1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

As opposed to the numerous people throwing Harden under the bus time and time again? Any time a superstar does something good, we’ll have several trash posts on here taking cheap shots at Harden.

so many of these anti-Harden posts sounding like we’re in a FB or YouTube comments section

mikol13, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

we know this board is full of trash posters. they all come out at different opportune times and in packs.

it was much better when it wasn't flooded with a bunch of i told you so's and wannabe gm's

HP3 likes this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

amaru likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

They will come around. It took me a few years to finally appreciate him. Like his value should be unquestioned especially after this year.

It’s just hard for fans to understand him cuz nothing he does really makes sense. He’s not the fastest guy, he’s not the best shooter, he doesn’t jump the highest. You watch other stars play and think wow those guys look like basketball players etc. but when it comes down to it Harden just produces wins especially in regular season and you just can’t explain it.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Hahaha oh wow.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Winning bias on high right now.

don grahamleone and amaru like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

CP3 isn’t himself because of age and injury. He handled the ball significantly less than James but only had 5 fewer turnovers. Paul passed up numerous open shots, disrupting the offense. Paul threw bad desperation passes to teammates on multiple occasions Paul can’t separate and D’Antoni refuses to run plays for him. Chris is just done as an impact guy. That last hamstring injury has sent him off the proverbial cliff.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't agree with Lou Williams at all. Lou couldn't share the floor with Eric Gordon, they both played crappy when they came off the bench, it really had nothing to do with Harden at all

Mr. Space City and amaru like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

nvm

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

Harden last year going with the hot hand.

Except the hot hand wasn’t available in game 6 and 7 last year in the WCF and was a cold hand this year.

HardenUsedSTEPBACK, Reeko and HP3 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

done as an impact guy? certainly didn't look like it in houston's final game he won't be the great cp3 we saw a year ago who took over against GS, but he's still good in his own right.

HardenUsedSTEPBACK and HP3 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

these trash posters will attack Harden every day making dumbass threads like this one, but when 1 of the superstars they put on a pedestal has a bad game and does the same stuff they attack Harden on, they won’t keep that same energy

KD goes down in game 5

immediate post from some random trash poster: I guess Kawhi should start pouting like Harden and just stay at midcourt

Like wtf? It’s like they want to see other players do well primarily so they can have more ammo for their garbage ass posts.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

One petty good game out of 11. That sounds like a guy that’s pretty much done. He’ll have flashes but he can’t get us over the hump without more talented teammates and a better coach. We likely get neither in the off season.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Look Im not a fan of saying our players are trash they are certainly not. Tucker and EG are players i loved ot have on this team as well as Clint and CP of course. But I think you could make a case we could have beaten Toronto had we been in the finals. BUT I will say, out of all the teams of TOR, Rockets, GS, Philadelphia, and the Bucks, where are we talent wise in terms of rankings.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and that's also a big part of the problem. some of yall exaggerate cp3's play. teammates absolutely need to play better. especially a guy like capela who gave houston next to nothing the entire gs series. and the bench is ever so important. rivers and shumpert being your only bench guys is pretty alarming in itself

HardenUsedSTEPBACK and amaru like this.
  16. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

I admit I was a Harden hater myself his first few years on the team lol. I believed all the bs narrative that I read and heard from the talking heads. But after watching him develop as a Rocket, seeing how he's improved year after year, being completely loyal to our organization, putting himself into MVP conversations and making us relevant again, I don't see how anyone who's been following his Rockets can continue to hate him. He has his faults sure, but so does everyone. They're only human. Honestly, I felt and saw the same thing happen to LeBron.

I've had this thought for awhile and thought it was quite accurate when Bullard kept calling James the Anomaly. People have always hated on people who are different, it's called prejudice. Everything he does is contradictory to what we're accustomed to. From his physical attributes (left handed, dad bod, great deceleration) to his playstyle (iso, 3s and frees, stepbacks), not to mention his beard and fauxhawk.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea I think Kawhi has a better supporting cast around him than Harden that just beat an injury plagued Warriors team. It's been proven

18. amaru

amaru Member

Oh I agree. Capel played like absolute ass and our bench is anemic. D’Antoni got spanked as well. Why he didnt called for a CP3/whoever PnR idk. Why Faried didn’t get off the pine for any real minutes idk.

But we are capped out with no real assets outside of Harden. CP3 can’t be good enough consistently to be a #2 guy. Capela would be washing Draymond’s underwear if they were in prison and Mike refuses to coach, hoping James will bail him out.

Our future is pretty bleak. I’m just waiting for Harden’s trade request.

19. Mr. Space City

weird thing is the rockets are still probably top 5 talent wise. It’s just the talent doesn’t play well against the specific team we need it to play well against, or even be available.

Like Clint. He’s a good center against 90% of the teams in the league. He’s just really poor against the warriors.

These past 2 years we’ve won in 5 against every team we’ve gone against until the warriors.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would you be waiting for that. he asked for pretty much asked for all of this

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.