1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Juwan Howard Appreciation Thread!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Feb 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shawn,

I know Juwan has 'stepped up', but what did you think? he would step down? How bad can you get a PF spot? He and Mo Taylor were playing who could be the most overrated Michigan PF in the history of the universe.

I'm glad he 'stepped up'....from bad player to average player who can hit open 15 footers.

You know who's 'stepped up'??? SCOTT PADGET!!!

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I'm gonna agree with baller4life315 and dconover.

Thank you Juwan Howard.

Tinman, let it go.

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Please name one team in the league who throws 20 million onto the 4 and still come up with the weakest PF in the league. 20 million can give us Duncan or Garnett. With a border line all star 4 we can compete for the title even this year.

As such, I cannot say that I truly appreciate JH. he might play hard for a while on the court but that does not hide the fact that he sucks.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tinman,

Your hatred is showing through.

J-Ho has been a nice PF for the Rockets....not great, but steady.

It is no coincidence that the team got better when J-Ho started getting more minutes.

DD

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Actually, I think it all started when Padgett started getting more minutes and when MoT went the bench coincidentally. ;)

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hey tinman,

Well at the start of the season I think I was one of the manny people who joined you in J. Howards BASHING! I mean he sucked & he sucked pretty darn bad BUT even YOU can see he's found his grovvee with this team.

J. Howard has been grabbing rebounds and scoring in double figures what more can we ask of that position? I think he is doing a NICE job! & Scotty "The Body" is the man!

7. tinman

Supporting Member

DaDakota,

WRONG. The team got better because:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Mo Taylor has had the flu for 2 months.

DaDakota, if you were a ugly girl and hung around the good looking girls, some guys would think you look good cause you hang around the good looking girls.

J-Ho still pisses me off with his bad defense and HORRIBLE SHOT selection in crunch time. I have admited he's gotten better on his rebounding and hitting that OPEN 15 footer.

Im pretty sure the Rockets will upgrade the PF in the off season. For now at least Juwan is getting more rebounds on some nights than Bobby Sura. Im happy.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Props to Juwan. Down with the haters.
    The team definitely got better when Juwan got the starting job and I remember as many games that he was the difference maker in the win as Scott Padgett was.

He is a model NBA citizen and he knows his role. He is not a ball hog, when he is on fire he shoots, when he is not he doesn't. He did start off slowly but he is definitely part of the chemistry of this team and a definite plus for the team.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Please watch some Rockets games.
    Not a Ball Hog?? How many assists does he have a game?
    Did we win because Juwan was a starter or did we win when Bobby Sura started and when we got Barry and that big eared dude from the hornets?

Hey the Bulls won 3 championships with BJ Armstrong , Bill Cartright and Craig Hodges. Do I want any of those scrubs on my team? no.

Is Juwan Howard starting the main reason why we are winning? HELL NO. If you think that is the reason, and not think that the trade and JVG's coaching is the true reason then you must be on a BRAILE KEYBOARD.

PLease watch some more Rockets games!!! Juwan was such a huge ball hog earlier, he still is a hog now. Why did Van Gundy bench him earlier in the year?? I think he didn't know his role..

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I'll join you in thanking Juwon for not sucking too much. But some people on this board think he's the second coming of CHarles Barkley or Otis Thorpe. Juwan's not even the second coming of Carl Herrera. I thank Juwan for stepping up. He's like Earl Cureton or Charles Jones or maybe Chucky Brown.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well this is a HUGEEE jump for you! I think this is the first time you have ever even come close to complementing J. Howard & im sure everyone on the board will agree :D

#31 shawn786, Feb 8, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  12. adai

adai Member

Let's trade Howard when his stock is high. Mo can take over his role. Although everyone prefer to trade Mo, but it is just impossible now.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Assists, he's a PF so what. He has led the team in RBs in 9 games this year, his 29 points in Dallas was big in winning that game, his 20 points in Memphis were huge in that win. Check his shots per game, he routinely attempts less than 10 per.

That big eared dude's name is David Wesley.

I didn't say we were winning because he is starting, I said we were better with him starting and I think JVG thinks the same thing because he still gets the bulk of the minutes at PF.

If we could win 3 championships with scrubs like Juwan, yes I would want him/them on the team.

How many Rox games have you watched, I have seen all 49.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

What about that Emimen looking guy?
    What about the dude who looks like Perfect Strangers?
    What about the dude who's eyes are staring in opposite directions?
    What about the dude who looks like he's Chinese?
    What about that dude on the bench who looks like he came out of American History X?
    What about that coach that looks like one of the generals from Planet of the Apes?

How did you watch 49 games? Do they have NBA League Pass in braile?

Im saying you are giving Juwan way too much credit. Just thank him for his rebounding. But cause he's in the lineup and we're suddenly Hakeem and Otis. I dont think so. Apparently you missed the Lakers game where Juwan single handedly hogged the ball so the Lakers came back. Where was his D on Odom? Where was his D on Nowitski when he dropped 50pts?? What about when Yao gets dunked on by Stromile Swift or anyone else? Who's suppose to rotate? Bobby Sura?

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Loving Howard's play as of lately.

Thanks J-How. Keep grabbing dem boards!

16. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

I would start a tread titled "The Tinman Appreciation Thread!!" but I am sure that it would be locked in no time.

Tinman... for every smart, thoughtful post you seem to make it follow it up with ten "clueless" posts.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

DCON,

I'm happy you enjoy my posts!
    thanks for helping me clean up the attic.
    [​IMG]

18. dconover

dconover Contributing Member

Tinman...
    1691 post and counting of sometimes witty but mostly negative crap!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude,
    Im all positive. How much have I praised Vernon Maxwell?
    Nuff said.

20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Agreed. He's pics are funney though :D