1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, i'm not even corresponding with edc and i can tell he's being an ass. he can't win the argument b/c JVG has been winning so much so he goes with the "i know you are but what am i" whining.

anyone notice that the only JVG hater in this thread now is EDC? with the occasional W-mac appearance, no one's really b****ing. must be b/c they're "busy". :rolleyes:

#321 macalu, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. edc

edc Contributing Member

I've responded to the "who other than Mr. Van Gundy" question on many occasions. Perhaps if you read the forum more carefully, you might have seen them.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

nice answer. i know that i personally remember and read all of your posts. you really are that vital and important to this forum

4. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

Yeah, I've noticed that the whole place has calmed down now that the Rockets are playing well. A lot of the haters have all together disappeared, but rest assured they'll be back if we start losing, or when we lose a playoff series to point all the fingers that they used to point.

This thread cracks me up, because while I'm not a big fan of JVG's style of basketball, or some of the decisions he makes, to say he's a terrible coach is just being completely misinformed. The guy, from his first year as the Rockets coach, has done surprising things with this team. His first year he takes us to the playoffs- our team was TERRIBLE that year. And we still actually competed a bit against the Lakers. I think he is a great coach, and come playoff time, he will make our team a dangerous foe to anybody that plays against us- I can't wait to see it.

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

LOL!

The Brooklyn Bridge isn't cheap, stupid! And how can it be sold? Do you own it? I don't remember Bloomberg offering it up at auction or anything like that.

Do you know something that we don't know here in the City?

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

I heard about it from the same source that GUARANTEED that Mr. Van Gundy was entirely responsible for the "Rowdies" campaign, so there can be no doubt of the veracity of either statement.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I can't believe you guys are duped by this EDC character. If you don't already know this, he's a representative for Van Gundy who's being paid to fool everyone on here. Like it isn't obvious that JVG is a glutton for punishment- the guy lives to see the dark side, so it's not surprising that he has someone doing this on his behalf. Just knowing that there are people are out there who praise him for the good job he is doing this year is too much for him.

Hence, EDC in the guise of a "Van Gundy hater." It's all a sham, and the sooner you cats get wise to that, the sooner we can have meaningful discussions about the coach's performance. You can't argue with someone who's obviously being paid to present a devil's advocate view of our coach.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

edc...respond to any of these points....or just ignore them again.

and please enlighten us again who would be a better availble coach since we are not scholars on all of your posts.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He already said he mentioned this before in some thread at some point. Damn you for not reading every word he types. He is pretty much the central nervous system of this MB. :rolleyes:

10. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

I'm not busy, and I dont consider myself to be a "JVG hater". I have a strong competitive spirit, and im not content on where we are right now. Anyone that is competitive always wants to be better.

Do I think JVG makes some stupid decisions sometimes? Yes. Still curious as to why a big wing player like Snyder cant see the court at all. People on here b**** all the time that we cant match-up with teams like Dallas and Phoenix, but I disagree with that. I think he gives Rafer too much freedom. He's our point guard and should NEVER come close to 20 shots a game...he's getting better lately though.

Do I think JVG is a good coach? Yes. Even without Yao, this team has shown it can hang with most teams in the NBA. I'm curious what JVG will do when Yao comes back. If Bonzi's PT is cut in half just because his game is in the post then I think thats a mistake. Maybe Bonzi will be playing some minutes at the 4 and 2/3 and Chuck Hayes' PT will go down. After all, Bonzi and Hayes are about the same size, yet Bonzi can do more offensively.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Doesn't make it right, though. In either case.

Recant! Or I will call the Mayors Office downtown and have you investigated!

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

Perhaps, perhaps not. However, they would seem to be equally truthful statements.

You can call whichever mayor of whatever city you wish, but all I said was that I heard that there was a bridge in Brooklyn available for sale cheap. I've also heard about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Some people will believe anything, even that the "Rowdies" was a brainstorm of Mr. Van Gundy one dark and stormy night.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know whats funnier, the typical edc garbage being debunked as the Rockets keep winning, or the fact that you actually quote John Lopez as a basketball authority in your signature.

Because he hurt his hand, wasn't that great when he was healthy, and the minutes at the 2-3 spot are already spread thinly for Wells, Battier, McGrady and Head. Not really hard to figure out.

14. edc

edc Contributing Member

Once again, no idea who this mythical "we" you are writing about is.

In the NBA, "Margin of Victory" is an easily padded stat.

15. Pocket Rockets

so why are there only 4 teams with +5 margin, all top teams

16. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Not that great? How "great" was he supposed to be when he was basically the 5th option behind Yao, Mac, Battier and Rafer? I've seen every game except for a handful, and he wasnt bad at all. He is quick, can play D, a great slasher, and most importantly he is a BIG guard. Just because he hurt his hand...is that supposed to mean he's not in shape anymore?

Dont ever b**** again when we play Dallas and Phoenix about how we cant match up with them. We CAN, but JVG chooses not to for whatever reason.

Bonzi and Battier can move up and play the 4 to spread the PT. IMO, it comes down to Hayes or Snyder getting playing tme....I'd go with Snyder.

Rafer/Luther/McGrady
    McGrady/Snyder
    Battier/Wells/Snyder
    Howard/Battier/Wells
    Yao/Deke/Howard

#336 W-Mac, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  17. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

There is a sign posted all over the city that says "IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING."

Now, if you heard that the Bridge was available and you heard that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq...

"IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!"

If you heard all of this, be a true American! Notify the proper authorities and stop saying that you hear this and hear that!!!

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

And do you wanna know why? Cuz the Coach is trying to get himself fired because he wants to come home.

But the ****ing players are not on board with his plan!

Wait! He can quit! He did it before and he should do it again!!

Then....Phil Jackson for coach!...thanks alot Le$. :(

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

we all know you are a complete joke but can you ignore the 'we' and address the points. of course not because you are a joke.

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Per the official Rockets site:
    link

Is that not proof enough? I'm sure Mr. Van Gundy wasn't 100% responsible for the Red Rowdies, but to imply that he did nothing more than sign off on the idea and take all the credit is both ridiculous and insulting.

Oh, but maybe you're right. Perhaps there IS a massive cover-up conspiracy going on within Rockets management to ensure that Mr. Van Gundy gets all the credit for the formation of the Rowdies. Heck, the Chronicle and ESPN must be involved as well! Hey, perhaps even the Pentagon! Quick! Put on the tinfoil hats! It'll shield your mind from the subliminal messages Kenny Smith broadcasts during NBA telecasts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.