1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone calls Bullard a "punk"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2000.

1. PanGOM

PanGOM Member

RocketmanTX

Lay off Louisiana - you're trying my patience.

Je suis Coon Ass

Jenna

I am a Rox fan - not because of any one player but because they were the closest geographically years ago when those stupid owners allowed the Jazz to move from NEW ORLEANS TO UTAH!!!

...and I will never get over it...

...i will never cheer for benedict malone...*

...and i'm embarrassed for you to continue to do so - but, hey, enjoy your opinion - it's yours...

Incidentally, he's doing a horrible job of marketing the ONE product he endorses: ROGAINE.

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

There is one quote that really sticks out in my mind that sums up Karl Malone more than anything else on this page. Not that he is a punk or trailer trash or anything else. It is the following:
    "When you've played 1,000 games -- or 1,200 games -- you've got to look for things to get motivated sometimes."
    WHAT? Shouldn't your motivation be the love of the game? Let's be really shallow. What about the millions you get paid to play A GAME? That's not enough motivation? Junk like this makes me really sick to my stomach. My mom has a saying, if you are a garbage man, be the best garbage man you can be. The fact that they need crap like what other people think or say about them to "fire them up" to do their job makes me angry. The fact they do not know what a privileged life they are leading makes me fell sorry for them.

------------------
    The truth is out there... on the NET.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited January 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited January 10, 2000).]

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Gotta have a big breakfast to get me ready for my Tim Duncan bash-fest tonight.

I bet! It must take a great deal of energy to reconcile the idea of being pro-Malone and anti-Duncan.

On the one hand, you've got Malone, who's made a career out of scoring points, swinging elbows, running at the mouth, and striking out in the ninth inning.

On the other, you've got the soft-spoken and classy Duncan, who at the tender age of 23 had more championship rings than the starting lineup of the Jazz combined.

It's not hard to see why you'd want to bash Duncan.

------------------
    A broken coffeepot in the dishwasher is worth five stitches in the wrist.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not sure how Jenna is getting to all these games, and cheering for Malone. They may have a "SPECIAL" relationship.

I do not have a problem with someone cheering on a friend. I do wonder what it is that Jenna REALLY does though.

[​IMG]

DaDakota

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

PanGOM...lighten up newbie. An ice-cold Dixie beer may soothe your crankiness!

------------------
    Just Win Baby! More Than Four Times!

6. finalsY2K

finalsY2K Member

Jenna,

You are one weird chick. That's all I have to say. Support Karl Malone? The one thing I truly appreciated about Rodman was he could take MailMan out of his game. When it's a head case against a simpleton, the head case will win every time even if the simpleton can score more points.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Give Malone credit. He's in excellent condition and should be around for quite a few more years. Hopefully many more. With Horny and Stockton getting older and Malone skills eroding (they will erode won't they?), it will be fun to watch as the Jazz and Malone struggle through the "let's put rebuilding the team off as long as we have Malone" stage.

The Jazz aren't going to win a championship with Malone. Period. They aren't going to rebuild while Malone is there. Period. No big-name free agent wants to go to Utah. Period. They're screwed as long as the have Malone, who is in excellent condition and should be ia Jazz for many years to come. [​IMG]

The way I look at it, the Rockets are a step ahead of the Jazz and even the Spurs who likely won't win it this year. Those teams still have to make the choice to rebuild while the Rockets have made it.

Nothing but blue skies from now on.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

"Usually the jersey would come off once a certain person saw me in it and gave me a certain look. There was no way the rest of my day could be good if I continued to wear it. Just the fact that I did in the first place was points against me."

Sorry, but that statement is totally ridiculous.

I am curious, where does your interest in the Rockets come from Jenna? You may have mentioned this to me before, but I can't recall.

Look, I.....we aren't trying to drive you off. I usually like your posts. Whether you enjoy mine is your opinion. We agree on alot of things, this just will never be one of them.

OK, guys...lets all move on.

------------------
    I follow the NBA, but I am a ROCKETS FAN!!

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

MALONE NEEDS TO LEAVE BULLARD ALONE THE CLASSLESS PUNK.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MALONE WAS NOT SUSPENDED BUT NELSON WAS?

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

by the way malone does rogain commericals how classy is that

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Those of you tagging Jenna,

There's no need to insult her... I hate the Jazz, I once liked Malone for his "work ethic", but that faded with the elbows and the foul-mouth-flapping. But if she likes the guy, she likes the guy...

That being said, my one hope in my existence is that the only rings both Stockton and Malone ever get are wedding rings. The day either/both announce their retirement ringless, is the day you will see me party.

Well, ok, that's just one of my hopes... the other involves supermodels, and I'll leave that one alone for now... [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ouch Jenna. Sounds like the Tim Duncan Bash-fest didn't go too well.

46 points, 14 boards, 16-28 shooting, 14-16 free throws ... my goodness.

Anyhow, hope you had fun at the game.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

or after the game, with your special pal Malone.

[​IMG]

Nothing but love.

DaDakota

14. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

man what a game... it reminded me for the umpteenth time why karl malone is a loser while at the same time made me eat my words as to duncan's 'boring game'.

david stern: are you not tired of malone's jerky ass body all over the place? should we confirm that the presence of the ball in his hands doesn't lead to epileptic seizures? god I hate Karl WillMoan.

guys: when you want to get a spazz fan to admit that their team cheats, just pull for the spazz for that particular game. i have lived in utah for the past 4 years, and gone to 40~ games or so (to see nba bball, so don't be mean [​IMG]). i quickly learned that when it benefitted the rockets for the jazz to win a particular game (namely when the jazz played against the spurs last year (when we had just come down from a 9 game win streak), and a game against the twolves a year back, etc.), start talking about the moving picks, malone's, stockton's elbows, geesh the list goes on. during all of the pertinent games that I have wanted the Jazz to win, I've usually been loud, boisterous and laughed my ass off during such illegal moves and everytime some sack of jazz fan would agree and giggle about these moves.

but enough about the jazz. just be content that larry miller is paying a dumbass tax to the wailman for the next 4 years.

tank tank tank tank-n ru-dy
    tank tank tank tank-n ru-dy

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We've all been through this with Jenna before, and though it's tough to understand, lets all ease up a bit. At the same time Jenna, you know what you're doing by praising Malone in a heavily biased Rockets forum -- it's like you're looking for this attention. Anyhow, my point was Jenna definitely loves the Rockets and she researched a lot of the Retro Dates for the page. Didn't think you could follow both God and Satan, but maybe Jenna is proving otherwise [​IMG]

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Although this is not related to this topic at all, Achebe, I'm sure you're just joking....I REALLY hope you're joking...tanking is for the weak. Only quitters would tank.

Thank you.

------------------
    I follow the NBA, but I am a ROCKETS FAN!!

17. Clutch...I guess that the hardest thing to get over when it comes to Jenna:

The fact that here, in the solitude that is the fine Rox forum, she would be so willing to defend the anti-christ himself, eats at my flesh.

One last point though Jenna. Ive been to alot of Houston Oiler games up until I moved away from houston back in 87. Mostly because it was so easy to get tickets back in the dog days of the 3-13 squads. Yes I cheered for them lightly. Hoping that they could catch a break. Never did I consider myself a fan though.

Jenna. I really don't want to get into a war with you. Consider yourself what you want. A true fan, or not...How I percieve you doesn't change a thing about how you feel about yourself.

Please continue to post, because honestly short of your Karla defending, I truely enjoy your quips.

18. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

time to get retro:

ahhhhhh... you'll forget about it in 9 years or so. (hopefully sooner, but that damn sampson)

these aren't the droids you're looking for

19. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

In case you guys didn't catch it...

Bullard retaliated, he said something to the effect of "It's so sad to see the older athletes are not setting good examples for the young athletes. We have people like Rocker verbally attacking groups of people. We have Pippen disrespecting other great athletes. And we have Malone who call out other players. I really worry for the youths of this league, these were the guys they look up to."

Malone being mentioned in the same sentence as Quitten, that's pretty sweet. Is this the first time a Rocket lash out at Pippen after the ordeal?

20. Iggy

Iggy Member

If Jenna would just stop sticking up for her long time friend, quit expressing her opinion, tell us only what we want hear and maybe be a little intimidated be "real" fans, then all would be well in Rocketland.

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, thanks to people like Jenna.