1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl-Anthony Towns named Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 16, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep lol, but couldn't resist to type "like Pop did", sorry for the troll attempt :)

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So they have "the best stretch 5 in the game" and still make the 2nd fewest 3s in the NBA? Ouch.

I haven't watched the T-Wolves much except against the Rockets. They don't impress me at all. I guess the Harden/CP3 circus is just a bad matchup for them.

Then again, none of the WC teams impress except the top 2. If things continue as they are, the #3 seed will win only 48 games.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sorry, but you can't argue with 3rd Best ORtg. Offense is not Minny's problem.

Like it or not, they are proving that not all highly efficient offenses require 30+ 3s per game. Hell, Pops only put up 24.8 3s last year (25th lowest) while winning 61 games.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's revisit this in 10 years.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Revisit what?

Whether or not a 3rd Best ORtg has to shoot 30 3s? Before you answer that question, look up the most 3s the Spurs have ever shot per 100.

• This isn't just 3rd best, this is only team (not from PHO, HOU or GSW) in 20 yrs to post such a high ORtg. 8th best in 20 years.

You guys are sounding like the naysayers of the Rockets, who preached like Barkley that high ORtg based on 3s is meh basketball. Now you're saying the teams shooting the same low amount as Pops at even higher ORtg efficiency as Spurs are a fluke...despite having the 2nd most efficient 20 pt scorer in the game, and he's 7' tall.

It's isn't a fluke if you have the most efficient big in the game.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We will see about that big guy. You are sounding a whole lot like Kenny Smith, which I am pretty sure is worse than anyone on the panel. ;)

My guess is that the holdouts will convert, and all of the top offenses will be forced to follow the mathematics soon. The Spurs can win, but they have to be perfect. Much more perfect than GSW or HOU needs to be to win a title. Their margin of error is extremely tiny with the way they play, and luckily for them they have the de facto disciplinarian to make it work, to an extent. Pop is working with what he has, and he is doing a great job, but the Spurs won't scare me until they get out of the Pau/LA dreadgery. Please, for the love of Darwin, continue to have LA shoot turnarounds on the block. I am way okay with the Spurs losing for another decade.

In 10 years, there will be SEVERAL teams that blow these old Offensive efficiencies out of the water, and they will be teams shooting a huge amount of threes. 30 threes is just a starting point. Houston has revolutionized the game, and all the copy cats are going to be coming en masse.

#46 RudyTBag, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I never noticed it before but this dude is a huge whiner. Body language and demeanor is real bad too when things don't go his way too. Head down, slumped shoulders.