1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard to Lakers done?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jul 1, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Apparently Kawhi to Toronto on a two year deal is the best way to get the full supermax, like 5 years $250m.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Chris Broussard right now:

"I'm hearing... no.... I'm being told... by the voices... inside my head...

Kawhi is going back to the Raptors because you see he grew up a huge fan of... Jordan ... Iverson ... Kobe ... LeBron ... Muggsy Bogues!"

#282 ghettocheeze, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Same here. I’ve been rooting for Toronto to keep him all along. Originally simply because it would have been so cold for the guy to turn his back on a team he’d just won a championship with, becoming a hero for an entire country. Now? I want LA to suffer. I want the media that spent so much time and energy pushing for him to choose the Lakers to be humiliated, not that they will own up to it.

Hope it’s true.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Clippers should trade for Beal i guess...

6. Handles

Handles Member

I see huge potential for me to flip flop here.

If Kawhi stays with raptors I will love him for helping to balance the league.

If Kawhi goes lakers I’ll be almost as upset as when KD pulled his wuss move. It’s not as bad as KD but it still creates an unbalanced team.

BUT, if Kawhi goes lakers and we somehow knock them out of the playoffs, I’ll go back to loving Kawhi for the high that would give me.

Nelly and arabrocket like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Raps in 4th of July

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

it never fails when this guy thinks he has something and all the other wannabe sauces

[​IMG]

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'll instantly give Kawhi a pass for what he pulled with the Spurs if he doesn't go to the Lakers, my respect for him as a person will rise a lot.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What did Drake offer to Kawhi in his separate meetings?

BamBam likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Royalties, women and a promise to stop putting on that fake voice.

12. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Its so obvious its the Raptors, pretty much case closed! Glad hes not heading west !! Sucks for the lakers lmao

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Clippers are trying to get Kevin love today.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

stop regurgitating news you see on other places and pretending you have inside stuff.

It was literally done with the caveat as pure speculation by Zach Lowe.

mario_v and J.R. like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

BigBum > AyreAbraham > Broussard

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

This is dangerous to say but I'm starting to get my arms around what Kawhi is looking at. One important piece of information from the last week is that before Kevin Durant committed to the Nets, Kawhi talked to him about teaming up this summer. That place only could have been on the Clippers. I guess in theory the Raptors could have traded a bunch of people but I don't think Durant would have gone there.

What he wants from the Clippers is them possibly finding another star to play with him. The Clippers can do that. They have assets but who is that star? I don't know. Bradley Beal, the Wizards been slamming the door shut on offers. He knows what the Lakers are. He knows what the Clippers have but aren't sure what they are. Then he has his tremendous fallback which is the Raptors. That's the way it's lining up. Raptors can bring their whole team back. They still have Danny Green's bird rights. If he signs a one-year contract, their entire team would be on a one-year contract & allow Clippers/Lakers to get on their feet and better idea of where they'd be in a year. I don't know what he'll do but can see how he might be working here.

My ears will be to the ground to see if the Clippers will start canvasing the league for stars. I haven't heard that yet but wonder if that's an option for them.

This could be a box to check off on his process & can get right back on the plane and be right back in LA in a couple of hours & we'd still be guessing. Don't think you should take the fact he went to Toronto to meet as anything but I do think it's a good sign for the Raptors.

(Lakers signing Dudley; is LeBron making decisions?) My understanding is Dudley had an offer from the Pistons. Pistons moved on today & signed Markieff Morris. He wanted to play for the Lakers & had trouble getting the Lakers to commit. He reached out to LeBron to help move that commitment forward. It's not black/white with LeBron & personnel. He doesn't decide on all of them. If you're trying to get LeBron's team to commit to you, speaking to LeBron is a way to help move that process along.

Zach Lowe:

(Clippers getting 2nd star) A little late in the game for that. Miami grabbed Butler. Beal comes to mind. There really aren't guys right now, let's go get them & they'll move the needle.

Pure speculation, not reporting: Seems inevitable Kevin Love will get traded from Cleveland. Maybe that's a place the Clippers last minute scrambling look.

pippendagimp and Vivi like this.
  18. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

His bad on clippers and another player he waited around, butler probably would’ve went

Great for the nba anyway

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure Love is what Kawhi wants to pick the Clippers tbh...he just doesn't sounds like a great player anymore. And i agree with Zach, seems a bit late for this kind of option, i mean, didn't the Clippers know/realize this early? I just can't believe West thought Kawhi could've been fine with just playing with Pat, Shai, Gallo and Trez. And at this point Beal is the only great player that should be available, but he probably isn't cause you know, the Wizards are the Wizards.

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

if Kawhi is waiting a year to see what is going on with the Lakers, then he will never join them.
    It's a guarantee that they will be a media circus and if the team isn't winning they will point fingers.
    No way after watching that he would want to join them.

luckyman76 and clutchdabear like this.