1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

This is only his 26th game play as a starter? I believe Lin as a basketball player will live up to the contract we ink him.

2. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Lin was a defensive juggernaut today in the 4th. completely shutdown Knight.

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I'm not a hater bc i think hes avg. Whats he done to make me think hes better than that? You're a homer and a LOF if you think hes some kind of all star or superstar.

And no i didn't mean replaced like that, i meant that's who we had last season compared to lin this season. I already explained how goran could easily be our starting pg right now if it weren't for the asian $$ from Lin.

Whatever, my opinion is out there. I'd rather have kept Goran. But, we didn't. Lin is here. I'll root for him in Rockets red only unlike all his other fans here and that's that.

4. conquistador#11

Certainly agree. but at age 24, phoenix was already giving up on Dragic. Lin will improve.

5. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Save your memories of past Rocket teams for the off-season. I am not a fan of pre-2011 Rockets, but am a HUGE fan of 2012 Rockets and beyond. Deal with it, because I don't really give a ****. Wahooo! Rockets rollin' today, with that awful 2nd team, and the unstoppable Detroit superstar, Toney Douglass.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Why do we have to deal with people who don't know the game.

Dude, we can do this all day:

Lin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lowry/Dragic.

Lin is a winner at every level he has played.

1 person likes this.
  7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

people who only watched Lin's highlights do not know how good Lin is defensively.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Funny post. I do not like Douglas' game (doesn't see the court at all for a little guy), even though I love his attitude and effort. Morris looked awful, but I didn't see him enough last year to know whether this was an aberration, so I'll withhold judgment.

I think Greg Smith is the real deal, clearly. Smith should start at the 4. Hope his injury is not serious.

9. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Incorrect sir, during Linsanity, Lin had the best +/- of any player, except for maybe Tyson Chandler. Did you watch today's game? Lin didn't bring in monster stats, but he was effective, and got pressure off of Harden. Lin commands double teams, and this helps the other guy that commands triple teams.

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

You guys see those steals in the box score and think his defense is amazing now?

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Except that he hasn't won anything. So that argument is completely moot.

Lowry/Dragic have been statistically better than Lin in basically every category for much longer. Plus their value on the court is miles more than Lin.

I can deal with not having Lowry because obviously he and McHale did not mesh and ultimately Lowry netted us Harden.

On the other hand, the only reason we don't have Dragic atm is because of that pesky player option he wanted. No player option and Lin would never be on the Rockets and you guys could still be on the Knicks board nuthugging Lin and having to watch Carmelo.

1 person likes this.
  12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Lin was taking pressure off of Harden tonight? Commanding double teams?

This **** is unreal lol

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vcchlw,

You are true Rockets fan and a long time well respected poster on Clutchfans.
    A scrubby newb can't hold a candle to you.

Screw them. You don't need to explain your statements, it's coming from a real Rockets fan.

14. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Hey I don't know why we are arguing as rockets fans who is better than who, but I can tell you that Lin had a solid game and will only get better. Harden made everyone better and Lin made Harden Better. They would break the double team faster off of Harden when Lin was on the court. And Lin was penetrating the D pretty easy and will get better with time. It is more about stats I was apposed to loosing Dragic and Lowery and replacing them with Lin. And I have to say that after watching him he has the offensive potential is as high as either of theirs but his defense is far and away better. What I haven't seen on the board surprising enough is how Asik earned his money tonight and looked surprisingly fluent on offense around the basket and has to be in the conversation for the best defensive big man in the game his rotations were sick. I am a Rockets fan am Excited for the first time in the direction of our team since Yao retired. If yall Morey haters cant respect the awesome position he has put us in moving forward you are blind and don't understand what it takes to run an NBA front office. The chemistry between Lin and Harden is going to be epic with both of them being able to play the PG and the SG and switch position to position and attack with a double pick and roll, were one would pick and roll than kick out for another pick and roll from each side of the key. Leading to an easy basket or assist for the team, not necessarily adding to there stat line even tho they definitely had an effect on the play. Which they did tonight with great effectiveness. Long story short be happy for the Rockets I guarantee that both Lin and Hardin are.:grin:

2 people like this.
  15. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

It's getting ridiculous. These Rockets fans don't even realize that Lowry and Dragic were long gone before Lin wasn't matched by the Knicks. If Dolan doesn't pull a Presti, Lin would be in NY, and Douglas would be the starting PG for your Houston Rockets. Unbelievable how myopic people can be.

1 person likes this.
  16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

i seriously rolled my eyes and was going to respond. I'm done.

Okay fellas! Lin is a superstar and is the best player on this team and the planet. Goodnight.

17. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Lin + Harden sounds better than Goran + Harden imo. Lin attracts them $$ and superstars. Goran does neither.

18. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Will people shut up about Lowry and Dragic. They're gone, get over it. They've moved on and you should too.

We dumped Lowry for someone better, Harden, and we should be happy.

Dragic dumped us. Regardless of that 4th year talk, he wanted to be with someone else, his ex.

MOVE THE F"""" ON!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how Lin gets Asik easy points. Just like he was doing for Chandler dat unappreciative scrub.

I jumped off the couch with his no look passes. He even faked me. ****ing douchebag.

2 people like this.
  20. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

HOLYSH!T, i think we should ban all people joining clutchfans after April 2012 from posting. They are so f'ing sensitive. I wonder how big of a talker they are in real life.