1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kathy Griffin Video (Warning: Graphic)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 30, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Because you want us to condemn it if it's against Trump, but say nothing if Obama is targeted. Nice try.

edwardc likes this.
  2. dandorotik

Because the OP made this point in his thread:

"Imagine if any critic of President Obama had done this. What would the reaction be?"

This wasn't just, "Look at what she did!" This was "Look at what she did! If it were Obama....."

So, when that is brought into the topic, we respond to it.

3. TheresTheDagger

You still haven't answered the question...

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes I do. A person in actual power threatening to shoot someone is worse.

Who gives a crap what Andy Dick does? You getting outraged over it is giving her exactly what she wants. Attention.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL that's just stupid. Fair enough though, carry on.

6. dobro1229

I just freaking did. Do you have reading comprehension?

And the OP brought up the "imagine if" scenario as is there has NEVER been violience incicted by the right. Where was your outrage then?

https://goo.gl/images/9I0FZO

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Well, I'm pretty sure OP meant if the person was a tv personality. Do you think that person would ever be on television ever again? CNN still hasn't commented on this story. If Kathy Griffin still allowed to the NYE show then will you acknowledge the double standard?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last time I checked Youtube isn't television

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The alt-right has snowflake Alzheimer's

[​IMG]

Ted Nugent -- the proud gun-owner, poorly coiffed Michigander, and washed-up rocker -- has said some silly and offensive things in the past, and not just while performing "Cat Scratch Fever." In 2007, he said the following during a concert: "Obama, he's a piece of ****. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary [Clinton], you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless b****."

So that's his level of political discourse. Of course, he seems to be speaking figuratively if distastefully. But he made another rather appalling statement over the weekend at the NRA convention in St. Louis:

If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and even laughing loudly as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.

I
    'm guessing Hannity won't be laughing hysterically about this one.

#29 CometsWin, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    edwardc, FranchiseBlade and rhino17 like this.
  10. dandorotik

We can if there is no tie-in with Obama. That answers your question exactly.

COMMENT- Look at this video from Griffin. Disgusting!
    REPLY - Yes, in poor taste.

COMMENT- Look at this video from Griffin. Can you imagine if they did this to Obama??
    REPLY - Yes, in poor taste. But since you're mentioning Obama...

I can't explain it any more clear than that. If you still don't understand, then reading comprehension could be an issue for you.

11. dandorotik

And now she wants forgiveness. Either she's extremely dumb, or it was all part of a calculated plan. If the former, it amazes me how absolutely stupid people can be. As if she couldnt' anticipate a backlash. If the latter, as someone else said, she got what she wanted.

12. TheresTheDagger

I figure most folks are abhorrent about the beheading tie in (especially 8 days after Manchester) but I guess "Yes, in poor taste" is gonna be the best we get from you.

Hell, even Kathy Griffin herself recognizes just how f*cked up this was (obviously trying to save her own ass now) with her self serving apology.

13. dobro1229

It's not even June yet and you are concerned about NYE ball droppings?

FYI-

TV Personality?!?.... haha so it's okay for a Republican elected official to insite or commit violence but heaven forbid a TV PERSONALITY like Dennis Miller or Jeff Foxworthy do the same. WAY worse I know.

Since Foxworthy never threatened Obama it's not the same and damn the liberals for allowing our chosen guardian of the NYE Ball Dropping ceremony to create a depiction of violence on our dear snowflake POTUS.

#33 dobro1229, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If this analogy is so far off...explain CometsWin's take on it, please. And the commentator on CNN who completely downplayed it, and then somehow tried to make a point about the Trump's playing victim. It may not represent all Democrats, maybe not even most, but you'd have to be ridiculously naïve to not see that it represents a good portion of them. The CNN commentator wouldn't say that if it didn't (at least not and keep her job). CometsWin being a classic example

Voters...naturally. Idiots everywhere. But mainstream celebrities? Please do share...it would be enlightening to see what the reactions were.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not just Kathy Griffin, but Chelsea Clinton, and even Jake Tapper and CNN's official statement.

Does this indicate it is mainly the fringe element of the party that won't take a stronger stand against it? Yes, probably. But, it also goes to show that there are elements of that fringe that won't do so. Were I a Democrat, I would be concerned about those elements (and, yes, the same for Republicans on the other side).

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not all of them...there have been reasonable comments from various 'known liberals' here. But there have also been those who have been dismissing it, or even trying to turn it around as if a strong condemnation were somehow reactionary. Those are the elements of the Democratic party today that I think Democrats should be leery of...just as there are those on the right Republicans should be leery of.

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens with Griffin going forward. I don't watch her (and really any of them) on New Year's Day, so it doesn't matter much to me. But...is there an example of someone on the right who did anything similar who wasn't let go immediately?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Getting trolled by Kathy Griffin is one amazingly inglorious distinction.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Jesus. This from the crew who elected a guy the day after he choke slammed a reporter to the ground and lied about it. Is there ever a day in which the bar for the politicians you people vote for is actually higher than that of a third rate comedian?

How absurd.

19. dobro1229

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ts-obama-hillary-killed-stars-in-new-trump-ad

This is the same Ted Nugent who was recently dining with the Pres himself in the WH FYI. Or will someone say it's not the same because being on a talk show for the E network is more representative of party affiliation than being a musician?

Nobody I knew freaked out like this Kathy Griffith thing because Ted Nugent is an idiot... kinda of like Kathy Griffith is an idiot.

All I want is to tone down the hostile rhetoric on both sides. I can't say it enough. I mean we had a freaking congressman choke slam a reporter for asking about health care and of course nothing but excuses from the right. That was an actual leader of their party. Someone who can vote on and draft himself laws of the land. Not some dumb comedian. This hostility towards each other is going to get worse if both sides dont put a stop to it. Starting with the actual leadership. Paul Ryan and Trump said next to nothing about their WWE star. That sets what kind of precedent exactly?

I didn't see the CNN segment but if Jeffery Lord was on the panel im sure he had a Reagan reference to talk about and I'm sure it was the liberals fault. CNN opinion panels are just opinions. Jeffrey Lord and Jason Miller sure don't speak on behalf of the Democratic Party but they get to speak just like the Dems on the panels. Who cares?

As noted Anderson Cooper himself went out and spoke against it. What more do Trump fans want? Do you they want her thrown in jail? Flogged in the streets? Hanged? I'm just trying to understand where all of this outrage is going, and heaven forbid we ask for both sides to hold their own sides accountable.

I've said what I need to say to condemn as have all others. Are the folks on the right on here going to condemn the next violent or invitement of violence they see from the right next time? Do we really think RoxLegend and others can make that commitment?

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans DnD: Conservatives take the heat for disgusting Kathy griffin comedy.

Her apology video was darn near as scary.