1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keepers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jdjd

jdjd Member

Also, I don't think Ennis has played that bad, it seems a lot of people don't want him around, but he can create for himself and others and finish at the rim. Exactly what we were missing last season.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, i'm not a fan of Ennis, in fact i don't think he played well in preseason, but the guy is still 22, starting his third season in the NBA and it's not like he had a lot of time/chances to play in this league...he's probably going to turn out as a just mediocre bench player, but imo, it's still better to bet on a young guy like him (especially since the contest should be good for him) than on an old guy (and chucker?) with no upside like Brown, especially since we already have Prigioni which is just a better/smarter player overall...who expects Brown to be some sort of Jamaal Crawford for us (some posts pretty much suggested this to me last night) just because he scored 20 points in a garbage time game, is definitely wrong imo, but again, that's just me. I just see literally no reason or benefit in having Brown on this roster.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ennis is better than brown and we did give up beasley for him so might as well keep him. he's young and has potnetial for a decent backup pg

4. StrawberryJamm

Prigioni looks like he's faster and a better shooter than Tyler Ennis, that's a problem.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i mean, even if there's more chances than not that in a couple of years Ennis will still be a mediocre backup, what's the point to trade Beasley for him if two weeks later you cut him in favor of Brown which is basically another Beasley with no upside or value as an asset whatsoever?