1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kanye West Is A Crybaby

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by halfbreed, Nov 3, 2006.

1. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15536834/

Kanye West a sore loser at MTV Europe awards
    Rapper storms stage, unleashes tirade after losing Best Video prize

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Rap star Kanye West was named Best Hip Hop artist, but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for Best Video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for “We Are Your Friends.”

In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video “Touch The Sky,” because it “cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons.”

“If I don’t win, the awards show loses credibility,” West said.

The rapper grabbed the Best Hip Hop award earlier in the night in a star-studded event hosted by Justin Timberlake in the Danish capital.

West has a particular affinity for the “Touch The Sky” video. In an interview with The Associated Press in August, he expressed his displeasure that the clip, an elaborate Evel Knievel spoof, didn’t get nominated for an MTV Video Music Award.

“It didn’t get any nominations, but it’s one of the most memorable videos of the year for me,” he told AP.

It’s also not the first time he’s had a meltdown at an awards show. At the 2004 American Music Awards, West bitterly complained backstage that he was robbed when he didn’t win a trophy.

A West publicist did not return an e-mail request for comment.

Elsewhere at the MTV awards, Timberlake won the Best Pop and Best Male awards while the Red Hot Chili Peppers won Best Album. Christina Aguilera was named Best Female artist at the annual awards show broadcast live in 17 countries.

British band Muse won the Best Alternative category, and Depeche Mode earned the Best Group award.

“Wow, guys, this is totally unexpected,” said Rihanna as she received the Best R&B award. In September, the 18-year-old music star won the same category in the Music of Black Origin award in London.

The show was split between two venues: a convention hall on the city outskirts where Timberlake was in charge and an outdoor stage on Copenhagen’s main square where R&B songstress Kelis introduced the artists.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were nominated in four categories, but only won one for the album “Stadium Arcadium.”

Best song went to Gnarls Barkley for “Crazy.”

British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen entertained the audience with his English-mangling character Borat Sagdiyev, a Kazakh TV journalist, and poked fun at Madonna who is trying to adopt an African child.

“My only concern is that this singing transvestite will not be such a good father,” Borat said in a mock video link from Kazakhstan.

Other award presenters included R&B singer Cassie, Daniel Craig — the sixth actor to play agent James Bond — Fat Joe, “Jackass” star Johnny Knoxville and the Sugababes.

MTV’s European awards are held in a different city every year. The winners are selected by fans across Europe.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Kanye West is CRAZY
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NeIk_tHl1H4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NeIk_tHl1H4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

MTV Europe doesn't care about black people.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

__AMEN__

5. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Thats Funny, I used to really like him until he opened his mouth about white people not being allowed to use slang for at least a year.

He is good producer. Overated rapper, and a crybaby with emotional problems.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LOL... :D

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Why should they, they have the Irish.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

What the hell is wrong with him? A 5 year-old isn't that immature.

9. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Wheres the video footage? Kanye going crazy is always good entertainment. But seriously, there are plenty of good artist and albums that have never even been nominated so he needs to just sit down and stop b****ing.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Now that is classic!

11. Angle02

Angle02 Member

I hope he never wins another reward.

12. Angle02

Angle02 Member

reward=award....wtf was i thinking? :confused:

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh, no you didn't!!!!!!!!

;)

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

He's a good producer, but forget about anything else he thinks he is because of his ego. I think he compared himself to god in one of his interviews. Most of all, WHO CARES ABOUT THE MTV AWARDS. As if THIS is a good indication of quality music!?!? Deafness take me now.

15. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

"Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud." :cool:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Old Dirty Did this . . . and he was funnier

Rocket River

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

He's not a crybaby!! He's just standing up for the black people!! And HE"S NOT CRYING HE'S JUST CAUGHT UP BY HIS NATURAL r****dED DORKHOOD!

18. Caboose

Caboose Member

That video was hilarious! I think I'm gonna start watching Mind of Mencia.

19. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Kanye's got a rediculous ego but most of the time it just seems to be an act to me. For whatever reason it just seems to be an act to get attention. THis is sad b/c of he is so talented and doesn't need to stoop to that.

Why do we in our society just like to down people for their flaws, like we don't have any?

Mencia is funny but he poked fun at Kanye by dissing him for not being "gangsta". Show me when, ONCE, that Kanye claims to be gangsta. You can NOT. His music is everything BUT gangsta rap. Dit dee deeeeee Carlos!

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Cause it's fun? :confused: