1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kelvin Sampson discusses the Rockets' growth on offense, the Jeremy Lin-James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Geez guy. How about showing a bit more decency when criticizing.

Some posters are ruthless :eek:

2. kinein

kinein Member

Just to add on ur line of thought, Lin has always been a leader since he started playing basketball. His best asset is decision making.

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Ummmmmm ok....:rolleyes:

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Walsh Simpson strikes again

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

Dude, you have gone full r****d,

[​IMG]

6. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Perhaps, but obviously, looks like they do want Harden to have the ball most of the time, he talked about how is good Harden is at creating shots. I don't agree with this, but obviously they don't trust Lin much yet.

7. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I think as far as Sampson's concerned, Lin belongs in the D-League. That's why he trusts TD to handle the ball more than he does Lin when both are on the court with Harden.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

So is he a knock-knock joke?

9. slickster

slickster Member

It will be interesting to see how Lin reacts to his de facto demotion.

The league is full of big contracts and huge egos, so Lin's willingness to follow marching orders without question is very rare.

Ultimately, I see Lin's compliance working against him in a major way, and we're already seeing the effects of that.

But every player, every person has their limits. Where is Jeremy's?

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Also if they're not allowed Lin to run pick n roll and just threw it to Harden every single time, it only going to deteriate Lin's confident. No wonder he keeps missing shots. He needs encouragement and he needs to coach to let him be 50/50 along w/ Harden incorporate into the offense.

I am sure Harden are sick of getting the ball every single time. That's why he keep missing as well because there is just too much pressure for one man to do everything. They need to let Lin do his thing as well.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I really don't think Clutch intended to see you guys cry after every new thread, either.:rolleyes:

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

Sigh. Confirmed what I thought he would, he wants Harden to be the primary playmaker & Lin to spot up & shoot. I still think Lin needs the ball in his hands more than he has it right now. Even if it is just a little bit more.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think he's done fine considering the circumstances. He has made a few glaring error; most notably not playing Asik in the fourth enough last night but relatively he has been better than expected. Timely substitutions. Quick Timeouts. Good demeanor.

14. slickster

slickster Member

Common sense is lost on kelvin sampson, that's why.

15. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

16. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I wonder where are those LOHs now, they should come and join this thread pretty soon, eh?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who is the biggest joke on the Rockets? Apparently we have a team full of jokers. :p

Leslie Alexander
    Tad Brown
    Daryl Morey
    Sam Hinkie
    Gersson Rosas
    Kevin McHale
    Kelvin Sampson
    J.B. Bickerstaff
    Chris Finch
    Dean Cooper
    Cole Aldrich
    Omer Asik
    Daequan Cook
    Carlos Delfino
    Toney Douglas
    James Harden
    Terrence Jones
    Jeremy Lin
    Scott Machado
    Marcus Morris
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Chandler Parsons
    Patrick Patterson
    Greg Smith
    Royce White
    All of the above

18. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I think Lin's going to go along with it and suffer in silence. He's a team first guy so he's not going to go about creating issues in the locker room. Eventually, when Morey decides to trade him he'll tell the coaches to showcase Lin more.

It looks like this stint with the Rocket's is going to be a huge set back in his young career, but I think he has the resiliance to recover from it. He's had to deal with this kind of attitude from scouts and coaches his entire life.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Agree. And Harden needs less ball handling duties. When the ball is primarily in his hands, he tries to do too much which ends up in a TO. If both Lin and Harden switched roles they'd probably be a lot more comfortable and play better like we saw in the first two games.

20. loveofthegame44