1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

and this is a lie BECAUSE???? -- he was the one who paid for the damn seats!
    and his idea :eek:

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

You are paid by Le$ Alexander? Otherwise, "we" is not an appropriate pronoun to use when describing the Houston Rockets.

As to the offensive stats, spin all you wish, but those numbers aren't lying.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

surprised you haven't jumped off that bridge yet.

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Sure he did. Al Gore invented the internet too.

5. SWTsig

as i fraternity brother of mine would say:

you're a ****-eating d*ck in the ass.

yeah... that sums you up nicely.

6. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

ok why in the world would this be a lie???? - its a fact... i guess u dont know much about the rockets as YOU think

I mean i dont want to start trouble cause ur a rockets fan and stuff like that but i just dont understand why u say its a lie??? :confused:

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Regardless of what one thinks of Van Gundy as a coach, you're simply being an ass. And that doesn't take Rockets Science to figure out.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If they ever rename themselves the "Alexander Rockets", I'll keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you citing our rank in PPG and FG% is a lie; I'm saying your implication that we're a bottom 10 team offensively is very misleading.

To illustrate how misleading PPG and FG% as indicators of offense: Dallas is only 9th in PPG, and 13th in FG%. No one in their right mind who knows anything about basketball would say Dallas is ranked in the 9-13 range on offense. They are obviously much better than that. But because they play at a slow pace, and because they take a bunch of threes, those numbers severely underestimate them.

9. SWTsig

we all know edc isn't going to respond to this.

excellent post nonetheless.

10. edc

edc Contributing Member

Believe it if you wish.

There is no evidence the "Red Rowdies" are any more than an organization-sponsored section that Mr. Van Gundy judged, loaned his name to, and might or might not have contributed some funds toward establishing.

There is at least as much evidence pointing towards Al Gore's role in the establishment of the internet as we know it.

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

Uh-huh. Just how close did the city of Houston come to no longer being the home of the Rockets?

12. SWTsig

ignored the 2nd part of his post, huh?

BIG shocker.

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

Sorry, no.

The Phoenix Suns, who most would acknowledge as the "best offensive team in the league" are first in PPG, and first in FG%.

NO/OKL, who most would acknowledge as the "worst offensive team in the league" are last in PPG, and last in FG%.

#313 edc, Feb 6, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  14. SWTsig

this just in:

we're not the best offensive team in the league.

and besides, you just made his point for him.... the suns play the fastest pace also.

i just dont understand it.... for all intents and purposes, you're a troll on this board. end of story. you even being a rockets fan is questionable at best. yet here you are, not banned....

i find it odd.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Phoenix is also first in points per possession, and NOK is last in points per possession. Your examples prove nothing.

If Phoenix played at a much slower pace but retained the exact same offensive efficiency per possession, they wouldn't be any worse an offensive team. Yet they would score less per game. And FG% is ridiculously simplistic -- doesn't even take into account threes and free throws.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

can you be more of a baby? I would use another B word but we will keep it civil.

and yes I said 'WE'....deal with it and address my points rather than side stepping the issues. if you want to bring up ppg and fg% then that's great but you need to compare apples to apples. that's why I brought up margin of victory where we are one of the most dominant teams in the league. can you deny that it is a closer metric of how tough a team is to beat?

further, you have to acknowledge that missing your leading FG% player/franchise double team drawing center will hurt team FG%. I am certainly not saying we would be at the top but we would certainly be higher.

also, you never answered who the rockets should get to replace van gundy. you never took a second glance at the accomplishments that the rockets have achieved under van gundy while yao has been out. we have a strong chance to overtake SA and I believe that would put us in the #3 spot. I could be mistaken. anyhow can you at least admit that if we take the #3 spot with yao being out for this long then that would be nothing less than spectacular?

yes I know playoff success is all that matters but van gundy is putting the rockets in the position to have that success by having them at the level they are playing now. we don't know we shouldn't be playing this well. that is all a credit to van gundy who won't allow rockets to think like losers...unlike the team in memphis we played tonight.

I will stop ranting for now...

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Guys, ignore the froot loop. He's inhaling the attention. He will pick out what he wants to reply to and ignore the rest.

Please don't feed the animal.

The only stat that matters is winning and losing. Rockets have the 5th best record in the NBA. There is no answer to that fact.

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Interesting. Edc has graduated from "resident idiot" to "full blown troll" in a matter of hours.

19. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Nah, according to my ignore list he's been a troll for many years. He just shows his colors more obviously on occasion.

20. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Not going to respond to my post?

Oh right, that's because you can't!!
    HAHA :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.