1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

JVG: Houston Rockets are my pick to win the title

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by impressivegol, Apr 17, 2014.

1. scottie brooks

That's a great idea! I don't see Bill retiring anytime soon tho.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

JVG can't coach again for a reason. Man is Houston Homer and kind of delusional. He's said that every single year since he's left Rox. LOL but you gotta love him.

3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

JVG's impact defensively for this team would be something similar to Avery Johnson's impact on the Dallas Mavericks. The Mavs went from a team that won mainly outscoring opponents to a team that played well on both ends.

I do wish JVG was a commentator for our games instead of Clyde though..

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I wish they use JVG as the commentator for NBA2K14 instead of the same dry commentary by Steve Kerr every year. IT's getting annoying.

5. RCPM

RCPM Member

You know he is right.

6. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

JVG to Morey: If McHale doesn't win the Championship this year, in which he should be, sack him!

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I wish JVG can work somewhere with the Rockets. This man is a Rockets fan at heart. Love it.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG is just trying to get in good. He's so funny. He knows we're not winning the championship.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets should hire the Van Gundy Brothers under a job share program. Each of them should coach the Rockets for half a season. While one coaches, the other one does commentary on the TV broadcast.

Not that CSNH can afford to pay a lead national TV guy his market rate! though. They cannot even afford to pay Howard Chen.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I find JVG's homerism slightly annoying. He is a smart guy, why not give an honest opinion

1 person likes this.
  11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Why couldn't that be his honest opinion?

We can take Portland and San Antonio. Who's to say we don't get hot at the right time and win a series vs OKC?

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

GJVG!

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not happening because JVG's allure is his lack of being PC, which you can't put in a video game. But can you imagine how hilarious it would be to hear all his rants while playing a game. Just imagine a 3 minute rant on Dwight Howard not giving his all when he played for the Lakers after every FT he shoots.

14. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

Just wondering... If we do end up making it to the finals (a man can dream) and playing Miami (who were tied with and split the season series 1:1), who would end up with home court advantage? I'm sure it's been posted somewhere on here, but I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

15. SportsWorld

SportsWorld Member

The Astros have a better chance at not losing 100 games

16. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

If JVG is still able to insert his theory of defense into this team now, I would like to let him take the place of McHale even we will lose maybe 7 or 8 pts of the average points getting per game.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if you are making an argument for who will win the title, 'they might get hot' makes no sense. We are not the only team capable of randomly starting to play better (are the Warriors not capable of getting hot?).

18. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

Miami will get the advantage since their record in east conference is 34-18 while ours in west conference is 31-21.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think it's the team's record against the opposite conference..

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep. Rockets would have home court against Miami.