1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Calm & Carry On. The Rockets don't need a PG upgrade right now...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hooroo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. carib

carib Member

If Bev gets injured
    (which has happened a lot recently) we struggle at the PG position. Teams also know to double Harden in the fourth because the Rockets have no other shot creator.

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

James Harden is one of the best players in the NBA bar none, but you cannot get around the fact that he does not value possessions especially during some crucial times. Don't know is its because of fatigue in having to do it all or is it because he has no one else to pick up the play making slack.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Forget the Spurs. I'm actually more concerned about the Grizzlies. They got better this offseason. And for all the talk about the Rockets injuries(which were significant), Memphis had their share of missed games. Randolph, Conley, and Allen all were out a while which was a big reason they finished with 55 wins. The Rockets' margin for error this season is almost zero.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If that's how you see it then that's fine, I just don't buy it.

I think he absolutely values possessions, even more so in crucial times. I think he turns it over from time to time because well that's just what happens from time to time. Fatigue could play a part, as it does for every player. Having to do it all plays a part because well the more you are asked to handle the ball the more you will inevitably turn it over, just like with 95% of the high usage guys in the league.

My point is it seems some of y'all are making this out to be a flaw in Harden when in reality this is a byproduct of being THE guy with the ball all the time, no matter who you are.

5. basketballholic

If the Griz are healthy in 2015-16 they're gonna be a load to deal with. Most definitely top 4 in the West and capable of coming out of the West.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It'll be a dog fight for the top 4 teams in the West.

GSW - Loaded and just had a record breaking season. Didn't have to do much.
    SAS - Reloaded with LMA
    OKC - A healthy KD + WB plus talent in Kanter
    Rockets - ??
    Memphis - Made marginal improvements.
    NOP - Growth of Davis
    Clippers - Still have CP 3 and Blake, but a step back with the loss of DJ
    Dallas - Lateral moves

Those are my 8 teams coming out West

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Agreed. If Conley, Allen, and Udrih were healthy in the playoffs, I think they would've beaten Golden State.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I think its a combination of fatigue and to much put on his shoulders. You want the ball in his hands when the game is on the line and when he's halfway fresh. I remember when the season ended I believe one of the rockets staff said Harden needs to value possessions a bit more than he currently does after his playoff record breaking turnover number. Harden was superman all season and the real MVP IMO.