1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Karl Malone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

2. Panda

Panda Member

Unless Karla chops off his small finger in remorse of his atrocities...

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im all for doing whats best for the rockets and bringing in a guy LIKE malone is exactly what the rockets need, but there is no way in hell that i would ever want that flopping, crybaby, no ring, language abusing fool on my team, ever, ever, ever.

i can honestly say that i wouldnt even trade collier straight up for him.

i would rather have adolph hitler on the rockets than karl malone.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Could care less if that's what it takes to taste championship again in H-Town. You know what i mean!Know what i mean! Sounds like abroken record.

5. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Oh yes. Promise him the world. Then
    put Karl Malone on the bench as the 12th man. That way he'd never break the scoring record. When he does come into the game, put Cuttino at the point. When we make the playoffs, put him on the inactive list.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Uh count me in for wanting Karl Malone. It wont happen but why say no if he offered to play for Houston? Hes a true PF something this team is lacking. He is another weapon for steve to work with, if you want to devlop a great PG the more weapons he has the easier his job is. Just like Texan fans want David Carr to have some weapons.

Hes somebody for Eddie to look up to. If Eddie models his game into a Karl Malone type player, would anybody be dissapointed? Right now he is headed into the direction of a very poor mans Robbert Horry aka a bust. Why not give him guidance? And the amazing thing is people welcome the idea of Horry coming to Houston. Who right now is a poor mans version of himself. amazing

Back in 96 Houston welcomed another hated Rocket in Charles Barkley (though not as hated )and it cost them two of the teams most popular players in Horry and Cassel, despite all of that Houston fans welcomed barkley with open arms. Why was that? because it made them a better team thus a better chance at recapturing the glory of 1994 and 1995.

Now Karl Malone far past his prime but still a good player could come to Houston and it would only cost money and you dont want that? I just dont get it. If Karl Malone could make your favorite team and its players better, why not bring him in? This game is still about winning as it was in 96, what has changed that Im not aware of?

If you dont want Malone because you dont think hes a right fit thats one thing but to say no to Karl Malone because he beat the Rockets 6 years ago in the playoffs is silly

#26 rocketfan83, Jul 2, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What he said.

8. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

I HATE KARL MOLONE, JOHN STOCKTEN AND ALL THOSE JAZZ!!!!!:mad:

9. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Ok.

Only Americans use this in their language.

What does it mean when you say "Word."?

10. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

I dont care for KM but he would be a good add to the team. The reasons I would not do this are:
    1)He is looking for the points record and might be bad for the offense.
    2) He only has a year or two left and that might put us further back in developing Yao and EG.

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if we do sign malone, i think that the roster could use some tweaking to fit malones style. bring in some players who could best compliment the mailman.
    how about this dream lineup...

pg-tonya harding
    sg-adolph hitler
    sf-oj simpson
    pf-karl malone
    c-mark madsen

we could sign bin laden (tall, thin and athletic) and martha stuart (she is hungry and has something to prove). than we get gary condit to sign for the mle and we are set, evil-style.

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

1.Thats fair enough my take would be if Karl wants the scoring record he'd probaly have to play 3 seasons here rather than 2 which is the # the media and everybody else have him playing. Your right Karl could not get the scoring record here in 2 seasons.

2.Possibly he would take a few shots away from them both. But I think Karl would be a positive influence on both EG and YM. EG struggled all last season playing the same type game, he just hanged around the 3pt line and launched up bricks. Im sure Karl could teach EG some things and just maybe maybe Eddie would pick up on them and start to play like a PF rather than a oversized shooting guard. As for Yao it would take some touches away but it would take alot of pressure off him. Last season Yao was the only player on the roster who had a presence downlow on both offense and defense and rebounding. Karl brings both of those aspect he would take alot off pressure off Yao but Yao's touches would go down so I could see why you'd be against this.

13. azn-baller

azn-baller Member

two words: **** him

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So it Looks like a majority of the people don't want Karl. Unless we keep him from his championship and scoring title. GREAT IDEA!