1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard to Lakers done?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jul 1, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why he delay decision?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

What are your sources telling you @BigBum?

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

The longer this takes the more likely it has to do with background fenagling to fill out lakers roster optimally.

What is gained for toronto if he waits?
    What is gained for clips if he waits?
    What is gained for lakers if he waits?

When you ask yourself those 3 questions it seems like the answer is the lakers.

Lakers have the most backend shuffling to do if get kwahi. Holding up league and everyone benefits lakers the most.

I hate the lakers machine but i think its a lock. I thought for sure it would have been the clips.

:(

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02, ghettocheeze and J.R. like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Edit. Double post. Sorry.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What if it's the fourth question that you didn't ask?

What is gained for Leonard if he waits?

He gets more and more days being the center of the sports news cycle. Supposedly he wanted to leave San Antonio because he didn't believe he got the recognition he deserved there. Well, he might just be enjoying all of this recognition. He's currently the biggest story in the NBA and has been since the Raptors won the Finals. He may just not want that to end. I think that he's an attention slut is a totally plausible explanation.

IBTL likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn him, ****ing w****...

IBTL likes this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This logic actually makes no sense. He is still in Toronto and if his goal was to hurt the Lakers in FA I cannot imagine anyone doing a better job while almost everyone else has signed. This doesn’t mean he is signing with Toronto but if he was going to the Lakers why is he still there? I am not even talking about the teams.

Right now the Raptors have a title and the Lakers have a fading star, a great player, decent player and two scrubs with 10 more roster spots to fill. Kawhi has virtually made Sauces Broussard’s tweet a complete work of fiction. After Korver, Rondo, Caldwell-Pope sign who else are they getting? JMGreen going back to Clippers.

Kawhi would have brought Green to add two starters for a full starting 5. Him not coming decimates the Lakers. Kawhi is smart. He didn’t want to join a decimated team which is why he didn’t choose the Clippers and why he wouldn’t have waited to join the Lakers. A lot of FAs signed this week while he waited.

This may not age well but I have a hunch If this goes the way I think it does I think he trolled the Lakers. I think their turmoil disgusted him and he knew he could never be #1 there. Why would you meet with Magic Johnson who is no longer employed by the Lakers and ask the questions he did? I think before LBJ he did want to go to the Lakers and I think from early talks with the Spurs the Lakers showed the same arrogance that they did with PG13. Kawhi knew things from Pops side but wanted the details from the other side. I think Kawhi would have preferred to play with PG13. They more introverted different cats to a LBJ.

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

My main source... Lavar Ball said, "The Lakers will never win a championship without Lonzo."

Therefore, no Kawhi.

I am a true believer in the religion of speak-it-into-existence.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Your vote is that he is trolling the lakers? Lol i guess..
    Him waiting to me seems to benefit lakers most. Not sure how him trolling is most likely answer. Bbs life

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Try your logic out and tell me it makes sense. Raptors have their full roster right now. Lakers have to execute Davis trade at 11am tomorrow (maybe a little later) and lose about $5M in cap if Kawhi is not signed before trade is executed. Time is not on the Lakers side. What would have happened if Kawhi chose the Lakers last Sunday night and they knew it. Who would have signed with that team? That should give you your answer.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ok but your logic is he is trolling the lakers?
    So i think he will go to lakers, you are saying toronto? One of gets to be right? Woo hoo

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am thinking that he is waiting for clippers to make a star trade.
    Someone like Paul George, but clippers don’t have one good asset.
    Asset can’t be added.

jsingles, malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No my logic was what the Lakers have lost while Kawhi waited. Your logic was waiting was in the Lakers best interest.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Cool i think kawhi will go to lakers. If its hurting lakers i must be wrong ..correct?

Put your name on it

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Danny Green is likely not to sign with Toronto, he has his eyes set on the Lakers, maybe the Mavs.....

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why did Lakers give up so much assets for Davis a few months ago, but not kawhi?
    Can magic Johnson explain?

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member