1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Rush

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Apr 1, 2006.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/release_rush_060401.html

He was waived by the Bobcats because of he didn't give "maximum effort". Should we try to pick him up and see if he can maybe help us next year maybe. He would be a major upgrade over Ryan Bowen and Maciej Lampe. He is a big wing player who can score and shot. Is he worth at least a look?

2. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Looks like this is not an April fool's screw job. Rush can definitely help us on the perimeter.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he isn't willing to put maximum effort and hard work he is not going to be useful to us despite his abillity to shoot. It's a red flag when a team such as the Bobcats cuts a young,athletic young player who can shoot well.

4. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Damn, you beat me to it. :eek: ;)

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I agree with that but sometimes people need a change of scenery. I remeber when the same thing was said about T-Mac. Not comparing him T-Mac but you get my point. I remember Kareem when he was with those great Lakers team and he was a very solid role player. I think he will sign with Lakers again most likely because Phil Jackson is back there.

6. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I do not hate this idea.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Think of it this way psycholgically speaking if he was playing on the Lakers with hopes of Championships and fame and then found himself with a limited role on the lowest rung of the whole NBA , possibly he needs hope of success to bring him back to his former self, after all he is still young enough.He would fit in with our plans for next season and could even start learning during the last nine games of this season,

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I hate this idea. I've watched all his games in LA. I've seen over ten games of him as a bobcat. The guy just flat out sucks. The only thing he has going for him is his streaky shot and most of you know that. Whenever he tried to bring the ball up the court it was practically a turnover. He can't attack the basket nor can he play physical defense. His inability to keep his man in front of him completely negates his length.

Trust me, even David Wesley would be a better player for us next year. You want to raid the bobcats this summer? Sign Jumaine Jones, who's making almost half of what Rush is now. Defense, a more consistent shot, rebounding, and professionalism. Rush is a joke.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

id take him. he was solid in college.

10. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

what have we got to lose...give him a shot

11. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

didn't larry brown say he was a "turnover waiting to happen?". I know he did good playing against us, but playing for us might be another issue.

12. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

does it really matter anymore? the key moves will come in the offseason

13. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

He has a brother coming to this draft, Lets get them both ...

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Brandon Rush isn't coming out.

15. Ryan Bowen MVP

He started out fantastic this season, even a few 40pt games, until he got injured.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Give me one good reason why we SHOULDN'T bring him on for the rest of the season, or maybe just a 10-day at first?

It's not going to hurt the wallet, and there's a place called "the bench" just in case he doesn't work out on the court.

17. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

I just heard that on SR610 that the Rockets are expected to sign Kareem Rush by Monday. Deal has already been worked out pending a physical.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This sounds like an April fools joke, but I hope it is not.

DD

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think it would be a good signing. Good 3-point shooter, average w/ his jump shot inside the arc, but could be a spark off the bench at the 2/3.

20. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

We should absolutely sign him! Then we can have 3 of the top ten worst points per shot players in the league!

Points Per Field Goal Attempt (The stats are a bit old, they might have changed since then)

While I know that Keith Bogans was a pretty good find from Charlotte, I just can't see why we would pick up Kareem Rush, who's already failed in a system very similar to our own, when he was playing in Los Angeles with Kobe and Shaq.

On top of that, who would we waive to sign him? Certainly Richie Frahm deserves a further look, while the only other non-rotation player left is Maciej Lampe.

Wait.

On second thought, waive Lampe, bring in Rush or any warm body at the swingman position, so we don't have Bogans and Luther playing 40+ minutes a night.

It's a move that will appease both sides! The tankers can be happy because Rush undoubtedly makes our team worse, while those that still want the Rockets to win can be happy because it's yet another body in front of Ryan Bowen in the rotation, and I'm a big believer that both Bogans and Head are great for 25-30 minutes a night, but don't have the legs (Luther because of rookieness, Bogans because of the early season injury and the fact he's never averaged more than 24 minutes a game in his career) to play 40 effective minutes (which is why we'll be in good shape if T-Mac comes back and takes away about 15 from each of them).

So to summarize; Kareem Rush sucks and will suck, but sign him anyway...