1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KBR Pre-Employment Drug Screening

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by David Stern, Oct 26, 2011.

1. David Stern

David Stern Member

So just recently received an offer from KBR and I’ve accepted. I’m going to take a drug test next week and i'm curious if any clutchfans that work at KBR could share with me what type of analysis they conduct? I’m cool with urine or even blood (though I hate needles) but I would rather not have them take a chunk of hair out of my head.

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I guess that means no NBA season dictator Stern.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

KBR does a body hair test that goes back one year.

4. David Stern

David Stern Member

Body hair test? LOL that's going to be a problem cause David Stern likes to keep his body cleanly shaved for the ladies;)

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Don't worry Commish, I'm sure you will pass the drug test with the adderall shortage and all.

6. ontherox21

ontherox21 Member

KingCheetah is correct. I work at the Jefferson office and they made me take a hair sample. Don't know how far back it goes, but it is what it is....good luck.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I started a Walgreens job right after school then got a gig with an Enron subsidiary two weeks later and went to same Quest Diagnostics clinic in Clear Lake for both. I doubt the testing methods are specific to the hiring company as opposed to whatever contracted service they use. I don't think I've ever done anything other than a urine test.

8. aghast

aghast Member

Dude, not to rain on your THC will-they-or-won't-they pull my arm hair parade, but, seriously, ---- KBR.

KBR Requests That Losing Rape Claimant Pay Company’s Legal Fees

Kellogg Brown Root sued their former employee for years of court costs, after she'd been raped and imprisoned by other KBR employees while working for them in Iraq. No one ever questioned that she was raped, but KBR went after her anyway. As a condition of employment, she'd also initially had to sign away her right to sue in a court of law; you know, before she was gang-raped, held against her will, and kinda sorta had reason to hold a grudge.

This is in addition to repeatedly electrocuting US soldiers in Iraq due to willfull negligence, cutting corners in construction projects adjacent to shower facilities.

Not to mention the billions in price gouging/war profiteering.

KBR, as a corporation, is just about the lowest scum on earth.

You might want to take the next highest offer.

9. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

boring. become an air traffic controller like myself

#9 BrieflySpeaking, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I've heard from several friends who either had internships at KBR, had fathers who worked there, or had full-time jobs there that talk about how horrible of a company it is to work for. It sounds like they have a very high turnover rate and mistreat their employees a lot. They were all engineers though in Houston if that makes a difference...

11. David Stern

David Stern Member

I don’t believe KBR contracts out this service. They administer the test out of their downtown office.

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

Dang. I was hoping this was not the case.

1 person likes this.
  13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I think legally they can only take a hair sample back 90 days. But yeah, most Oil and Gas companies do hair tests.

14. DaDream

DaDream Member

It depends how long your hair is. 1/2" of hair equal one month of life.
    I had to have hair from my head and armpits taken when I was going thru nasty divorce costudy battles.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]