1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Justice] Texas father kills man allegedly caught molesting his daughter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That is not sufficient.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

he saved Texas a lot of $$$. Arrest him? They should send the guy a rebate check.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it is.

DD

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

kind of a weird thread to bring this up in, but congrats anyhow, sam. :)

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, because he killed someone. I think the state owes homicide victims the courtesy of an examination of his death to be sure he was not murdered. If he caught the guy in the act and killed the guy, probably self-defense applies. If he found out after the fact and the girl was in no imminent danger, or (worse) he made that story up, then he's committed a serious crime and should go to prison. No jury has had a chance to weigh the evidence. That's what we have courts to figure out.

As for your example, I think an improvement would be: to ticket everyone doing 100 and making, say, a policeman prove why their going 100 doesn't constitute speeding. If he's chasing a suspect, cool; if he's getting to the coffee shop before closing time, not so good. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Sufficiency is up to the jury. They can take the man at his word if they wanted.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

if you knew someone raped your daughter and you didnt catch him in the act ..would you still track him down and kill the motherf***cker?

I would.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

similar concept I am thinking at kindergarten if my daughter has a man teacher day 1 I am pulling the teacher aside and letting him know straight up I will kill him if he lays a hand on her. is that being too weird. I just want him to know outright the situation.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Wow, you're hard.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hope you enjoy your one trip to her school, because you won't be allowed back, and you might even get a bonus jail sentence for threatening the teacher.

Look, this kind of thing is implied. You have kids, you're going to get their back. Show up at school, be active in their life, it sends enough of a signal to any would-be predator to look for easier pickings.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not a good example. The police would need to get an arrest warrant at this point which a judge will have to sign off on for probable cause. The judge will not issue the arrest warrant to meet probable cause that manslaughter or murder occurred unless the police have evidence or motive one of these crimes was committed. Police will investigate.

11. TISNF

TISNF Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-GG4BGeVRBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If they were in the act then it certainly sounds like self-defense or whatever the legal concept is when you're protecting someone else.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Don't be suprised if the teacher kicks your ass. Children are not a "get out of responsible behavior for free" card.

14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Why stop there? Why not do the same in 6th,7th,8th,9th 10th and so on....I know there are more male teachers than and I'm just going to guess that this kind of stuff is more common at those ages..(just a guess)

This is a horrific story and the guy got what he deserved. But there are much more good people out there than the sick people or at-least you have to believe or I'd never let my kid leave the house.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah I'm so hard protecting my 5 year old daughter :rolleyes::confused:

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

not trying to get out of being responsible.. but surely there must be a way of letting the guy know in a subtle way..

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

It might all depend on the guy that he killed and his history. I mean the guy might be the nicest person and a father himself. It's also what kind of molestation degree that it was. I mean killing the guy for just touching your daughter is totally wrong. I mean reporting him and his name plague all over the news with guilt and embarrassment is enough if he does felt badly about it and wished that it never happen but we will never know. But if he is a sexual predator that prey on children that can't help himself than he don't deserve to be in this society.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol my bad. Was just sayin.. I can understand a bit more now than before. I guess that was my point in bringing it up.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ya the way you described it is definitely not the way to approach it. I think what you're trying to accomplish goes without saying. Plus, I doubt her teacher will be a guy. Just a hunch. Keep us posted lol

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . and that's when the fight began.

The insulting implication alone would be enough to to get me to slap you down. Seriously. Or at least report you to the authorities if I was able to keep my tempter down.

This is why kids act an *ss in school. Because they know they can easily get a teacher fired because of ridiculous parents jumping down the teacher's throat. The threat to teachers is every prevalent and imo inhibits discipline.

Rocket River
    "No daddy, I didn't mean he touched me .. i meant he was tough on me. Why did you kill him daddy?"