1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Juwan Howard Injures Knee (UPDATE: Out 4 weeks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

Well hopefully Juwan's not hurt. He's really important and wow he did a great job today.
    But yeah first thing I thought positive was maybe Vin Baker can surprise us and contribute well like everyone else has..but uhh then I remember seeing him get 4 fouls in garbage time :p

I also thought..after Wesley made free throws..what if Moochie had to shoot those 4 free throws. lol

Yeah I think Padgett Spoon get time..maybe Baker. Depends on matchups. Maybe Yao and Mutombo! haha Deke wanted to stay in with Yao tonight :p

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They're calling it a sprained right knee. How long do players usually need to rest to heal from that type of injury?

Fortunately for the Rockets, they've gotten through the toughest part of their schedule this month. They'll miss Juwan, but as long as he's not out too long(i.e. Brad Miller type of injury), they'll survive.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Deke and Yao will form the Slowest frontcourt in sometime.... Padgett will be the first choice now.

4. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

We are screwed if Juwan is out.

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah Padgett agree.

But haha Yao and Deke..would be really tall lol :) It'd be fun for 1 minute or 2..

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

If its a sprained knee, I think a few weeks is sufficient. The way he got hit though, I'm worried that he suffered a posterior collateral ligament tear. In that case, he's out for the season.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I'll say one thing, Deke and yao will own the boards.

8. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

Let's pray that's not the case.

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If howards out for the season, then Spoon and padgett better be ready to play big minutes now!. god help us!

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They would have been able to rule that out in the locker-room by performing a drawer-sign test (medical lingo).

That's why its initially labeled just a "sprain"... but an MRI could show damage to either the patella tendon, or his menisci (Clyde Drexler's injury).

11. roxy

roxy Member

SP will start
    Yao and Deke will have more mins

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think Padgett will start. with spoon getting more minutes behind him. i just dont see baker being a factor at all!

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

That injury looked a lot worse than just a sprained knee. Usually with a knee injury you can look at the player's facial expression and gauge from his anguish just how bad it may be. Juwan looked like he needed a tub full of morphine.

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

That first round pick and Mo Taylor for PJ Brown is looking real good right about now.

15. Man

Man Contributing Member

lol I love when threads are merged.

Anyways, does anyone know how long players are out with sprained knees? A few weeks?

We really need him. Before the season..I loved Howard cuz I knew he was a good offensive player..and yeah a little disappointed at first..but now the team's become a true team and he's fitting in so well.

We really need him..cuz Padgett and Baker and Spoon aren't exactly the best. I think they can manage to be decent as a trio..but they haven't played significant major minutes..and can't rely on them to do much. And we need a power forward to help. I think they can though if we continue to play well and everyone plays with 150% effort and focus and everything else that helps to win.

16. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

don't . . .

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Hindsight is a Wonderfull thing ha?

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

He had lot of pain on the floor. Had to be helped out by Bowen and Baker. Looks pretty bad. Man I hate those warriors, they are playing for nothing. It's going to be tough with JHO.

19. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I can't believe they called that foul a block on James. Exactly how squared up to the opponent do you have to be, and how hard do you have to get barrelled over to get that call? And then our starting PF gets injured as a result. What a kick to the teeth.

20. tituspan

tituspan Contributing Member

Now it's a chance to see if Howard's been a big part of the team. I believe he's underrated as a PF on this team. And besides him, we don't really have that many big bodies at that spot.