1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’re fine, I meant everybody on this board. Harden busted his arse for this team all season and averaged 35 points a game in the playoffs. He has the same fate as other great players on bad teams (like Durant did before joining the Warriors).

snowconeman22 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Durant went out and Andre Iguana hit five threes -- something he hadn't done in five years. They were on the wrong end of two statistical outliers two years in a row. It has nothing to do with Harden vs. Kawhi. You can win it all with either player as your #1 option.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Falling back on “spurs are first class and couldn’t possibly screw this up” and trying to throw out an insult (maybe?) like “Kawhi is your hero” doesn’t change reality.

Fortunately I’m an intelligent adult capable of keeping an open mind, reading the facts, understanding nuance... and realizing even if Kawhi wasn’t the utmost professional, he didn’t just fake an injury to get out and that the Spurs indeed did **** it up.

But you do you.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Pascal and van fleet got better. Ibakas playing like a younger ibaka again

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

At the end of the day
    Kawhi > Harden, but more importantly
    Masai>>>>>>Morey.

Same time last year we were the "best team in basketball". Raptors were the joke of the league getting swept by Lebron once again.

Now look at the two teams, Morey got us Melo, MCW, Knight, James Penis while losing Ariza. Meanwhile They got Kawhi, Danny Green and Marc Gasol while retaining Siakim, FVV, Ibaka, Powell and OG

TheRealist137 and cheke64 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh lol, you mean the Durantless Warriors, the hobbled Klay and Looney Warriors. The Warriors who are playing Demarcus Cousins(who has now shown to be a defensive huge liability without any offense). You mean those Warriors? Cmon now.

Kawhi could never hope to have the offensive impact Harden does

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Choking leads in the second half at home for a championship is EXACTLY how we want to position ourselves every single year.

8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Harden doesn't have what it takes in the playoffs when the lights are brightest and the pressure is on you. It's not just the Warriors (Durant or no Durant)

Just go back a few seasons, Game 6 at home where Rockets are favored against arch rivals Spurs without Kawhi and Tony Parker.

Harden froze and choked when the going got tough. Rockets ended up being blown out.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Oh you mean those Durantless Warriors that the mighty Rockets are 0-2 against? Wow, must be such a easy task dismantling that Durantless team for a easy championship. Oh Cousins, must be easy to stop that guy, or is that the same guy that took dump on us the last game of the Regular season.

Oh Kawhi, the guy who is averageing 31-9 - 4 on .63 TS, .50 FG and .39 3FG on a verge of a championship can't possible have the same offensive impact as the mighty Harden. :rolleyes:

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Harden’s mental lapses in the playoffs is a thing. He had some bizarre first halves in the Jazz series this year that had me scratching my head. Like he was just mentally checked out.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yep and this Warriors team is wounded Kawhi/the raptors are playing...depleted

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He did quit on his team. He sat out a whole season.

PhiSlamma15 and Patience like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He has bad anxiety in those moments, it’s pretty telling with the stupid turnovers

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Y’all do realize it’s possible for Kawhi to have more support now, but to also be a better playoff performer?

I don’t know if we win with Kawhi instead of Harden, but I highly doubt I’d be questioning Kawhi’s effort three postseasons in a row.

15. RCPM

RCPM Member

Really? So he averaged 3500 points a game? Wow! He IS amazing!

Patience and Mr. Clutch like this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You shouldn't be questioning hardens effort this last postseason .

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhhh, first of all it was 1.25 games. Second of all, yea the same one the Raptors lost to in game 2, yea those Warriors. LOL, also its even worse cause Klay was killing them that, game he AND Looney go out and they still lost that one. Not to mention they had prep time to face the Warriors without Durant. Oh yea man this Cousins who JUST CAME BACK from an injury in the first round, THAT Cousins, not to mention you are talking about a regular season game bro. Whole bunch of disingenuous arguments right here.

Hes got a very nice stat line for sure, great player. Harden average a similar statline(actually 3 more points per game on lower efficiency and better offensive impact imo but whatever lol).He also plays awesome D, but again they are not playing the close to the version we faced, just saying. Also, whats the deal with you saying might Harden sarcastically, are you kidding me? He had a pretty great year, dominant regular season and pretty good post season, like...what. Unless not a Rockets fan i dont get the shade.

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Kawhi's been great, and I won't take exception to anyone wanting to argue he's better than Harden. They are both great players. You can also micro-analyze every crunch time possession to try to argue Kawhi's more clutch.

However, the main reasons the Raptors are beating the Warriors are:

(1) The Warriors are beat up. Durant is out the whole series, Klay missed a game, and is still gimpy. Looney is at 50%.

(2) the Raptors are big. They have a lot of big, athletic guys who can rebound, pass, score, and defend.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If harden moved, pushed the pace, and controlled turnovers then he could be better than kawhi.

But the harden only fans tell me this is impossible

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah i left them because they are theirs Manimals and Riverses and Shumperts. Before start of the season would you take Raptors depth instead of ours? exactly

Yeah they would miss games but we did miss Harden once this year and we played pretty good.

As to other things... they wouldnt be unbeatable but i still think Rockets would get better with this simple swap and Raptors would get back to predictable offense and failing short just like DeRozan days