1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. King Boo

King Boo Member

Agree with most of your post except this. Having Asik and Smith out at the same time is basically 4v5 on offense every time. They can't both be camped out right at the basket :p

2. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I was talking about individual games. Lin didn't have the highest +/- in every game during Linsanity, and to illustrate I pointed out his two most prolific games during Linsanity.

Yet I see people downplaying Harden's impact by pointing out +/-, when I doubt these same people did likewise for Lin's monster games last season.

Yes I did watch. I don't remember Lin getting doubled. Why would he be doubled? He wasn't hitting enough to warrant a double. I do remember a couple of times in the 4th him trying to use a pick, but getting nowhere, picking up his dribble near the top of the key and getting stuck, and desperately trying to find a bail out pass, nearly turning the ball over.

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Really bro? Your opinion cares no weight on the subject as you are a lof

4. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Not being here due to differences in opinions of management/contract issues =/= not wanting to be here.

Also, I care because this is a Rockets forum. Comparing a current player to what we had before is quite natural.

Oh and on the GARM description pretty sure it says that discussion of past Rockets is pretty valid and relevant.
    <br>
    <br>
    By the way, while we are here...
    Stats for tonight:

Kyle Lowry- 21 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals, and ONLY 2 turnovers on 55% fg, 66% 3fg, 7-7 ft.

Goran Dragic- 16 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers
    (game still in progress)

Jeremy Lin- 12 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 turnovers
    <br>
    Yeah Lin is definitely way better than Dragic/Lowry :rolleyes:

#105 DudeWah, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  6. King Boo

King Boo Member

Reported. What was that you said about "fangirls making every threads [sic] into a war"? :rolleyes:

7. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I have been following basketball probably longer than you have been alive...

watched the Sonics my favorite team win in 1979

but... I have had two NBA teams moved on me Sonics and

the Grizzlies, after I had to watch them play 5 years of lottery worthy teams...

thinking things will get better...

when you have had a team moved on you...

then get back to me about loyalty to a team...

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hmm, so Lin brings a bunch of potentially hot young chicks to this thread. Horrible and unforgiveable. Maybe they are really here for Chandler.

9. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Agree context is everything. So why are people downplaying Harden's performance and pumping up Lin's because Lin had a higher +/-? Be consistent.

10. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

You sound like you need:
    a) stay in school
    b) go back to school
    c) try harder in school

Your team won. Harden looks like a Super-star. Jeremy Lin had a solid game. Asik was the defensive anchor. Delfino was clutch in the 4th. And you want to cry? WAAAAH! Stop it, and enjoy the ride.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

OK how about this?

We just want Jeremy Lin to keep up with Harden. We think he has potential.
    For Breadsainty to work, Jlin needs to step up. He was OK today, SADLY (cause we got alot of other stuff to sort out as a team) crucial to team despite HArden's Awesome display. But hey LOF just believe that he still recovering back to his form.

What's wrong with that?

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

umm Houston knows all about losing a team.

13. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

what I dont like is cry babies who click on a Lin thread and biatch and moan about it...

dont like it dont click on it cry babies..

grown a$$$$ men biatchin like little girls...

14. GideonC

GideonC Member

This really is weird... 12-8 with good rebounds for a guard and league-leading steals is a really good game statistically. Lin also did all sorts of things to help us that don't show up on a stat sheet... but how is this game any sort of "disappointment"... huh?

1 person likes this.
  15. slickster

slickster Member

Damn, those no-look dimes were sweeeet!

JLin is totally relaxed and smiling all the time. Let JLin get back into shape. He is going to be nasty!

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    K now it's obvious you don't know anything about basketball. But you amuse me so I wont ignore you. Are your jimmies rustled brah?

Oh and to answer your elementary lvl question: Portland.

17. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

this is what haters do. they over exaggerate things to make it seem like they have a point. NOBODY said Lin was a superstar. NO ONE is saying Lin is better than Harden. Harden played like a runaway MVP tonight. Lin's defense tonight was just unbelievable. both players fed off each other. and both players got us the win. now shutup

18. King Boo

King Boo Member

No one is downplaying a 37 pt, 12 assist game. You're arguing with yourself. :mad:

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

20. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

WTF you talking about? Harden was the man today, I compared him to Lebron (maybe on another thread, I'm bouncing around, pretty exciting start to the season). I just said Lin took defensive pressure off of Harden, and now you got your panties in a twist? Replace Harden with Martin, and this would've been an ugly loss.