1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

In these types of circumstances, yes.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

So...you're saying Kavanaugh (potentially) perjured himself? How?

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Let your conscious be your guide. This is all I ask of anyone.

cml750 likes this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I have heard that there is no statute of limitations in Maryland for this type of (alleged) crime. Still, to my mind, to be credible.....you don't wait 30+ years to make the allegation/accusation.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm perfectly fine with people coming forward 30+ years later if that's the first time they felt comfortable doing so....but unless there's some evidence or corroboration to go with their story, it might as well be a fairy tale.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

15 years old, 1982. Different time. Look at Bill Cosby accusers. Some of them took 40 years to come forward. Fear is big for many woman.

robbie380 likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

dude is proud of being able to wield power without being accountable to his constituents, what a disgrace

absent an easier means of recall/impeachment, lame ducks are dangerous (why I have reservations about term limits)

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

analysis from the prosecutor that questioned Ford at the hearing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Rational and fact based, our friends on the left will hate it.

cml750 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading lies to try to discredit his accuser. It's really low and despicable. Have you no shame? Especially since the Safeway was built in 1970 well before the 80's.

I think you need to a good long look at yourself - maybe you hate women?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like she was paid to write that - "the activities of congressional dems and attorney's likely affected Dr Ford's account"?

That sounds very strange for a professional to speculate upon. This is a hit piece.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You sound as conspiracy minded as the Republicans you always protest. Is there anything that you can point to that isn't fact within that document?

@Commodore where did you get that document from?

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I agree. That document is pretty solid and shows how flaky this lady is. So many simple things she should remember from current events about this whole coming out, but she can't seem to remember them, strangely. BUT, we should all believe the story from 36 years ago that she has been holding on to, that has no way of being corroborated by anyone in anyway...it's all from Dr. Ford, who may be suffering from other issues in her life that she doesn't want disclosed. More and more the fact that she's using this incident as a political weapon and not bc she's trying to do what's right in her life has me thinking she's as corrupt and spiteful as these folks trying to get her help in stopping the BK appointment.

At least they're smart enough to not try and use the gang bang, scamming, chick. Although they got some good media headlines from her.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Its a letter sent only to republican senators, go figure. And key phrase, based on testimony presented, oddly she didn't question kavanaugh, nor mark judge. And last, it wasn't a criminal trial, so burden is much different than a criminal trial. Obviously since in a criminal trial there would be the constraints on who testified and for how long. So her republican opinion really isn't relevant.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Really? What are you suggesting there?

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Blame lies with Harry Reid on that one. Once you give up something like that, it really never comes back.

cml750 likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not suggesting anything only showing that a Houston Congresswoman gave something to one of Dr Ford's attorneys. I am not sure what she gave them and make no pretense as to what it was. I am sure we will never find out what it was. I just found it interesting that she had some kind of contact with them.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say that document was opinion at all. Ford just had a lot of inconsistencies and it painfully lays them out. As I've said before I don't think her attorneys have served her very well and I don't think her accusations should have ever become public when you look at how poorly they have been corroborated. Her testimony left me with a million questions.

That said Kavanaugh did not handle himself well at all and did not have the temperament of a Supreme Court justice considering everything. He was also evasive and lied. I don't know if he could ever be truly non bias after everything that has happened. I thought neither of the 2 helped themselves with their testimony.

Also, I'm happy this FBI investigation is going on but I heard somewhere that the FBI investigation has LESS power to compel testimony and gather statements than the congressional investigation would have had since this is a non-criminal case. Oh well...I guess we will see what comes out.