1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin Bieber is Getting Roasted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by J Sizzle, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Actually, Pete Davidson (snl kid) was on Artie Lange's podcast recently and they talked about the ludacris/paul walker joke. Pete mentioned the 9/11 joke and said he was perfectly fine with it. Because hes a comic and understands the territory that comes with a roast. Paul Walker was famous and Pete's dad is not so thats probably why they took it out.

Speaking of Ludacris, did he not know what was going to happen? He hardly laughed at any of the jokes about himself and looked like he forced some fake laughs whenever he did laugh.

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i didnt catch the very end...but it was pretty meh roast imo.

why shaq/luda/martha? makes no sense. just stick with comedians...people will still watch.

schumer has been on in the past, jeselnik. both would have killed it. granted maybe both said nah...but go get comedians.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

There hasn't been a real "roast" since Greg Giraldo died. Everything now is just a giant circlejerk.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CBHsyyB-GO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. ds888

ds888 Contributing Member

No love for "Justin's *ss is like a movie ticket because it was ripped apart by an Usher"? Thought that was one of the best lines.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I thought Leggero was the only one who killed. Martha was pretty good as a wildcard. Ross was strong. Burress, the SNL kid were pretty good.

Snoop was average.

Shaq, Luda, D'elia or whatever his name was were all bad.

Score card:

Leggero A- (Nearly flawless)
    Ross B (Strong, but not his best)
    Martha B- (She did pretty well for a wild card)
    SNL kid B- (Opened up pretty well)
    Burress C+ (Only because he actually went after Biebs)
    Snoop C (It was ok)
    Burgandy C (Could have been better)
    D'Elia D+ (meh)
    Shaq D+ (Jokes were bad, delivery not good)
    Ludacris D (Jokes were bad, personality bland, only reason he doesn't get a lower grade is because The Situation set the bar so low.)

Actually thought Kevin Hart calling out Snoop for lumping him in with "us people" was pretty hilarious.

6. newAge_Rockets

Leggero and Ross were really good. I thought Kevin Hart was funny. Shaq sucked during his routine, but he was a pretty nice prop for some killer jokes from the other comedians. D'Elia tried to hard and flopped. Ludacris told jokes that weren't funny in 6th grade. And snoop, well he did about as well as you'd expect him too.

And I hated the Ron Burgundy thing. Not funny at all.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There are a few of us on this board (I'm specifically looking at you Deckard and B-Bob) who remember the Dean Martin celebrity roasts. Much better than anything nowadays and celebrities had no qualms about being roasted. For a list, click here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dean_Martin_Celebrity_Roast

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Some of you people are so old. "Back in my day we knew how to roast, we walked 15 miles uphill both ways and then flogged the roastee. Women and minorities weren't allowed to show up, yada yada yada"...

It was funny for the most part. I think what I was impressed by is that the Biebs seemed to be loving the entire thing. I hate his music, and I'm not fond of him personally, but I have to say this thing did a lot to make me see him in a different light. Also, we get it, Kevin Hart is short, come up with some new jokes.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, he was getting attention so I'm sure he was loving it. I don't really think he cares what type of attention he gets so long as he gets it.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I feel like it was 50% sincere, 50% PR. His speech at the end sounded really sincere to me, maybe it was all smoke.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch it...I don't know, but I did hear David Arquette's story on Howard about how he flicked a bottle cap at the back of his head for no reason at an after party. Granted the story is from a kooky person.