1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone calls Bullard a "punk"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My goodness this guy is an ass:

(From the Chronicle)
    "Just another ... journeyman," said Malone, who refused to shake Bullard's hand during the captain's meeting before the game. "Just another guy who can't play who's got something to say. I just found out the other day he was still playing. I thought he was fixing hair in Houston ... a beautician.

"Another guy who can't play who's never lifted a weight in his life ... those are always the guys who talk. If you've got things to say about me, then guard me, OK. He's a wimp and a punk and a punk to run his mouth. He's a (feminine person). He's a guy who wouldn't get any press unless he talks about Karl Malone. It's ain't ever guys who can play that do all the talking. It's the ones who can't play."

Told he and Bullard at least share a love of fishing, Malone said, "He's probably scared of the worms."

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I wonder what his farewell tour around the league will be like in a few years. It should be interesting.

Mango

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Ohh man i cant believe he said that.. Mother****er..

4. CaucasionSensation

WOW! I always despised Malone for some of his luder remarks, and boy this only makes me more sour.

He has the oratory skills of John Rocker. Actually worse. If you read some of his quotes over the years you would think he is mentally handicapped... but anyway.

He'll never win a title and I think that's wearing on him

[This message has been edited by CaucasionSensation (edited January 09, 2000).]

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Sorry ass hoe.. I really wanted him to maybe get a ring or something.. But now i wish that loser the worst.. Sorry ass old team.

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

His career and that of CB4 will have spanned roughly the same interval and there will probably be a big difference in how each is remembered.

Mango

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Judging from this outburst, whatever Bullard said to him must have been really, really good. Notice Malone's comment about Bullard being feminine and a "beautician." Sounds like Bullard said something about Malone's manhood that struck a little too close to home.

Or maybe it was just "Kiss my ring."

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

haha..

I think Bullard was accidently wearing his ring when he went to shake his hands so malone got jealous...

9. bartleby

bartleby Member

Well, Malone should ask "beautician" Bullard to help him with his hair problem.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

All I have to say is FUNK THAT REDNECK!!!

He has no idea what class is because he is a just a trailer park trash country hillbilly! Who is he to judge Bullard? Bullard has helped win a title...all Malone has ever done is LOSE when it comes to titles.

I really hope Bullard called him out for the dirty, skanky a$$ 8itch that he is!!

------------------
    Without a good defense, there is no offense.

We don't need no stinking badges!!! We need some stinking WINS!!!

11. Christopher

Christopher Member

Malone never stops his piss'n and moan'n.

He say's its the guy's that cant play that always do the talking.With that said Malone never stops talking!
    Bullard 2 rings,Malone NONE........
    Thats all that really needs to be said.

While on the subject of the Spaz...I mean Jazz I was looking at a few web sites recently and I didnt realize how many people HATED the Jazz.Not just us Rockets fans but every one.as mango said it will be intresting when malone does his "farewell tour" [​IMG]

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

12. Jenna

Jenna Member

RocketsPimp -

"Trailer park trash country hillbilly," eh? So, since he's from a very poor part of Louisiana and does not have the best speaking skills in the world, he's a "trailer park trash country hillbilly"? Since I come from the exact same background, thank you for that assessment of us. Go ahead, say what you like, but he's still got about $150 million more than you. I guess being a "trailer park trash country hillbilly" pays off.

On the Bullard issue:

Bullard said a ton of things to the media on Friday regarding the Nelson/Malone confrontation. Mostly, he completely trashed Karl and praised Nelson. These comments did show up again, just before the game. Matt's mouth was running, but only when Karl turned his back to him - in other words, Matt wouldn't say anything to his face. When Karl would turn to him to ask him what he was saying, he got quiet really, really fast. I wonder why....

I'm off to San Antonio to cheer for, as RocketsPimp says, a "trailer park trash country hillbilly" for what seems to be the billionth time. I've loved every second of it....

------------------
    Jen
    Next round of Nelson vs. Malone: February 24 @ Reunion Arena

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Never have liked the Utah Jazz, probably never will as long as Malone and Stockton are there. Have always wished them the worst and they've pretty much always delivered (championships? I can count on one hand how many championships they've... wait... no I can't). Malone could've been one of those guys who came from nowhere to become a well-respected "good-guy" type. Instead he came from nowhere to become, at times, a well-respected thug. His choice of words at the stupidest times is unbelivable. He'll cuss while on live tv, he'll talk about people's sexuality, etc. Never liked the guy and never will. I hope they never win the championship and hope to hear the boos from the fans around the country who've put up with Stockton's and Karl's on-court "thuggery".

What kinda impresses me is Barkley was magnitudes higher in his constant blabbering, but people still liked the guy. When Malone goes out, people will say "great player, improved his game from college, never won a championship...". That'll be it. Wonder why?

Will and others...
    Regarding Karl's comment that Bull was a beautician... there was one season I believe Bull didn't play basketball. He helped his wife open up a beauty shop or something out in Kingswood or Friendswood or somewhere... can't remember. That's probably what Karl was referring.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Go ahead, say what you like, but he's still got about $150 million more than you.

Whoa Jenna, you made yourself look very bad there -- probably let your emtions get the best of you. A quality person has nothing to do with money ...

I guess being a "trailer park trash country hillbilly" pays off.

So does being a p*rn star.

No offense Jenna because you and I are friends, but I hate when you try to defend the guy ... especially when lately his actions have been indefensible.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Also, people that defend poor speaking skills are in the wrong. If my foreign butt can come here and speak well, then so can anyone born in this country speaking the language already.

People that have to resort to cussing to get their point across have plainly given up on communication altogether. Cussing will happen in the heat-of-the-moment, but when used as part of your communication, tells a lot about you.

Perhaps some of that $150 million should be invested in speach lessons? And don't give me the garbage about he was brought up in the backwoods/rough areas. Barbara Jordan is a wonderful example of someone who would put that theory in the wringer and rip it to shreds. (Awesome woman, too bad she's no longer with us)

But in the end, he does make over $150 million dollars more than me probably. And to that I say, "so what?" I have just as many NBA championships and I have the additional skill of actually being able to speak English.

Never liked Malone, never will...

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Hey!! Wait just one darn second, there--Clutch.

What's wrong with p*rn stars? I happen to like many of them.

Don't compare that piece of crap, Karl Malone, to a p*rn star.

17. playahata

playahata Member

i have a great deal of respect for Malone (translated hate). This guy is not named the Mailman for nothing . That b*stard delivers....be it large amounts of points or elbows to the face and knees to the groin. I had a lot more genuine respect for his abilities. back when he was just a quiet guy who seemed to put in 30 a night, but make no mistake my contempt for him in the mid 90's was almost as large as it is now. My true hate for the Jazz emerged in 1997....before that I was convinced that they were Houston's b****. In that season, I don't know if that team got dirtier or I just began to notice it. I watched the Mailman kick and elbow and I saw Stockton use just about every other trick. My lasting memory will be of the Mailman bearhugging CLyde as Stockton applied the dagger. His recent run in with Nelson gave me respect for Nelson that I thought I could never have. Cheap shots and cheap tricks are going to be a key part of the Mailman's and the Jazzholes legacy.

18. Old School

Old School Member

It gets better...check out the article from the Salt Lake Tribune for more quotes:

BY STEVE LUHM
    THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

HOUSTON -- Karl Malone exploded for 32 points Saturday night in the Jazz's 103-87 victory over the Rockets at the Compaq Center.
    Give Houston forward Matt Bullard a John Stockton-like assist.
    Friday night, a Houston television reporter asked Bullard about Malone's run-in with Dallas Coach Don Nelson that resulted in a $10,000 fine by the NBA. Bullard declared that he approved of Nelson's attempt to "stand up" to Malone, "since the league won't."
    Malone saw the interview, stewed about it for 24 hours, then led the Jazz to their sixth consecutive win, their 14th in 17 games and 11th victory in a row over the once-mighty Rockets.
    After scoring at least 30 points for the 10th time this season, Malone said, "Guys who can't play always seem to do the yapping."
    Malone did not shake Bullard's hand prior to tip-off, and neither did Bryon Russell.
    "When you talk about my teammates, I'm not shaking your hand," Russell said. "He's a sissy."
    Malone claimed Bullard's remarks did not provide inspiration against Houston, but others weren't so certain.
    "I'd say [Bullard] added a little fuel to the fire," Russell said.
    "Sometimes," Jeff Hornacek said, "we tell Karl things that other guys have said about him. When you've played 1,000 games -- or 1,200 games -- you've got to look for things to get motivated sometimes. But we didn't have to make up anything tonight."
    Stockton, who had 10 points, six assists and six rebounds in only 23 minutes, said Malone's "concentration was there, I don't think there's any doubt about that. He played well, he was aggressive and he did everything under control."
    The Jazz's Jerry Sloan, who won his 698th game as an NBA coach, declared that Malone "always comes ready to go. He comes to play every night. Some guys mouth off about him, and it makes you want to throw up. Some guys miss games because a hangnail, so the only thing they can do is say something crazy."
    Before the game, it was Malone's turn to go crazy. Still unhappy about the NBA's decision to fine him for an incident he believes Nelson provoked -- but unwilling to comment on it -- Utah's most visible Mailman went postal when asked about Bullard.
    During a angry, 10-minute tongue-lashing, Malone called out Bullard. Among other things, he said:
    -- "Just another journeyman; another guy who can't play who's got something to say."
    -- "I just found out the other day he was still playing. I thought he was in Houston fixing hair . . . a beautician."
    -- "He's another guy who steals money . . . who can't play . . . who has never lifted a weight in his life. Those are the guys who always talk s---."
    -- "He's a wimp and a punk to go on TV and run his mouth. . . . He's a [baby]."
    -- "It ain't ever guys who can play that do all the talking. It's all the guys who can't play."
    When Malone was reminded he has something in common with Bullard -- a love of fishing -- he grumbled, "He's probably scared of the worms."
    Bullard seemed surprised that Malone was so upset by what he considered mild criticism.
    "Journeyman?" Bullard said. "I consider that a compliment because it means I'm still around. And the beautician part; I sure hope he doesn't think I'm pretty."
    No chance -- just like the injury-ravaged Rockets had against Utah.
    "It was a step backward tonight," said Coach Rudy Tomjanovich.
    The Rockets' Carlos Rogers matched his career high with 28 points, but the Jazz never trailed after Russell scored five straight points early in the first quarter.

19. Francis3

Francis3 Member

(garbage)

[Note: This message has been edited by Administrator]

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I hate the Jazz with a vengeance but I gotta go with Malone on this one. Bull can't play worth a crap(barring a good game every once in a while just on offense) and spouted off like an idiot who needs to mind his own damn business. Maybe if Bull was a little more agressive like Karl, he wouldn't play like such a panzy ass. He needs to shut up and put up. Or else who the hell is he to say anything at all? AND, to top it all off, all it did was give Utah the fuel and motivational fire to kick our butts all over the court. Maybe if Bull would have shut up, we could have pulled off an upset due to Utah not taking the game so seriously. Bull made sure that didn't happen.

In my eyes, Bull's stock is already at an all time low. It just went even lower. Maybe I will refer to him as Dog from now on.

Surfguy

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited January 09, 2000).]