1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Kubiak/fire Marciano/draft defense heavy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Nov 4, 2013.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Last thing we need to do is spend a #1 pick on a 3rd WR. Need an OT or legit pass rusher to team with Watt.

2. mems1224

mems1224 New Member

It boggles my mind how Marciano still has a job. Our special teams have been awful for years. I also have no idea how Bullock still has a job. Any bum off the street can do better at this point.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

1) has a big leg and you want to find out if this is just mental.
    2) he is helping us tank

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Can't say it was the defense alone. The defense sadly they may be mentally weak since again after a strong start they let outside influences cause them to commit costly penalties that allowed a good QB to beat them while the offense and special teams stalled in the second half.

A lot of reasons, blame and excuses to go around for that but when we look back at this season, I don't think anyone should lay blame on the defense alone in all but one of these loses as they did enough that a little help from one of the other two phases of the team would have won the team the game.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Huh? they had a lead against seattle and the defense allowed a 99 yard drive that ended in a TD.
    against the colts, they had the lead, and they couldnt do anything.
    against KC, the texans just scored a TD to go up 10-7 and then they allow a 97 yard drive.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's possible the Phillips 3-4 is showing its age just like the offense is. As we know Wade's teams have shown a trend to get figured out, but maybe it's part of a bigger problem where older systems aren't able to keep up with the league's evolving offenses. Generating pocket pressure is still paramount, but having to commit 5 players to do so leaves matchup problems downfield.

We've seen how those problems are only made worse when your secondary is showing its age, not just here but in Pittsburgh. I think Seattle's begun the process by creating the new prototypical defensive back, and none of those guys were high picks except Earl Thomas.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Lol how long do you think andre will be andre?

Last thing we need is an OT when one can be found later in the draft. I agree with the pass rusher, but i think watkins and lee are a greater talent than any pass rusher coming out

8. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

I'm guessing this isn't real? I've only seen this on Facebook and on threads. No real news report on it. So if this is just a rumor, shame on whoever started it. And if its real, this guy needs some serious help fast. And prolly shouldn't kick another ball if the pressure is getting to him that much.

But I'm almost positive this is fake, I just can't believe someone would joke about this.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Because accountability doesn't exist at Reliant Stadium. Never has, and probably never will until the Texans get a new owner.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This joke is done all the time when a kicker misses a big kick or keeps missing kicks like Randy.

I remember hearing a different variation of it after Game 7 of the 1994 Finals...about Starks trying to shoot himself, but missing.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL...

12. conquistador#11

you're set at qb with case. once teams start to adjust a little, he will then learn to use his safety blankets. he is a smart kid. amazing how much of the offense he has picked up in one season.

'born to do this' will retire.
    I'd hate to cut owens since he has been one of my favorite most underrated TEs, but you just have to for the future. You also cut manning and don't resign ninja. ugh, that sucks ninja is one of the main reasons we get pressure when we do get pressure.

This should give you enough money to sign alterraun verner from Tenn even with the cap hit we're going to take for releasing schaub. chandler parsons can recruit him.

Draft MLB,OlB,END,FS, LT , the no. 1 pick will pan out, but let's pray for the 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder.

we can worry about receiver after next season.

oh and a new kicker

13. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

Obviously it's a joke, my comment was more meant to be a shame on you for whoever originally posted this. That's not something you joke about.

1 person likes this.
  14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

keenum will be the future qb of this franchise...no need to draft a qb...need to draft a cornerback...joseph is trash...also, keenum is better served with a new coach and system..kubes will be gone after this season. marciano is retiring for sure.