1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ken Berger] Rockets trying to acquire another 1st-round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 22, 2015.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Good info!
    Pardon my ignorance, but if Bima (or other) could tell me... what is the min/max a first rder could be tied into his rookie scale contract - with or without their consent....?

2. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I don't really see how Faried fits the bill to be honest. His intensity and rebounding is nice, but you always want to assume a healthy Dwight, so having D-Mo stretch the floor is much nicer. Though it would maybe be nice to have D-Mo and Faried unit together when Dwight sits.

3. Sanity2disChaos

Exactly...you play the ole switch-a-roo when you add faried.

They provide the exact opposite at each of their respective position. Very versatile when you add J.Smith to the Front Court.

Dwight
    Monte
    J.Smith
    Faied

looks good to me.

4. do work son

do work son Member

Rather us stick with Dmo smith dwight Capela and use 18 and 25 to get 2 out of jerrian grant, justin anderson and RHJ

5. Raven

Raven Member

As GM, has Morey ever presided over a draft where he didn't try to acquire extra picks? He pretty much tries this every year, right?

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

turning "assets" into universal currency...

or ensuring a draft pick spent (32) doesnt turn into a 1yr rental (ie McD)...

either way DM is workin the angles... gotta love the tubby lil guy! :)

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

That line up is sick, block party plus lob city. But we will be worst FT team in the league

8. Sanity2disChaos

True.i think Dmo will improve and with that versatility and output from you the other guys you roll with the guy knocking them down that night.

I would think that would be a great frontcourt.Might allow you to move capella for a asset to help in the acquisition of a PG.

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Okay, so finsraider etc. if we aren't pursuing Lawson because of his character issues, then who are we looking at for that PG upgrade? Vasquez would be great off the bench. I'm not sure Llull is going to come over, what are our options? Brainstorm away

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TJ + 2 first rounds for LMA sign n' trade?

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Don't know where the TJ to Portland rumors are coming from, but I sure do like CJ McCollum...

12. GottaHaveHeart

Never a dull moment in Dork Elvis' offseason!:eek:

13. dmoneybangbang

The Roxs hit it from every angle to see what the market is asking.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Rockets pay their 2nd rounders like late first picks anyway. No need for cap room or to dip into their MLE for 1st rounders.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

That would be incredible. Not sure if they're willing to let him go, but he would be such a great fit.

16. Chamillionaire

Right now, anything is an improvement at that position as much as I liked Prigs and Terry at times last year. They played hard. Prigs played smart, always fouled during fast breaks so they wouldn't get lay ups, making good passes to roller, etc...

Llull is going to have a lot of pressure coming in and performing. He's getting paid. He's getting Ariza type money. He's gonna be expected to play 30+ if we don't get Bev back.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I don't buy that Ariza-money report AT ALL. I could be wrong obviously, but I don't think there's any way we go over the MLE. It seems like misdirection mixed with ongoing negotiations.

18. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

DMO+TJ +Kpap+Brwer+ 2 first rounds for LMA sign n' trade

19. Chamillionaire

Either Llull's gonna get too much or Ariza ain't getting enough. He needs to be shooting better though, he shot lights out (40%) last year with the Wiz from the arc. I wonder if that's due to Beal and Wall taking up so much attention. He shot 35% which is the same as his career avg last year. CLANK. CLANK. CLANK.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ciWlWUjj7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Mprice

Mprice Member

It would be wonderful to get CJ, out of the portland guys he's the one I really want won't have to trade the farm vs LA