1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG should start saying it's my fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hangxy, Mar 16, 2004.

1. hangxy

hangxy Member

A great coach should not always complain his players. It's common sense that encouragement is more effective than discouragement.
    In last night's game, although every player somehow made some mistakes, it's very obvious that we still could have won this game if JVG had called to foul Marion before his triple shooting.
    In the post game press, JVG listed six mistakes plaers made, which, he thought, cased the loss. That's of very low character.
    JVG is a good coach. If he wants to become a great coach, he should start to say "It's my fault."

2. birat

birat Member

I think he's even overdoing that...

3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

I don't think he should foul them since Phoenix ain't a good shooting team. What he should do is ask the players to play tight around the 3 point arc and not let them shoot 3 at all. Doesn't matter if they take the 2. I think that's exactly what Jeff said as he stated in some article, but the players simply lost assignment.

4. CXmoney1221

CXmoney1221 Member

"I'm not trying to make a statement; I'm just saying it's inexcusable," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "I mean, it is. It's inexcusable to coach that way and have your team so utterly just obviously not where they should be. I mean not to have them be able to even guard -- a defensive-supposed team with a defensive-supposed coach. Not to have a guy or me to be able to get us to stop 3-point shots. That's inexcusable from a coaching standpoint. It's excusable."

Read CAREFULLY who he is blaming.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is blaming himself, but in reality it is the players, and THEY know it.

DD

6. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Don't underestimate the power of guilt.
    Guilt is a great motivator.

:D

theSAGE