1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just when you thought Harden could not get any better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ricardo1979, Nov 25, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm very happy with his offense, and playmaking. I hope he will continue to get better on defense. We are lucky to have him. A number 3 pick.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harden by his own account has dropped about 10 pounds, so that has obviously helped him. Dude is a tank who takes a lot of punishment but it was good for him to lose some of the junk in the trunk.

Killatron 2000, DonKnock and saleem like this.
  3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I can't believe this dude is shooting almost 40% from 3.... that is so unfair.... that was his only real "weakness"

Patience, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

If James can limit his turnover to 2 to 3ish from here on he will have no weakness on offense

Killatron 2000 and DonKnock like this.
  5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

If Harden can sustain 40% 3PT plus whatever he's doing now for another 5 years he may go down as the best ever

DonKnock and ribbit like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah but be realistic. A guy guarded as heavily as Harden is not going to maintain that % for 5 years. He's streaky and I imagine people are going to act shocked when his shooting dips. His mechanics look better this season, but I don't think by that much. As long as he's at 38% or better, he's basically murdering other teams.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He turned out to be a 'nice' player. And moar.

[​IMG]

#27 daywalker02, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  8. riko

riko Member

I tend to agree also that Harden has not even come close to reaching his peak period. He just turned 28 so he can still get better.

Killatron 2000 and DonKnock like this.
  9. eslate22

eslate22 Member

harden is so close to ultra instinct

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well with a better shot section and less of a burden for him having to carry i can imagine that

his bad 3pt percentage had a lot to do with taking a lot contested off the dribble 3s tired

if morey manages to get him more help , say lebron, then why not, anything is possible

Red Chocolate and DonKnock like this.
  11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I thought Harden had the most free throws off "3 point attempts" last season. He probably threw up 3 point shot that had no chance of going in just to draw fouls. While this was effective, it artificially lowered his 3P %

Killatron 2000 and YaoMing#1 like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he did it this year. I don't think we need Lebron to take down the Warriors. We need a little luck or a good deadline signing, someone who gets bought out and be an excellent bench player. Man we're so good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. bongman

bongman Member

What is not mentioned a lot is his style of play. He doesn't need godlike athleticism to be effective. This normally means that he can do this for 10 more years without missing a beat. I am confident that he will bring us a ring if not this year, eventually.

Beard and Killatron 2000 like this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is super athletic. If you watch him start and stop you would realize how insanely athletic he is. Pretty much everyone in the NBA is a super athlete. Harden is on a different level.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If you get fouled then it doesn't count as an attempt.

Red Chocolate and RockWest like this.
  16. bongman

bongman Member

Not denying his alethicsm but generally speaking, he is not accepted on par with the LJ, Westbrook, MJ, KOBE, Durants, etc as "freaks".

The point I was trying to make is that most NBA players become less effective once they lose their speed, hops, etc. The great ones adapt well. Harden can keep playing the way he plays for a long time

BigggReddd likes this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

For the last 2-3 seasons I've pointed out areas where Harden could improve...

Every year the nuthuggers get all attackative insisting James walks on water and to expect anything more is ridiculous...

Then James comes back the next year, makes the adjustments - and takes it to the next level...

Props to him for continuing to improve!

Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I wouldn't say 10 years like you previously said, since he's 28, but I can see his prime lasting through the age of 35 for sure. This is the age of technology, where they have dieting down to a tee and workouts constructing to maximize your potential. This isn't the 80s anymore where people will fall off at the age of 30. We're witnessing players right now who are the first in new age medicine. LeBron, Paul, Durant, Harden, all these transcendent players will still be playing prime basketball at the age of 35. You just never see that. Hell, some of these players might be playing prime ball until they're 36-37. The technology they have in medicine and rehab is insane these days

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I remember the days dullards on this forum created threads to "Trade James Frauden."

Mr Chuck Norris, DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  20. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Ah I see. Thx for the info.