1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Justice] Texas father kills man allegedly caught molesting his daughter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 11, 2012.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Well played sir, well played.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I said if the story is what it appears to be. Hopefully the cops did investigate. They should be able to ask the kid since she is 4.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That's how I see this playing out, too.

4. Classic

Classic Member

In Shiner, Texas, this man walks free. Don't know about anywhere on the East or West coast. I would consider the rape of a child to be the same as murder if I was on that jury. Stopping a murder by inadvertently committing murder when you're the guardian of a 4 year old is not murder nor vigilante in any way. My .02

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is in Shiner. No small town local DA is going to charge someone he probably knows for something like this unless there are other facts that got left out of the article.

My childhood friend who was an assistan DA in the valley said people in the valley get off on murder charges(caught guy sleeping with wife) all the time because they know that no jury in the valley would convict them.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Asking a kid is not proof, kids are notorious liars. I am sure they have all the physical evidence they need though.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They are notorious at being influenced. All you have to do is break out a pyschologist and some dolls. Anyone remember the cases where family members running a daycare were convicted of molesting children but were actually innocent? The psychologist on the case used dolls to show the kids what they wanted them to say happened to them. The kids were just going along with it because it was what the lady wanted to hear. Basically, ruined a family over lies.

8. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Forgot about that, saw it in high school psychology.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Gif says it all.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I just found out that we're having a girl.

I would go ape ish on some guy esp if I caught him in the act. I doubt it would be any different if it was my son.

#30 sammy, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

EDIT: Congratulations, sir! ^ :eek:

Also, no arrests have been made. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Need more facts.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They should probably arrest him and try him. If he gets off, great. I think it's likely (given my paltry information) he'd win in court, or if he lost he'd get a minor punishment (Texas history especially has plenty of precedent of people getting light punishment or not guilty verdicts for crimes of righteous anger, like due to infidelity). The charges could even get dismissed before going to trial. But, I don't think you should just not arrest him at all.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Didn't say the child was rapped, just molested. That can mean anything though.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This may be true, but how do you prove the man was molesting your child?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but the daughter was there, and I am sure the police asked her what happened too.

DD

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Same here.

The guy did a hero's duty, not a criminal act. But you can't advocate everyone taking justice into their own hands with intent to kill that.

The only deterrent is a symbolic amount of time served, even if it just amounts to a slap in the wrist instead of NOTHING.

(Then as others pointed out, its if the region operates like that. )

18. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Playing devil's advocate, was there evidence that the child was being molested? If there is, let him get off lightly. But what's to say, he didn't murdered the guy in a fit of rage and used the daughter to cover it up.

I assume there were no witnesses and we just have to take his word for it. This can lend a very bad precedent. If there's proof then it's a different story. Just saying.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is nothing to get off of, the guy has a right to defend his daughter, there is no crime.

As for justice into your own hands, sometimes you have that right.

DD

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why waste people's money and time if everyone knows he didn't do anything wrong. Defending your child is not against the law. Its like saying give everyone a ticket for speeding and make them prove that they didn't speed.