1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Kubiak/fire Marciano/draft defense heavy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tmacfor35, Nov 4, 2013.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Get off your knees lol.

You don't know that Schaub never gets replaced. Injuries occurred to our team and they struggled at the end of the season(they also played a tougher schedule, Indy2x/New England). You don't replace a 2x probowl qb at the beginning of a season for a qb who spent last year on the practice squad. We're you at the practices? Nope. Did you play qb the nfl? Nope. Are you regarded as a Nfl qb guru? No buddy Madden doesn't count. I think Kubiak is more credible at determining the best option at qb.

Back to the kiddie pool? Don't make me go Incognito on your dumbass. You really think Keenum should have been the starter at the beginning of the year? I'm glad you weren't aren't running a squad.

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

thank god you don't make decisions for the texans.

kubiak is as good as gone. hopefully rick smith too.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i don't want clowney.

give me marquise lee or sammy watkins over that fool any day

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

statements like that make me question whether you watch all of the games..... :confused:

5. tmacfor35

So you want a new regime for Keenum? When it's apparent that Keenum has improved under Kubiak.

Bob will stick with Kubiak. Smiths the problem.

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

uh ya, kubiak has to go.

the man is not an adequate nfl HC. he is a "day late, a buck short" on everything he does. i do not care if the "players love him", that is irrelevant.

gary kubiak and rick smith must go. both of them are in way over their heads. not to mention the salary cap hell they got us into.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

newsflash: kubiak hired smith. kubiak also brought in schaub. and frank bush. and has kept marciano. and on and on and on.

it's almost as though you have no idea that gary is invloved in practically every personnel decision in the organization.

8. tmacfor35

Schaub was a really good qb before he got hurt. This team was winning the afc with Schaub in 2011.

Something happened to Schaub last season and the once good quarterback is gone. I'm assuming you know little about the little parts of the game. This team respects it's coach and plays hard for them. You lack the attention to detail to focus more on player accountability which is the problem. Is it Kubes fault that this team throws pick 6's? No, that's Matt Schaubs fault. What about getting off the field on third down? That would be the defense. They say some of the best coaches (madden,Parcells,Lombardi) were great motivators than X and O guys. Marciano was a plus on our team until recently. What changed?

You realize the players are playing right? Keenum has the same playbook as Schaub, yet our offense is much better with Case at helm. That's on Kubiak? Please leave this Thread. Your opinion lacks the knowledge capable of sustaining something credible. Between yourself and Major complaining that Keenum should have started the season over a 2x probowler/ top 10 qb before he **** the bed told me everything I need to know.

9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

I understand all that. I said I won't be upset if Kubiak is let go but I don't doubt that he is more than capable of winning moving forward in the NFL. You don't agree with me but that is my observation through watching my share of football. He has his faults but he also has his strengths. The fact that the Texans are moving the ball in large chunks with an undrafted QB is more than enough evidence of his ability to call a game plan which gives his starting QB a chance to succeed. Hell look what he did with Matt Schaub all these years before now. Schaub has led the league in passing yards. Unfortunately, he cast his line with Schaub for too long and it’s going to be his demise because most fans lost patience years ago.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Harbaugh had a decline in talent this season..... and they still beat the Texans.

I agree with you, an NFL head coach requires a wider variety of skills than any other sport coach and has to be able to prepare and judge character at a very high level. It is a very, very, very difficult job. This isn't the NBA where you are dealing with 15 personalities and only about 8 of them matter. Having said that, eventually you have to win.

Is he a bad head coach? No, and would be a good one 25 years ago. However, he is mediocre. He leads by example, is consistent, knows football and runs a clean team. However, he is stubborn, not terribly inspiring, does not allow his players to grow and is not a coach for a team trying to win a SB.

He had two shots at the Pats last year and didn't come close to figuring it out. In fact we were so poorly prepared it was depressing. The entire staff is just not that bright.

There is some truth to this point, although it is not an excuse. Look at the elite teams, even last year, and how many times did we have a coaching advantage?

The problem goes above Kubiak....

11. Nook

Nook Member

The same thing happened last year, especially against New England.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

This.

Our dline was almost not set on the colts first possession of the game!!!

13. thejav

thejav Member

Think anyone has given kevin summlin a call yet?

14. MystikArkitect

Hire Lovie, hire Kyle Shanahan (or another bright young offensive mind) as O.C., cut the Reeds, Schaub, Joseph, Bullock. Trade back in the draft for another 2nd rounder, draft RT (round 1), ILB (rd 2) then best available QB (rd 2)(Mettenberger, Boyd, McCarron) here and have him compete with Keenum for the starting spot. Use the money we have to get the best free agent corner available opposite Kareem. Re-sign Lechler.

11-5 here we come.

15. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

No thank you on Kyle Shanahan. Totally don't understand the love affair with this guy. He was horrible in Washington prior to RG3. You think Kubiak is over his head can you imagine this kid as the HC. LOL

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol lovie smith????

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

We need a hard nose guy that is respected by the players.I still think Jack Del Rio is the guy for the job.

18. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

ROLMAO

19. tmacfor35

Just smh.....

20. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Only good that can come out of hiring JDR is that he'll bring a tree stump for players to hack at with an axe....Maybe just maybe fat randy takes a swing and hits his leg:grin: