1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kathy Griffin Video (Warning: Graphic)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 30, 2017.

1. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Jesus! That's literally all I've been thinking about while reading through this thread...sad!

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, that's horrible. But you shouldn't let the lack of an appropriate response from the Left disturb you more.

We've given up expecting conservatives to call Trump out for the 100s of horrible things he's said. You'll get used to it when we do the same.

3. dandorotik

Let's be completely honest. The large majority of us on this board do not give one **** about what posters say with whom they differ politically. We have no interest at all in understanding their side, and they have no interest in understanding ours. We post and make points here to try to prove we're right. Even when we feign discussion, we really don't want to consider the other side. What most of us truly want is to try to convince as many people as we can that we are right. It's debate club. D&D should stand for Debate & Denounce.

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

5. dandorotik

Look at what I did. I was shocked that no one called out a politician for an act of physical violence, so I satirically wished it on someone and got called out by both liberals and conservatives on it. And they were right, and I apologized to them (before I would consider apologizing to the poster I directed my comment towards, I would need an apology for the 100s of times he's insulted individuals without provocation).

So, here goes.

1. I hope President Trump does well for the sake of our country. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

2. Thank you, conservative posters, for your viewpoints. They are valued even when I don't want to hear what you say.

3. Give peace a chance.

4. Go Astros, Texans, Dynamo, and Rockets.

Actually, that's not it. It doesn't matter how much I disagree with what BigTexxx says, there is no place to even kid about physical violence. That is beneath the level of discourse which we should have on this board. So, to BigTexxx, I truly apologize for my words. No matter what, there is no place for that on this board. You were right- I should be better than that, and you did deserve an apology. Even when we make fun of each other, that does not excuse me insinuating that violence is OK- it's not funny in any way. I hope you accept my apology and we move past this. Thank you.

(and no, I'm not drunk- wrong is wrong, period- I expect better of myself).

#45 dandorotik, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you just did something neither bigtexxx nor trump could ever do. show some class

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoy the occasional BBob post.
    Dobro makes sense sometimes but just types way too much.
    Your post about flipping to the right seemed ok on the surface but that would be a disaster.
    Lou and sirbaihu are just too grumpy.
    NRF just enjoys his Soros money but hopefully he will see the light.
    DD has some decent posts in other forums.

Overall I disagree with a lot but seeing a different perspective seems necessary and yields the occasional chuckle.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Have you ever been a part of a debate in the D&D that revolves around nuanced policy discussion? Is this the only thing that matters to you? Celeb poo flinging?

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Dang, you mean I could make money doing this?

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Soros wouldn't hire Astrodome because he thinks that paid shills in a basketball forum accomplish something. Incompetent... SAD.

11. NewRoxFan

The governor of Texas threatens to shoot reporters and conservatives laugh it off as a joke. An unfunny offensive D-list comedienne posts an offensive youtube video and conservatives scream and holler about liberals.

JayGoogle and justtxyank like this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Chowd. Next time I will same something nice about you so you don't feel left out.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

GWAR did it better.

Nook and mtbrays like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Don't you just hate when someone (jokingly or not) suggests violence against a political opponent:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-clinton-shoot_us_57aa2f6de4b0ba7ed23dd652

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-second-amendment/

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. dandorotik

Different perspectives are always good. I wouldn't even know how to put someone on Ignore.

BTW, I have every reason to be conservative. I make very good money, I live in a nice area in The Woodlands, both of my kids graduated from college (with honors), and I grew up in a rather wealthy household as my dad was a VP of Operations with Texaco. I am married to a woman, I am white, and I am a Catholic. For years, all my friends were white and Catholic. Our neighborhoods in upstate New York, North Houston, and Lubbock were mostly white. I am the poster boy for someone who should, by every measure, be a staunch conservative.

It's when the other things happen. Like when your 2 best friends are from Iran. And 3 of your managers in restaurants where you worked to put yourself through college were gay. And 25% of your students were black when you were a teacher in Houston. And most of the staff at the restaurants where you worked were Hispanic. Then, your perspective changes.

But many conservative and liberal principles are both great. Shame we often can't see the common things we share vs. the polarizing differences.

Nook likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

we're suppose to assume that Trump bleeds? Yeah. O.k
    We all know it's a circuit board under that skin, assembled in the motherland circa 1921, four years after the revolution.
    It's in bad taste because I don't like decapitated heads but it's a bad comedian grabbing attention. If this offends you then a politician taking an uzi to a reporter should give you the same feels. God her voice is so annoying. (kathy's)

18. NewRoxFan

Easy way... click on their name, button the right that says "Ignore". You can also go to your own profile, click on "People you ignore" and there is a box below that allows you to add names. If will even recognize and fill in the correct spelling to make it easier.

Just in case you ever decide you'd like to use the Ignore feature. It is one of the better programmed ones (kudos to Clutch and team). At one point I was using it a lot (all of the Jeremy Lin posts, both pro and con... :D).

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

She's disgusting and unfunny, the ad was disgusting and unfunny, good for the ad agency that dropped her and shame on CNN if they don't fire her.

20. NewRoxFan

Agree with all points. Just as it was right for companies to not work with O'reilly and Hannity, same is true for her.