1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. torocan

torocan Member

They were trying. Harden and Lin were actually setting picks for eachother.

I'm guessing the rest of the team is just too raw right now. Prior to the last pre-season game, he said that he had only been able to implement very basic playsets because the rooks were starting from zero.

Harden/Lin need reliable pick setters before they can run the PnR reliably without someone other than eachother. I expect they'll be able to integrate more of those high and side PnR's into their skillsets.

For the most part tonight, the offense was Harden and Lin making it up as they went along. Really quite scary considering how long Harden has been here and that this is only Lin's 26th start.

Those two are going to be VERY good together once the rest of the team gets their **** together.

2. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

LOL, the tinman is nothing but a hemorrhoid on this board. If anything, wouldn't the tinman say Dragic is persona non grata, because he is playing for NOT THE ROCKETS, and shouldn't even be mentioned in a ROCKETS forum. Why would anyone need to educate themselves on a player who no longer plays for the ROCKETS? Stop living in the past, this is a NEW AGE, and you need to re-educate yourself.

1 person likes this.
  3. King Boo

King Boo Member

Offense and defense both start at the PG position. He's a very disruptive defender and makes it hard for the Pistons to run the play like they want. The 4 steals helped too.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's a reason why we're here, we're Rockets fans like you vcchlw!

5. bball_homer

bball_homer Member

First-time poster so u know i'm likely a Lin fan which I am.

Anyhow, as much as I like him, Lin is not a super talent which you tailor your offense to at the detriment of the entire team. Harden is clearly a better player. Lin's a good player nevertheless and very solid overall.

And he was definitely the victim of some bad calls. They legit reasons

I don't think he'll recapture the Linsanity magic but he should prove to be a good starting PG.

Definitely needs to work on the turn-overs and shooting.

He's game similar to Westbrook/Derrick Rose, with more smarts but much less physical raw talent. Still a good athlete.

Still, harden was amazing and I think he helped Lin and vice versa.

6. MKL

MKL Member

Dragic is gone, get over it. He didn't want to be a Rocket, he rather have the player option.

Get over yourself.

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

newb,

vcchlw has been on this board since 2002. I think he knows what I would say. I would say anything a true rocket fan would say.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

No bc we didnt replace Jordan with Lin. We DID replace gogi and lowry for Lin.

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

Don't stoop to his level. I think most people have noticed the blatant double standard and hypocrisy of that troll.

10. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

That backcourt at times looked unstoppable. I have rarely seen such fluid ball movement and crisp passing. Can this duo get better?

11. King Boo

King Boo Member

12. munco

munco Member

He had a very good game as evidenced by his plus minus. Still looked a bit less confident though and jumper is off. I think he just needs more time and will look even better.

As far as D goes, he's an average on the ball defender but amazing on help d. I'd actually say the same about Harden. I don't see either as real lock down guys but are great with help d and playing passing lanes.

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

14. bball_homer

bball_homer Member

i think we need to keep expectations in check for jeremy lin...he's good but not superstar talent like Harden.

I'm hoping he proves me wrong there but i realize if he can turn out to be a good starting PG, i be happy.

He is literally a poorman Derrick Rose or Westbrook. Just nowhere near the physical talent level and dribbling ability but smarter.

15. MKL

MKL Member

Actually, Lowry turned into the #1 pick that got us Harden. Lin was gotten with cap space because Dragic wanted a better deal with player option.

16. David Stern

David Stern Member

17. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

JLin's still working his way back. He usually finishes some of those shots at the rim (or at least gets to the line). Even though he's not where he wants to be yet, he's still invaluable for this Rockets team to have out there. The defense has to respect him, which gives Harden more room to do his thing.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lin didn't look bad tonight. Perhaps I'm spoiled though, I saw nothing special about his performance to rave about. Maybe I'm spoiled from having two great PGs last year, unlike the scrubs NY had before Lin, but there was nothing special about the performance.

Not saying he did bad or anything, but I saw nothing special about it.

19. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

True! I also felt he isn't getting calls from the refs these days

20. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

Agreed. That why Omer is so important. He can make up for a lot of mistakes when they play off their man.