1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: I'm tired of reading that he's tired

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

um... if you people will re-read the article, you will see that JVG is talking about the media sayin Yao is tired - not Yao.

he is tired of HEARING (and being asked about) Yao being tired - not from Yoa but from reporters.

you low basketball IQ, reactionary, angrey BBS-posting freaks need to take a deep breath and use your heads

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

`I'm tired of reading that he's tired.

3. Willis25

you caught me - I haven't paid yet so I can't edit

4. Juugie

Juugie Member

Van Gundy should have kept it all internal - just like how he's doing with Cato.

He was wrong for calling Steve out during the Super Bowl incident and he's wrong now.

He could have said Steve was suspended for breaking a team rule. End of discussion.

He could have said "No Comment." to the questions about Yao being tired and it would all be over.

But he's always been known to be a jerk so what should you expect?

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Letting people have an excuse gives them a reason to fail. Smart word's by JVG. Hopefully, this will push Yao a little harder in the playoffs.

6. Willis25

again - he was criticizing the reporters NOT Yao

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I know, but if Yao keeps hearing that he's tired from the media it gives him an excuse.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Jesus. If you're thinking of coming to play for Van Gundy, you'd better really want a championship. 'Cause you sure ain't gettin' love.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Maybe Yao's the kind of guy who responds to this kind of stuff. Maybe JVG figuresd Yao really needs to view himself as the key to the offense serisouly. I dunno, I have to say I am a little confused about the strategy too. It seems to contradict some earlier stuff

10. Willis25

I am a big Yao fan (but not a YOF) if Yao needs an excuse from the media (or from ANYWHERE) for sub-par play, then the Rox are in serious trouble and he is going to have a tough career.

JVG is a coach, not a parent - he wants the best from his players. Look - we all all used to Rudy who was so laid back - but JVG has his own style and I think that his players WILL respond to it. He may seem bad now, but once players get on board and do their jobs, he willget their backs (including in on-the-court fights... remember Zo !)

his former Knick players loved him and give their all for him - the Rox just need to buy into the program (and so do the Rox fans) because like it or not, it took a lot to get him here so he isn't going anywhere soon

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I think we can solve all this tired crap if Yao just stops being a celebrity in the off-season and just gets some damn sleep. About 12 hours per day for 3 months. Use the other 12 to work on his game.

But no damn Chinese parades. No damn China National Team crap.

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

What JVG meant is great players play through everything.

When reporters ask all kinds of questions about the fatigue, I am afraid that could give Yao the implication: Oh, it is already the end of season, last year this time I already packed my stuff and go back to China, I already played the whole 82 games and I am tired, tired, tired.

Believe me, those kind of psychology affect his performance, makes him feels more tired.

I think both JVG and Yao said is right, if you are a great player, you have to play through everything, don't even think about the fatigue.

Kobe may be a rapist, but he is no doubt a great great player, because nobody can play like he does after so many things.

13. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

How many employee consistently give 110% to bosses that give no love? Zero.

If JVG gives Yao any doubt of playing his whole career here, Les will have JVG's head.

14. Nautic

Nautic Member

Yes, right, Yao should have said "No, I am not tired at all." when the reporter asked him if he was tired after a brutal game where he got smashed all over his body without getting any calls.

15. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

well nobody else in the nba plays 4 STRAIGHT years of basketball..no summer vacation either..geez....give him a break...it's all the chinese government fault..if i were them i would let the guy rest so he can do well in the nba and bring pride to them..but NOOOOOOOO

16. AGBee

AGBee Member

So basically Yao can never succeed due to his year long schedule.

Great.

17. uac

uac Contributing Member

There is a big difference between you and others.

They criticize Yao because,

They wish him success.

You wish him fail.

18. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I think you are wrong that Yao seeks out celebrity status. The things that he has done is for his country & the Rockets.

By your standard, no NBA players should go to the National games or the Olympics.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Is hibernation an option in China.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

JVG should never be accused of having a personality.