1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justified on FX

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Mar 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Of all reasonable, possible endings, this one would have been the one to make me mad.

As it was, I liked the way it ended. Too often, writer's feel they have to have some big, splashy finish. The subtlety of last night's ending was brilliant.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He did it on his own. Doesn't fit the style of the Marshall's office to all of a sudden acquiesce to something against policy to that great of an extent.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

A very good season and fitting end to this series. I binge watched the whole season over two days, watched 9 episodes yesterday.

As usual, dialogue was on point. Good one-liners from all the characters and perfect deliveries. Smart, witty, and reasonable doubt. The season started with a great heist by Boyd but I thought the mercs as an early season villain were pretty weak. Choo-choo was great, loved his lines (eg "You got Amtraked"), he was like a Shaq equivalent.

There was decent suspense and story in the beginning half. It was enjoyable enough to keep watching episode after episode, but I didn't feel that need to see the next one until Boyd got the money and Ava double crossed him. That was when it really picked up.

Fitting end to all the characters, too. I loved the Mikey-Wynn conflict, you could see the gears in Mikey's brain shift as Katherine gave that speech about avenging your partner. Ava getting away was a bit convenient, and also in the manner she got caught, you'd think a fugitive would stay out of public pictures. I'm a bit conflicted on her ending because she should get what she deserves, but I guess it was all very feel good and I'm happy with that.

It's a shame this show is over. I think this show could've done well on network TV because of the acting and the script works well with for an episodic show, plus all of Leonard's short stories. But I'm also glad it was on cable and could do season-long arcs that tell great storylines.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ava deserved to get away and live a life free of the criminals in Harlan County. She didn't mean to be in the picture, it sounded like she had no idea a picture was taken.

5. Duncan McDonuts

While that wasn't her life prior to the show, she sure did a lot of criminal activity and deserved it in the end. It is a bit poetic that everyone ended back where it all began, sort of. And while she didn't know she would be featured in a news column, she was pretty much front and center and staring at the camera in the pic. It's one of those details that doesn't quite add up. Maybe the show could've put her more in the background but that would've been hard for viewers to recognize in the brief clip, so I understand the notion. I know it's a nit pick but I'm still happy with how it happened.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Winona went from Herman's Head to Iron Eagle.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It would have been cool if they could have done a spinoff with the ex-sniper, they did a good job developing the character without too much screen time.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I liked the finale, but am confused what they actually convicted Boyd of doing that made him go to jail?

Also, it's just weird that when they were at the barn, Raylan seemed like he really, really wanted to kill Boyd.. but then at the prison, they're like best friends.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Aggravated or attempted robbery, multiple counts of murder, accessory to kidnapping.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They dug coal together. That's been their dynamic the entire series.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, the actor and writing really made the character shine.

Better Call Tim?

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget 52 Pick Up. One of my favorites. Actually they're all good.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I could've easily said "everything but Be Cool". I didn't like that one and the movie was even worse.

14. Buck Turgidson

OK, finally watched it. Great ending episode. In a few months when I start to miss the show, I guess I'll just start over with Season 1. I've never re-watched any of it.

I'll also have to go read "Friends of Eddie Coyle" now. The movie's great (Robert Mitchum, Peter Boyle and Richard Jordan), and Leonard said it's one of his favorite crime books.

"The Adventures of Art and Tim" needs to be a series now.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wynn Duffy Eyebrow Chronicles

16. Duncan McDonuts

Tim and Rachel were definitely underused in the series, but the change to serialized story telling that focused on Raylan from episodic was the problem. Any scenes with Tim were good, Rachel could have been better but her sass was alright.

Wynn is a good character similar to Saul. I'd watch his adventures with Mikey.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just ordered Friends of Eddie Coyle off Amazon. Can't wait.

Underrated part of the finale, the Raylan-esque state trooper. The look on Raylan's face was priceless.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I wouldn't go that far, I think they were friendly but remember that Raylan was there to tell him that Ava was dead which was a major blow for Boyd right in the heart.

Besides, why wouldn't Raylan be happy he beat Boyd in the end.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I loved the ending, one of the most satisfying dramatic series endings that I can think of.

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Tim's a great character that did not have enough screen time but to say maybe he could have his own spin-off might be too much. I don't think he shines that much without Raylan, his sarcasm in this show is awesome but to have that for a full season might get a little annoying.

All in all probably my favorite drama show ever. The villains were absolutely incredible, Duffy, the Bennett brothers, Boone, Markham, Johnny Crowder, Bo, Arlo... & then there were the heavy hitters like Quarles, Mags & Boyd ****ing Crowder.

Wasn't crazy about the Crowe brothers though.