1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Mayor Giuliani!!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Sep 15, 2001.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

It is of my opinion that the city of New YOrk pull an unprecedented move and keep Rudy Guiliani in office for the time being.

As many of you may(or may not) know, this is the last three months of the Mayor's eight years in office.

What he has done for this city(before the attacks) is amazing,
    and now he has stepped up and is in control of this huge situation that New York is now faced with.

As many of you also know, TUesday was the Primary Election day for the new mayor of New YOrk CIty.

My idea is we pull an Franklin Delano Roosevelt:

we declare a state of emergency and keep Rudy in charge of the cleanup/rehabilatation efforts. There is no way a new mayor can step up in this situation, and who would want to?

FOr the time being, RUdy is the man, and I trust him, and President BUsh and Governor Pataki to do what is right.

I just thought this idea will help NYC recover much quicker and more smoothly than making a dramatic shift in the middle of this madness.

110th

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

From what I've heard Rudy has been one of the better mayors New York has ever had.

I'm sure many wouldn't mind him sticking around a bit.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Sadly, I am not sure Rudy's health would allow him to continue on for many more months.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

both of you are right.
    RUdy had cancer removed from his prostate earlier this year.
    I first visited NYC in 1994(THE SUMMER WE HOUSTON FANS WILL NEVER FORGET), the first year of RUdy's administration.
    I have watched the city grow since then. I 've been in NY for three yearsnow, and I can see the difference this guy makes.

Crime is at an all-time low, tourism(before TUesday) was at an all time high. The streets are clean, the prostitutes and drug peddlers are gone, the subways and transit is being renovated.
    (and then theres the NYPD-another thread, another time)

Basically, the terrorists hit during the biggest facelift New YOrk has ever seen.

From this point on, we will look at New YOrk City and divide it into two categories:
    Before the Bomb and After The Bomb.
    Whoever is head honcho has their work cut out for them indeed.

God I hope A.B. will prove that NYC is still the greatest city in the world, at least I still believe so.

I have proudly been wearing my I LOVE NY shirt since Wednesday, and I plan to ride my bike down the East River tomorrow to see true AMERICAN PRIDE

your man on the (wounded)NY street

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

In addition to Mayor Rudy being great during this tragic event and its aftermaths, the people of the city have been great!

Overwhelming the blood centers, going on searches, etc...

We are united!

6. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I totally agree. Rudy is da man! He's taken charge of the situation and performed admirably.

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Just to clarify one point, this country did not make any changes in the law to allow FDR to be elected to a third (and a fourth) term. When George Washington decided not to run for a third term he said something to the effect of "Eight years is enough for one man to govern". This set a precedent that all presidents followed until FDR, who campaigned under the slogan "Don't change ships in the middle of the river" (something like that). He was refering to bringing the country out of the depression, and that the job was not finished yet. It wasn't till he was elected to that third term that congress began the push that led to the 22nd Amendment.