1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar blasts Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

well, to be fair, if you think about the best center for over the last 20 years, Dwight is def the worst offensive center

Kareem
    Dream/D Rob/Ewing/Daughtery
    Shaq/Dikembe
    Yao

and now Dwight

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Worse than Mutombo??

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Offensively yes, defensively no

he is only 27, I think he will still improve... if Asik, with absolutely no offensive game, can average double digit pts per game with our roster (credit Harden, Lin, Parson) I think Dwight will average 20 pts per game here....

1 person likes this.
  4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

HTML:

oh snap!

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Or how about that battle back in the day between Akeem and Hakeem?

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Some never take off their Lakers glasses.

All though I suspect I'll never take off my Rockets glasses either.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Because he wrong.

8. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

That's racist and Aimed for LOFs.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Kareem has never won a championship as the best player on his team.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kareem is just upset that Dwight left LA and is now working with the greatest center of all time yet when Kareem offered to help he didn't take him up on it. It was probably a hit to Kareem's ego that Dwight wanted to work with Dream rather than work with him.

11. blade andrews

blade andrews Member

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This guy said Noah asked to work with him lol I wonder who did Lebron Kobe amare Dwight and a lot more other players ask to train them oh that's the dream sit down somewhere Kareem nobody wants to train with you and nobody wants to play with the lakers

1 person likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine most people just say "I already know how to shoot a hook shot" when Kareem offers to help them.

1 person likes this.
  14. andersongo

andersongo Member

That's the thing though....few players nowadays have a hook shot as a go-to move. Kareem has shown beyond any doubt that the skyhook is the single most unstoppable shot in the sports history, yet the disciples are few and far between. No wonder Kareem has been butthurt for the last 25 years.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the reason that few players use the hook as a go to move is because the league is a hell of a lot better now than when Kareem was playing, it wouldn't work as well if it even worked at all.

Kareem had the advantage of playing on amazing teams most of which were before the league had just a ton of big man talent. If Kareem had to go against guys like Olajuwon, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, and Mutombo in their primes, Kareem wouldn't have done as well. What worked great against Bill Walton wouldn't cut it against those centers I named (except Ewing probably)

16. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Yes, worse than Mutombo

Mutombo was still a decent post player and had a pretty solid jump hook whereas Dwight scores more off of finishes

Also towards the latter half of Mutombos career, he was a mid 70%ish FT shooter

17. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

My worry about Dwight is that as we can all agree, he is good because of his athletic ability. With that said, what happens 3 years down the road when that deteriorates?

Duncan can play for ever as his game is all technique/skills but Dwight is more of a guy more similar to Amare, Kemp, Mcdyss who relies on his explosiveness

He is gonna be 28 in a month and has played in the NBA for almsot 10 years now so his body is beaten up. So I think our window is smaller than most think. We need to contend and win NOW

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

Is it wrong that I laught at it? Do I still belong to HOU fans? :grin:

[youtube]gKzbw_MRUSM[/youtube]

Hope Dwight angry now, and proves haters wrong - wins the champ and will have the best season in his career!

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Insidehoops.com also lists Kareem at almost 7'2 and Dwight at 6'9 (actual). Not many players are 7'2, and I think that affects the "sky" part of "sky hook."
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257270

Dwight also said "I'm not a seven footer" and Kareem was too tall to work with: he'd have to change his game.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d...-path-from-villain-to-champion-143045547.html

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We still love Ron Artest, eventhough he was here for a year and he decided to leave Houston still loves Ron Artest. The Lakers are sorry excuses for fans, they ned to move on.