1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Just when things were going good the Heat come to town

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mantronix, Jan 22, 2000.

Tags:
  1. mantronix

mantronix Member

This the last team I wanted to see the Miami Hack I mean Heat, Well they should be called the hack because that is all they do is Hack you to death until you cant even move. The Rockets have not beaten the Heat in eon's.
    I hope tonight is the night the Rockets end this misreble losing streak to the Heat because it's been to long now.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I can't wait to see Stevie back up his trash when he practices for the Slam Dunk Contest on Mourning. >:)

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im not worried one bit about this game. Alonzo will have to work harder for his points this time. Also I see that Tim Hardaway is back and Im glad. He is not in shape, he is rusty and Steve Francis has to go wild on him. Hardaway is not in good shape so francis will take advantage of that.

We are on a roll... And if you want to know if we will win or not then just ask Akeem. [​IMG]

4. TraJ

TraJ Member

I'm glad Cato will be back for the game (at least I think he will be). Neither he nor Hakeem will be at the top of their game, but I think we'll do better if we have both of them available.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

This is actually the perfect time to play this team because it will let us know if this winning streak is for real or if the rockets are just kidding themselves about the playoffs.

6. alaskansnowman

I think the perfect time to play the Heat is in about a week from now. By then, both Hakeem and Cato would have shaken off their rust from not playing.

I agree that Zo's gonna have a tougher time with Hakeem/Cato then he did with Hamilton though. But still, Zo is a lot stronger/in much better shape than Hakeem is. And Cato will be cautious because it is his 1st game back from his injury.

If we win today, then I think we have a good chance of making the playoffs. Beatin a good Heat team with Cato and Hakeem still rusty would be a very good accomplishment.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

No better time to end the Florida streak than now!

From what I recall from the last game, we were getting kicked around by the Heat until late in the 4th when the Rockets decided to make it interesting.

Can we beat the Heat?

Yes.

------------------
    The key for the Rockets is a winning attitude and mentality which can only be had by winning basketball games. :cool:

8. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

I watched Hawks v. Heat last night on TNT and, as bad as the Hawks are, you would think that an "elite" team like the Heat would have scored 200 (not saying that 20 up is all that bad either).

I believe that we'll match up with them better than the Hawks did. Stevie will go off on Hardaway if he shows up like he did last night. If Shandon and Dream have good games, no doubt the Heat lose. 97-93 Rockets.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

During the 5 game winning streak the Rockets played crap teams except for Portland. Not that I'm a Blazer fan, but good teams have off nights. I'm looking forward to the Rockets matchup Sunday night versus the Heat. Are the Rockets back on track? We'll find out. Looking ahead, Minnesota, Golden State, @ Denver, Charlotte, and Philadelphia. All games that we can win. All games except for the Nuggets at home. Things are looking real good for the Rockets.

10. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

It would take a miracle to win this game.

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

It will be tough, but this game is very winnable. We need to concentrate on Alonzo, and let Mashburn have his. We're much better letting Mashburn try and go on one with Shandon, rather than let Zo go one on one with Dream/Cato. Test Timmy...let him have that open shot. Double down with different combinations on Alonzo. Double big and test PJ Brown's jumper. Double small and test Timmy. Offensively, just do what we have been doing. Let Francis create off the dribble and go from there.

12. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

If Matt Bullard and Pig Miller start against the Heat we'll get blown out in the first quarter. It's time for Rudy to put Cato, Thomas, are Hakeem in the starting lineup. There is no reason for Bullard and Miller to start anymore, it won't work against the top teams.

Francis
    Anderson
    Cato
    Williams
    Thomas

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I would like to emphasize that EVERY game is winnable...even for the Rockets.

Rarely have they played bad enough to deserve to lose a game this year if you cut the turnovers in every game by 3-4.

We are not a bad team, just a team that is developing an identity. I still say we can make the playoffs.

Oh, let me say this too. Our best chance is beating out Phoenix. They will fall on the road.

The Pimp has spoken.

------------------
    The key for the Rockets is a winning attitude and mentality which can only be had by winning basketball games.

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited January 23, 2000).]