1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Karma] CNN gets b**** slapped by Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton certainly do. As fundamentally wrong and as discouraging as this is, this deep-seated lack of character is apparently a required trait for someone to be successful at the highest levels of American politics these days.

All three of these despicable characters clearly distinguish themselves on this score. These are clearly dark days for our country, there is no question about it.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think Ronald Reagan ever lied? What about George Washington? Nostalgia isn't anywhere as nice as reality.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Every adult human being has lied. But as you know very well, that is not what people mean when they refer to someone as a habitual, or even a pathological liar, as is the case with Trump, Obama and Clinton.

Reagan had his faults, as literally every human being does. But being a habitual liar was not one of them.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Give me some explicit evidence that Obama is a 'habitual liar' more so than any previous president such as Reagan?

Good luck... No 'gut' feelings here. Evidence is necessary.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think a presidential candidate should use the platform granted to them meant to inform the American people as an opportunity to conduct an infomercial for his Hotel.

What's disturbing is all the people crying foul over the Clinton Foundation don't see the problem with this.

6. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Good. As biased as the media, and in particular CNN, has been towards him, I'm glad he took this chance to screw with them. Serves them right.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dark days? Do you want to go back to the 1700s? 1800s? early 1900s? How about right before Obama took office. Want to go back to that day?

You are full of delusion. But I see that you continue to spew garbage about Obama being the same liar as Trump. You ignored the below and repeat the same garbage.

I give you something... If Trump is elected, there is a good chance we will see some dark days afterward.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't wait til Trump wins and gets the chance to screw with our country. Serves us right.

Amirite ?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many Trump business interests will be promoted during his State of the Union address

10. Dei

Dei Member

Nevermind the loaded question but how come it's so far from the topic at hand?

He was talking about CNN's portrayal of Trump, which has been unfair, and Trump deservedly getting back. Then you spin it into Trump screwing with the country?

Way to use logical fallacies.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

What difference does it make where he was born... His mom is a US citizen, so he's a US citizen...

The whole birther thing is just plain stupid...

T_Man

12. Patience

My point was that Trump is a petty, vengeful *******, and he will not hesitate to screw over anyone he perceives as an enemy no matter the harm to our country. I don't particularly care about CNN, but this is a pretty good example of his character flaws.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love anytime the media is made to look like fools. They are so full of themselves and they no longer are journalist with integrity. They are headline chasing, ratings chasing, money chasing, biased organizations. Today they proved that fact by falling for it and then getting upset when they did trying to blame others. They need to look in the mirror.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Petty, vengeful, *******? That sounds kind of like our current president.

Have you observed all the ways he has screwed Texas over during his two terms?

15. Patience

Screwed Texas? Um no, I have not observed this. Please do tell. Im sure your evidence is damning.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Journalism" edits by @<a href="https://twitter.com/CNN">CNN</a>Adds "racial" to Donald Trump; deletes "crooked" from Hillary Clinton. <a href="https://t.co/jvnaTUgTsZ" title="https://twitter.com/MiltonWolfMD/status/778199374673219584/photo/1" data-extended="[&quot;http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Csy3ZVSUEAAhrBG.jpg&quot;,&quot;http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Csy3e_6VMAERv8m.jpg&quot;]">pic.twitter.com/jvnaTUgTsZ</a></p>&mdash; Dr. Milton Wolf (@MiltonWolfMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiltonWolfMD/status/778199374673219584" data-datetime="2016-09-20T11:49:23+00:00">September 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The primary "screwers of Texas" for the last twenty years have been our very own governor's, AG's, wingnutter legislators and the people who have voted for them.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Texas seems to be doing pretty well. It is a primary landing spot for refugees from all the areas of the country where liberal policies have demolished their economies and turned their cities into war zones.