1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karnishovas & MOREY in Greece watching Olympiakos - Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaronMalakian, Mar 24, 2009.

1. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

2 people like this.
  2. LardLad

LardLad Member

Maybe he is taking a second look at V-Span as well? I hope he brought a jersey with 'Spanoulis' on the back but replacing his old number with the number '1'.

3. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Maybe one of these Greek players will be the equivalent of our draft pick next year.

4. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

i'd think papaloukas is too old now.

5. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Spanoulis plays with Panathinaikos. Olyimpiakos is the team that has Childress and Pargo, but I suppose Morey know them already... If he's with Karnisovas, means they are following some of the above players.

Vujcic is the best passer in europe at his position. By far. He fixes very good with Adelman offense (Divac, Brad Miller, Webber) and is playing again at MVP level. He's 31... but you never know.

6. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Real Mardrid > Olympiakos

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Considering his recent signing through next year this probably James White, but we shouldn't expect Morey to not keep working at other options.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol V-Gina is more of a quitter than tmac. i guess that is why he said he was tmac back in greece. it all makes sense now. :D

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice catch, DaronMalakian ... thanks for posting it.

I have a feeling the Rockets will pull a first rounder or early second rounder out of this draft on the cheap. Just a hunch, but wouldn't surprise me.

10. worzel gummidge

My guesses are Josh Childress and Sergio Llull would be the players the Rockets were looking at. Morey has mentioned NBA players returning from Europe because of the world economy as a possibility in free agency. Llull is the only draft prospect found among those two teams.

They could also be looking at Newley while in Greece. Newley said the Rockets could bring him over this year or next but they want him ready to contribute not sitting at the end of the bench for 3yrs.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The target is Sergio Llull

Sergio Llull

-PG (pass first, can't shoot)

-Ranked on DraftExpress as a high 2nd round pick

12. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

I like PAPALOUKAS. He is the leader of the Greece National Team and he has high basketball IQ. He can be a solid player.

13. kevtse

kevtse Member

Papaloukas!! Come to Houston!!

14. worzel gummidge

The Rockets aren't after Ioanis Bourousis, Theodoros Papaloukas, or Nikola Vujcic. They're all under contract for next season. Also Papaloukas would cost over the MLE to match his net euro deal.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"I was Rafer in Spain..."

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I have that exact same feeling. It looks like Morey and Les are going to try to get something out for cheap because of the economy crisis.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I keep reading how shallow a draft pool this year has so I wonder, if true, why would he go for a 1st? A 2nd, perhaps, to stash and watch grow???

18. bbjai

bbjai Member

I hope not, I have never rated Newley and I've watched him for a long time. His not a Rudy Fernadez by any stretch of means and thats the closest his going to get at his level, a Rudy Fernandez

19. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

do not ever underestimate the creativity of Magic Morey. :cool:

20. The Hungarian Rocket

He's a great player. But he's over his prime. I don't think we count on him.