1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG Sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.Dub, Oct 5, 2003.

1. J.Dub

J.Dub Member

Hey guys...

My GF and I were eating over at Avalon Diner on 59 (by Compaq Center). Anyway...JVG was sitting across from us with his wife and little girl. He was looking very laid back, he had on a grey Rockets Basketball long sleeve T shirt with a pair of khaki shorts and running shoes. Here is what he ate...chicken fried steak (gravy all over it, it could kill you on the spot), he also had a shake with his meal for his drink. I didnt notice what his wife and daughter had. I didnt speak to him as it is Sunday and I didnt want to interrupt his meal with his family. He made a call during his dinner and I heard him say happy anniversary to someone and his little girl got on the phone to tell whoever it was she loved them. Then they paid and went and got into their BMW X5 SUV and drove off. I tried to be observant without staring...it is always interesting to see how people like that interact while they are out. In this case...JVG looks like everyones next door neighbor. Anyway...just a little bit on my JVG sighting. He seemed very laid back and easy going...off the court at least.

2. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

isn´t JVG in Galveston?????

3. Man

Man Contributing Member

that's cool. at least he's got spirit with his rockets shirt. do his eyes have big sacs under them? and did anyone else know who he was?

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

BMW SUV.... at least he's not driving around his 83 Honda Civic anymore.... oh wait, that got totaled by the Knicks jet on the tarmac. (it was actually blown afar by the plane's exhaust.)

5. J.Dub

J.Dub Member

Im sure they had today off since it is Sunday...when I played college football we always had Sundays off during two a days. The cashier guys said hes been in twice now.

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

Galveston is like less than 1 hour from Houston man. Texas Geography foo. And today's an offday. So he prolly didn't go to Galveston today.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The Rockets headed back sometime today. They are outta galveston for good until when they go back to practice right before the playoffs. ;)

thanks for sharing. that was cool of you to not approach Van Gundy or stare at him too much.

8. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

PHOTOS??!?!?!??

(just kidding)

That's cool, thanks for the scoop. And I respect that you observed him casually without being intrusive. Classy.

9. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Looks like we have a potential spy on our hands.:)

10. Miggidy Markell

rockHEAD.... calling rockHEAD!!

No photos so it didn't happen! ;)

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No photos = didnt happen.

Didnt rH and myself teach you anything?? Its called Rocket stalking.....

Im kidding of course.... :D

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

pathetic...absolutely pathetic, a real fan would have discreetly stolen some of their food for dna and saliva samples. :mad:

13. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

ok I don´t live in the States so I wouldn´t know how long Galveston is from Houston

14. qrui

qrui Member

is he afraid that nobody will recognize him ... here's another clue ...
    just kidding.:D thanks for sharing.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's funny.

During the summer, the coaching staff meets with all the players: "Look, Moochie, you fat f**k, you gotta ask yourself how badly you want this. Look at yourself, you're a Weeble-Wobble, you're a g**damned Oompa-Loompa. Now get with the program and come to camp in shape. If you show up fat, well, at least with that fat a$$ you won't feel the splinters you'll get from sitting on the bench."

Later, JVG at Landry's: "Uh, waiter, are you a Mavericks fan or something? I distinctly ordered the fried catfish. Someone told me to try the catfish and then I would know if I'm becoming Southern and so I ordered it but grilled? I'm sorry, could you take it back?"

16. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Great, we go from a coach with bladder cancer to a coach who's a heart attack waiting to happen. :)

17. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Yeah JVG said he ate there and at Fuzzy's Pizza.

Fat ass...