1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm talking about Tyson Chandler.

2. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

well hypocrite,

Tell him to stop talking about another player on another team

Lin wasnt even here... when Morey tried to undercut Dragic

now we have to listen to him pine for a player on another team...

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Agreed, next time just follow Lin on an entire defensive possession. You will see that his focus, effort, and awareness are off the charts. Then follow Cook for a possession, then Douglas, or whoever else. Look at the decision that each player makes each second based upon which of the 5 offensive guys on the court poses the most danger at every given second, including the position of each teammate, the guy that they are guarding, his tendencies, strengths, and whether he is hot. There are many many flashier defenders, but I don't see another more effective PG defender. I particularly liked Lin the way he was used by Eric Musselman at Reno, as a defensive stopper against the best opposing player, even once at the end of the game against an opposing star 4 who was a perimeter player despite being about 6'9".

1 person likes this.
  4. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

This guy obviously wanted Toney Douglas to start at PG. Did you even follow your own team on the offseason?

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    No I wanted Dragic. Did you even follow basketball before Jeremy Lin?

Wait, on second thought....don't answer that.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

what ever you say hypocrite

7. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

dragic is not a Rocket anymore...

hypocrite

8. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

9. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I'm looking at a bunch of games tonight and what a surprise, former HOU PGs Lowry and Dragic are killing. I mean Lowry was a 3rd string PG in MEM. Suns gave up on him. Now they're doing pretty well and i think that's because of McHale's PnR offense. Now back to Lin, I honestly believe he will do just as well as those 2 guys. All we can do is wait and be patient just as we did with Lowry and Dragic.

10. King Boo

King Boo Member

Context is everything. Lin played almost the entire game against the Lakers, so his +/- would just be around the difference in scores. What do ya know, the Knicks beat the Lakers by 7 pts that game. :rolleyes:

Lin had +23 tonight while the Rockets "only" won by 9. If you actually watched the game, you'd know the Rockets absolutely collapsed when Lin got in foul trouble.

He played a good game on both sides of the court and he's only going to get better as he gets healthier and more in tune with his new teammates. Be happy. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Dude, you're embarrassing yourself. Dragic didn't want you alright, move on. So stop stalking him.

12. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

This is basketball dude, better players take pressure off of other players. When Lin was out, Harden was being guarded heavily, whether it's a tight/double/triple coverage, they were able to key on him. With Lin on the floor, that wasn't as easily done, since the defense had to also respect Lin's offense. Get over yourself. Stop nit-picking my exaggerations.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I agree on the $$ point, but what superstar has Lin attracted?

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Completely agree. The reason that they won is that they played team ball, each player took the best shot and made the best play (according to his judgment at least) at the given time. This time, Harden was given enough room to get 37. Next time if he is doubled more, others will free up. Let's all just hope the two of them stay injury free, and all sit back and enjoy. When I was watching, i was amazed at how unselfish the team looked and was amazed that there seems to a GM like Morey who truly understands the game. His advanced stats are no joke. Lin was off the charts in his defensive stats even at GS.

I think our ideal lineup right now is Asik, Smith, Parsons, Harden, and Lin. Need more bench help. I really really wish we hadn't given up on Livingston--he showed great unselfish play during the preseason, defensive positioning, and hustle, just really liked his game.

15. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Linsanity he was driving to the basket almost every play...

he looked more like, the player he turned into when Melo got back from injury...

pass first shoot last mentality....

get the other players involved

I am fine with that as long as he wins games... and that is the most important thing we want

16. King Boo

King Boo Member

Also, who the heck is "diminishing" Harden? Dude had a superstar performance. You're arguing against phantoms who apparently weren't satisfied with a 37pt, 12 assist debut. :rolleyes:

17. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

The only bad thing about Lin beside not having enough experience is that he bought along with him a lot of fangirls. Fangirls that never play and watch basketball before he show up.

I like Lin. I don't have problem with him but his fangirls is making every threads into a war.

18. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

You wanted Dragic, and Dragic wanted a 4th year player option. Dragic was not here when Lin was courted. Don't ask me whether I know ball or not, I can tell by how you speak, you don't know **** about ball. Real quick question, w/o Googling this, what team did Drexler come from, before he arrived in Houston? If you know the answer, maybe you are a Rocket fan, if you don't, you are full of ****. Don't call me out buddy, I know my basketball. I also know Dragic ain't that great. For example, did you know that Dragic took a team who was situated in 8th playoff spot last year, and put up great stats, and led them to the lottery. Have fun rooting for Dragic in Phoenix.

1 person likes this.
  19. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

just stfu dude, go clean your thong.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

chill out guys - no international incidents today PLEASE!