1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG should be fired!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ced, Nov 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Let me ask a random question (I hate Van Gundy) that I've had for a while now:

Why is Bobby Sura the savior of this team (I hate Van Gundy)? Everyone's saying, "Wait till Sura comes back, he'll change everything." WHY? He's a SG converted PG, can't hit the 3...why is he the man that will turn the Rockets around?

(I hate Van Gundy...that should make this post relevant to the thread...)

2. Charvo

Charvo Member

Phil Jackson is into zen and the Eastern culture. I have no doubts he would connect with Yao way more than JVG does.

Phil Jackson has coached a dominant wing player with a very good wing player to 6 championships. Phil Jackson has coached a dominant wing player with a dominant inside presence to 3 championships. This guy has got the playbook to absolutely raise the level of play for the Rockets.

The fact that Phil is contacting teams means he wants to get back into coaching after this season. Time is short. If Les hires Phil Jackson, he will see his money come back to him in increased season ticket purchases. He will also fill the seats with a known star at coach. It's one thing to see boring basketball. It's another to see boring basketball and seeing them lose.

3. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

totally agree with you BUT i dont see van grumpy's contract being bought out.

4. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I liked the Van Gundy hire and as far as the x's and o' I like him.
    The defense is a good system and the half court offense if fine when executed.

But I am tired after 9 games of seeing Yao misused!!!

And I think it is the coach.

Yao gets his points in spite of an ineptness to run the offense through him. Yao is the real deal and the offense should run through him.

Last night, he got two touches out of the last 11 possessions and scored once.

Over and over he battles for position and the pg (both of them) don't get the entry pass to him. And that should be top priority to correct by the coach. I don't like that Van Gundy IS underutilizing Yao.

It is his fault that Yao is not playing more minutes and we are not forcing the offense through his hands. Yao was on fire last night and this team for the last 6 min. of the 4th qtr. could only get it in his hands twice. That is unexcusable.

The next time a pg dribbles up to the circle and Yao has any kind of position and the pg doesn't attempt an entry pass, timeout should be called and just put the pg on the bench. It has gotten ridiculous.

The Hawks had no answer for Yao.

Who cares if he misses two or three shots in a row, keep feeding him until they are double and triple teaming him.

I am tired of JJ, Lue, Ward and pick a PF trying to take a shot with the clock running down.

Let Yao and Tmac keep shooting, they will get the others involved.

This team has it ***backwards the role players are trying to let the stars in on the offense. Baloney.

If JVG can't get on Ward, Lue, JJ and MoTay and let them know who the horses are out there....

I am so frustrated. I was at the LA game, and saw the NJ game and the Hawk game and its been the same song each night. In fact all 9 games one thing has been consistant with the Rockets, Yao fights for position for nothing. He could have had 36 pts. last night and we would have won and become a better team.

Van Gundy I want to believe in you, but let me tell you how I will feel if Yao signs elsewhere solely because of you.

Can't say it here.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Phil Jackson is a pretender and wannabe when it comes to zen and eastern culture. I don't know whether Yao is into philosophy all that much or not. But I have no doubt that he would see through Phil Jackson's guise pretty well. Maybe Phil would be able to snow him though.

6. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

One guy that I think will be a very good coach is Avery Johnson... he knows the importance of defense, a good big man, and good point guard play. Plus he is a good communicator and solid character guy. I think he is an assistant with Dallas.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

This is the best post I have seen on ClutchFans in a looooong time. You hit the nail on the head Rhester.....Yao scores 20+ points and is on fire and we can't get him the ball in the 4th quarter? He should have had 36 easily.

A couple of other quick points...

1. When we acquired TMAC, I distinctly remember all of the major posters on this board saying that it would take some time for this team to gel and that this move wasn't for this year. What's up with the "looking for your keys in the street light" crap? What other players were available that we "failed" to get? Why are we trying to blame CD because the ball wasn't shoved down Yao's throat the entire game?
    2. Is it possible that VG's offense is too complicated? I have heard it several times by several different people that he runs a very sophisticated offense. Is it too sophisticated?

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

The difference is that with Rudy and Steve, everyone sort of knew we were going to be a middle of the road team. The talent was just not there. But now, with Yao and TMac, if we're 4-5, then there's only one guy to blame. :(

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

excuse me, but I don't remember any relevant polls saying the majority of rockets fans are so unhappy with JCG they want him fired.

10. jscmedia

I meant JVG of course. How bout holding off on this nonsense taLK until the end of the season?

11. jscmedia

and Yao, well he looked brilliant, that is until someone actually stood in front of him. I am not impressed with his third year lack of grit, he better get it going.

12. Toast

Toast Member

Think the Lakers will trade us Rudy T for JVG? ;)

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Depends on whether the team won or lost the game the night before.

Didn't you know that a 4-5 record = the end of the world:rolleyes:

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

What if we threw in Ryan Bowen to even things out.

15. RocketsFAN3035

Yeah, the Pistons had the same problem, they went and got a go to guy, had a ballanced attack, won games and a championship.
    I don't remember ever watching them and saying "Wow, they have such a good looking offenisve attack. That must be how they win games."

My point?

IT TOOK TIME.............CHILL!!!

let the guy do his job, for at least this season before we call for his head (unless ofcourse he goes on a 19 game losing streak).

we have 9 (count 'em) new guys on our Roster. They need time to mesh (the lockout season Knicks anyone??)

And by the way...........Dallas and Sacto have yet to do anything with thier stategey of "we-can't-play-d-so-we'll-just-try-and-outscore-you" attack.

I hate these threads of "Fire the coach because we lost a game" crap

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We've played 9 games, 9!!!!! Van Gundy is a great coach, many teams would be lucky to have him. He's never missed the playoff is his entire coaching career. When we've played 25 games, and we are still playing like ****, then you can talk. Meanwhile, please don't start the "JVG should be fired" threads this early; it's really annoying and childish.

If you want to point the finger at someone, ask CD why we didn't get a halfway decent pg in the off-season. Or ask Yao why he has been playing like a girl, or why T-Mac has such poor shot selection.

The MVPs of our team thus far are Mo-T and Jimmy J. That is what's wrong with our team. Our super-stars are not playing up to their potential.

However, with that said, it's a new team. They need time to adjust to eachother. Please don't say the sky is falling after 9 games.

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

But, does Les have a daughter to attract PJ over?;)

18. GRENDEL

Oh but they will and have, just look at this waste land of a thread.

No need to play the rest of the season, let just end it now.:rolleyes:

19. GRENDEL

Now that's funny

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Up until here, I was like wow it's a good post. But this part ruins it.