches believe you have to give guys reliable minutes.

You can't expect a guy to impress when you give him 3 minutes here....6 minutes a weak later...then 2 minutes another game. Especially a young player.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The thing is we have SO MANY guys who are young and unproven; it's not just Morris. We're not a team that is in need of a "spark" or "young legs." We have plenty of that. If he wants PT, he either has to outplay the man before him or hope for an injury to show what he's capable of (ala Doran).

Unfortunately, it isn't happening in practice. And for a coach like McHale, you probably really have to impress him in practice for PT if you're a rookie.

He might have a decent career I don't know, but he's not a contributor this year.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's K, as much as I like Blair, I'm at least okay with Bud in the second round. He's not as good as Blair but still not too shabby

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Beasted. David Lee?

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is why they traded Nene.

Lol

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Faried is the reason why Nene got traded because the Nuggets basically found a replacement.

14. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

wish we woulda picked him up :(

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

can't judge him till he gets a chance

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah, just like Thabust.

Seriously, the Rockets are trying to win games and Morris just doesn't have it. There is a reason Parsons got his chance, produced on the floor and hasn't sniffed D league. You know a merit system is in place when your 2nd round pick is a key rotation player and the 1st rounder gets scrub minutes.

Morris needs to prove to the staff he can play in practice and when he's in the game. IMO, he's a doomed tweener who doesn't have the skills and quickness to be a SF and very obviously can't play PF full-time.

I'm not a McHale fan but I greatly respect his handling of Morris and Parsons.

Comparing Marcus Morris to Kenneth Faried is sheer lunacy. But to each his own. Maybe next season the light will turn on. Hope so but doubt it.

1 person likes this.
  17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This board and the "Marcus Morris" madness was something else. It does not do a player justice to compare him to the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, or Glenn Robinson. Very NBA ready players, in fact all three were expected to come in immediately and more or less carry the team.

Morris never came close to what those players did in college, especially Melo and Big Dog. In his last college season, Glenn Robinson was a 30-10 player who carried Perdue to the Elite 8 against Duke.

A young Melo, PP, or Glenn Robinson could've easily started for this Rockets team. One of the major problems with this situation on this board, some fans are trying to build Morris up to that, when in reality he hasn't even scratch the surface of those talents. It seems like every young player we have is compared to some NBA great, which is very premature. If the potential for one of those three was there, how come Morris did not go much higher in the draft.

1 person likes this.
  18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

^ Where's the poster who claimed he will be rookie of the year and will lead his team to an NBA championship?

19. what

what Member

I see faried as the next Matrix. In other words, I wouldn't call him Rodman just yet.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wonder if part of the problem is the common belief Morey can do no wrong. Looks like he struck out in the 1st round and got a keeper in the 2nd round.