1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Karma] CNN gets b**** slapped by Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump is the only one who keep it alive after Obama produced the birth certificate. You never heard Hillary saying anything about it. Trump used it to start his political career.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump did a bait and switch and on the news organization. They finally, as a collective unit, had enough of it.

But whatever. This is typical Trump. He has already started to do the same on some of his policies. If he's elected President, I'm pretty confident that he will do some massive bait and switch.

http://www.mediaite.com/election-20...tment-of-press-destroy-footage-of-hotel-tour/

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

In fact, it would be much easier to list the topics that Trump has not already flipped on than the ones that he has. He is a pathological liar who will say literally anything in order to "win". There is not a single word he has spoken that can be trusted and he is as likely to flip on any position he has run on as not.

If Trump becomes president, I expect he will behave in very much the same sort of imperial manner that we have seen from Barack Obama, entirely divorced from any bond to the promises he has made or prior statements given. So would Hillary Clinton for that matter, who has even more of a tendency towards prevarication than Trump does.

The fact that either of these two even ran for office is disturbing enough. That one of them is very probably going to be the President of the United States is positively surreal.

In any case, Trump is feeding the Dems their own cooking that they serve to others (but not themselves of course) and they cannot believe it. Trump is as depraved and amoral, as fundamentally dishonest, as narcissistic, as manipulative, as selfishly irresponsible and as Machiavellian as they are.

As we can all see, the Democrats are appalled, because it is unimaginable to them that anyone would treat them this way with such impunity and get away with it, especially considering their hold on the press. Even though this is how they have conducted themselves towards and the American people and the Republicans for some time now. The elitist hypocrisy of these people is positively breathtaking to behold.

Say what you want to, but Trump is a master of political jujitsu the likes of which we have not seen. If someone is not writing a book on that specifically right now, it is not because there is not an opportunity to do so. He is putting on a clinic on the most high profile stage in the world and win or lose, his methods will be studied by Machiavellian politicians for a very long to come.

Also, don't believe for a second that the press is done with this guy. They have made massive amounts of money covering him. They are addicted to him and his antics at least as much as a heroin addict is to their next fix.

As a result, this symbiotic relationship will enthusiastically continue on both sides, with Trump playing these people like a fiddle and them carefully positioning themselves for the best positioning to get themselves played. It may be distasteful to a lot of you to accept that, but does anybody really doubt it?

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nay. Obama has largely stay in line with what he promised and campaign on. He can't deliver on some, but that's not because he flip on the position, but just the nature of governing.

As usual, you would take something that is clearly a very bad thing for Trump and try to make it equivalent to the other side. It's simple not true.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I do not identify with either of these "sides," so it appears that you are projecting your own tendencies onto me here. Even though leftists constantly reach for the moral equivalency argument ("He did it too, so that makes it OK for me or my person to do it") to try to legitimize the lies, the betrayals, the depravity and other low-down despicable conduct of their tribal leaders, that is not at all what I am doing here.

On the contrary, I am saying that Trump is a disgrace. Of course I do not think any better of Obama or Clinton, but that does not in any way change the expected standard of conduct for any of these people. None of them are advanced, improved, or legitimized by the moral failures of the others.

As far as what you said about Obama, if you actually believe that, you really are delusional.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't care what you identify with. What you stated is simply not true. Obama is no where close to the sociopath and pathological liar Trump is. You thinking they are and you think I'm delusional?

Go ahead and show some examples of where Obama is as much a liar as Trump. Should be easy to find.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Equating Trump to Obama, a former Harvard constitutional law professor, vs a realty TV star who inherited 200 million dollars and his father's massive business connections is a joke.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What Sid Blumenthal told a guy in 2008 that Obama was born in Kenya isn't the same as HRC campaign starting the birther issue.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only did Trump start his political career with the birther issue, it's another issue where the Donald flat out lied.

He claimed that he had sent teams of investigators to Hawaii, and that they were finding out all kinds of damaging stuff that he would release later.

Of course it turns out he had no teams of investigators. He hadn't uncovered squat. It's just Trump spitting out another of his lies.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Luv it when b****es get slapped!
    Hey b****: slap!
    Yeh.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think its great what Trump did. CNN is a top organization. Journalist is about bring relevant news to the people. CNN was too interested in partaking in something 8 years ago that has no relevant today. That were looking for any opportunity to find a reason to give Trump **** instead of reporting on actual important things. CNN was resorting to tabloid click bait antics.

1 person likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're saying Trump set up a press conference that was not an "actual important thing" just to make fools of the media by wasting their time. And do you want a president who does this?

13. TheresTheDagger

Don't think for one moment that secretly a HUGE swath of voters takes delight in the press being "punked".

There has never been a more deserving group of people for just such a moment.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The first part of the word "conservative" is "con".

15. TheresTheDagger

The last part of the word "Democrat" is "rat".

See? Aren't we all smarter now!!!1!!1111!

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ha! I dont think there is a secret about it. But you are absolutely right. Fox News, CNN and MSNBC all deserve this.

Ive said this many times over. Trump is a troll.

I have been anti-trump, but I am starting to believe he will make a better president than part time granny who is "Im falling and needs her security guards to keep her up".

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

D&D in a nutshell.:grin:

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And, you can't spell liberal without libel. :)

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't give a single care about birther anything. It's r****ded.

That's not the point. The point is Trump lie and did a bait and switch on the news media and they had it and refuses to air his shows.

If you think it's great to lie, well, fine.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's that feeling from the 'gut', right?