1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J. McDaniels Offer Sheet Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, no, you're back. Were you on a timeout? It was sooooo nice while you were gone.

Can't wait until August. School will start up again and you'll have far less time to post. (This was true of the LOFs when we had them.)

Every year we get more and more of these posters, though. Morey tends to make deals late in the offseason. You mention this and still the, "Fire Morey! Morey sucks!" crowd.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

If we didn't have JET, I'd 5otally pick up Professor Miller to give us spot minutes and be a player-coach.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So this is no longer about K.J. McDaniels and more about off topic ramblings and debates? Okay. I'll quit checking.

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Still can't figure out why no team has made him a decent offer. I feel a team like the Mavs, since Mathews will be out a while and they just lost Aminu, would love to have a guy like KJ. Plus, they could force the Rockets to use that MLE if the truly decide to match.

5. Airdough

Airdough Member

The fact it is taking this long to figure out KJ doesn't add up. Either no one really thinks he's worth what he's asking or his signing is going to be used for something bigger.

The conspiracy theorist would say the league is colluding to freeze him out of getting any offers to deter others like him who think they can sign a one year contract and then cash in faster. Teams like having players like KJ and before that Parsons on below market deals.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Or he's doing exactly what he did last year, which wait until the very end to accept an offer.

7. malakas

malakas Member

rumours say pelicans but looking at roster depth Charlotte is also a very strong prosibillity.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you were smart, which you very obviously aren't, you'd stop posting for a week or two and pray that Clutch doesn't spot this post. I didn't think you could possibly be more of an idiot than you have displayed already on this board, but I was wrong.

edit: No option on KJ's deal! Now the Earth can continue to turn. Things Morey are back to normal.

9. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Wonder if the cap going up so much makes it irrelevant functionally.

Edit: I guess no option after all. Nice.

10. Raven

Raven Member

One less reason for the complainers to complain. Training camp is still months away. Everyone needs to chill and let Morey do his job.

BTW, see my Sig. Told ya! :p

11. malakas

malakas Member

No. He could have the opt out and it would be exactly the same to him (and better) because his rookie max would be at normal levels and not mle anymore.
    Now its like he is signed to a rookie contract of a lottery pick (?) I think.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol only thing that curses Houston is by the time they get the third star regardless of whoever they think he is... one of the two stars on the team either gets hurt, declines cause of age or doesn't play up to the standard their expected for some other random reason. Morey better hurry up.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

There is actually some benefit to KJ McDaniels signing a 3 year deal over a 2 year deal. If he had signed a 2 year deal he would have been restricted at the end of his contract. A 2nd round pick who is a free agent becomes unrestricted if he has been in the league for 4 years unlike a 1st round pick coming off of a rookie scale contract. So at the end of this contract KJ should be fully unrestricted.

14. Airdough

Airdough Member

Yayyy, I jinxed myself. A very good signing at little risk but high reward potential.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Lock her up

16. rurban

rurban Member

Now that KJ signed this incredibly good contract (good for us), we (i.e DH12) theoretically can call up Josh, what's up buddy, we can offer you more now, the full MLE. Better team, more money, you're my best friend, you'll never get a starting spot with the Clippers.
    It happened with DeAndre

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

He already signed and they used part of the MLE to sign McDaniels. People smarter than me can confirm (or deny).

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Josh is already gone. Besides, the part of the MLE left over after signing KJ is less than what the Rockets could, and did, offer Josh via his non-Bird Rights ($2.49M).

What the KJ signing allows the Rockets to do now is to use the $2M-$2.4 or so left (depending on how KJ's deal is structured) from the MLE to sign the likes of Harrell and Alan Williams to deals lasting up to 4 years if they can get the players to agree to such deals with whatever $ amount and guarantee the sides agree to.

1 person likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Maybe we can also sign Jenkins with the leftover. I wish.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

John? Back injured JJ? :confused: