1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kate Spade Found Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Just like the Chester B. guy that had children. This lady had a 13 year old daughter, I just can not imagine leaving a kid behind before they were at least 20 years old.

Perhaps it would be easier if you were leaving them millions of dollars. I guess

FLASH21 and B-Bob like this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

How do so many of you know a female fashion designer?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Have you ever dated a woman?

got em COACH and Scarface281 like this.
  6. conquistador#11

other than that one outlier, has there ever been a genius that was stable? All of them seem to be haunted by personal demons. She was just that a genius, I always love the colors and designs she used in her pieces.

arkoe likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Right? I don't think he talks to women. He talks AT them. But whatever works.

Rocketman95 likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, she's a top brand, named after her, with "Kate Spade" stores in high-end malls. Willing to bet a woman dragged you into the Kate Spade store in the galleria and you just forgot. It's right in the middle of the mall.

You most likely know, but were just not paying attention.

Just like women will sometimes fake interest in Sports to get a guy to talk about himself or his favorite subject, same applies to Woman and Fashion.

This is partly tongue in cheek, but it works.

One of the absolutely easiest pickup lines is to complement the brand of a woman's purse or shoes (especially shoes), i.e. complement her taste in fashion, and get her to talk about herself. It doesn't take much more research than studying sports.

Kate Spade is a must line to know.

And the best combined research and pick-up opportunity is to buy a copy of Vogue in the airport and flip the pages while waiting and while on the plane. In airports and on flights, when ppl commonly look at what each other are reading as an ice-breaker, Vogue is one of the best ice-breakers around. (I also recommend a food/cooking magazine to flip through after Vogue.)

You can always put it away and pull out the sports page if you detect she's from the 00Rocketgirl mold, but fashion knowledge never hurts, even when women say they don't care.

Dave2000 likes this.
  9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Not me. Completely irresponsible of her given that she has a 13 year old daughter.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I look at them and just don't understand at all . .. . . .
    They both could have easily said. . .you know what . . . f*ck everything and went anywhere in the world
    and lived as lavishly and carefree as they wanted

She could have sold her whole company and everything and her family would probably be good for three generations

I look at my darkest moments . . .. IF at the moment I could jump a plane and sip margarita in Hondurus . . .
    Darkness would vanish .. . .

So that is why the thoughts she had during her last days interest me
    What was she thinking about that she could not get away from

I think more and more it is probably no one thing but simply. . . . .a feeling of discontentment/discomfort/unease
    I dunno . . . I would say try some different thing to try to change it
    don't kill yourself and leave you kids

I am not dogging her out . . but I am voicing my complete and total lack of understanding
    Because she had options that 99% of humanity did not have

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hear you, but true depression doesn't work that way right? If she had real clinical depression there isn't a way to logically work through your problems.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I figure that is the case
    Cannot Logic your way through it . . .. . which is why I am just baffled by it all
    I reckon you won't know .. until you in it

Rocket River

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Families of suicide victims from all classes of wealth probably say the same thing. Suicide is not a simple thing to understand because it affects EVERY class and to many it seems like a choice unlike cancer.

I lost a best friend to suicide and hated him for it for years. He had his whole future ahead of him and had the looks and charisma to be successful at anything he wanted but he killed himself over a girl...at least that's what I thought.

In reality I didn't know **** and I have no way of knowing why he really did what he did. He had a disease.

#33 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Yung-T and Rocket River like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can't even imagine what has to be happening inside your head to decide it's worth it to end it all and leave behind a kid when you aren't dying from a horrible disease and there aren't outside forces closing in that will tear up your family/business/etc.

Just clearly has to be a real clinical problem.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.

I don't think it is something you can talk through
    Chemical Imbalances or something

Like CTE except not trauma but chemical/hormonal/biochemistry

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Knew someone in high school that did that. Was a really cool dude. What made it even more terrible was that the chick wore it as a badge of honor. A guy killing himself over her. She'd tell everyone about it but in a "I cared for him" way.

In reality, no one knows what people go through. It all adds up for people with depression. One little thing can be placed on top and it's like a toothpick being placed on a stack of cards making it fall down. I've felt that before but luckily had a great support group and worked on ways to get out of it.

Kate Spade most likely had those same opportunities but it can be too much for anyone no matter the resources. You feel like there is nothing else you can do. Praying for the daughter especially and the rest of the family.

17. nono

nono Member

Women here have an easy life until they get middle aged then no one really wants anything to do with them anymore. That's why they get depressed.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Boy, they got you exactly where they want you....

[​IMG]

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Who the hell still goes to malls?

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Roughly 3 a month. Dating isn't hard.

You know what I never bring up? Women's fashion...

Scarface281 likes this.